Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If DAZN offers Wilder a Fury-ESPN Deal, how many PBC fighters will Follow?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
    But but that’s illegal. Isn’t that what the two crybabies Oscar and Arum sues Haymon for. The fans supported them in those lawsuits too. Funny no one complains about it when it doesn’t involved Haymon. Weird
    Exclusive network contracts have never been illegal. Canelo is only fighting on DAZN, he'll never fight on Fox or Showtime or ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      massive multi fight contracts and have a fight like that on the horizon for a DAZN fighter
      Roc Nation wanted Thurman, 7million signing. Roc Nation wanted Broner for 40mil... those were the rumors. Roc Nation wanted Quillin for 6 million if I recall.

Times have changed, the game has changed since 2014.

DAZN has serious financial backing to invest for subscriptions that is meant for global collision, branding. ESPN + are examples of technologies they can go by for sports mgmt streaming.

And “massive” is an overstatement without citing details and for which fighter. Thurman nor Mikey are valued like Wilder with investment. That’s the nature of Heavyweights

Comment

Maybe Mikey gets a fat contract if he beat Spence but theres No 135-147 worth a sh.it over there to make any good fights , Makes sense for a Espn contract with Crawford /Loma over there
        140 is loaded on DAZN.

But all top welterweights are on PBC. If Mikey can get through Spence, the best welterweight in the division, no reason for him not to fight Thurman, Garcia, Porter, and Pacquiao as well. No reason he can't beat them either (If he truly beats Spence who is the best.)

I could see Mikey going to 154 for Castano.

Comment

It depends on the fighter and the Landscape of their Division to be honest. For Wilder, AJ is over on DAZN so it somewhat make sense to finally get that fight done. For Charlo, yeah the BULK of 160 is over on DAZN...HOWEVER if you fight at 147 even Eddie Hearn admits you should be with PBC if you fight at 147 and rightfully so.

It is plenty to go around for ALL but fans seems to have Drawn this line and is now acting like Fanboys and Groupies for Networks, Apps, Managers and Promoters which is really weird if you think about it. I'm all for the fighters, whatever is best for the fighters that is what I Care About!

Get the money while you can because it is no Guarantee it will last, if DAZN doesn't see the profit and get the Subs they want to pay out all these Contracts then I'm sure they have outs in all those contracts and they too could eventually cut the budget down leaving fighters Scrambling for new homes once again like after the HBO Debacle that nobody seen coming because they thought everything was going well because they was getting better ratings than Showtime

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
            Roc Nation wanted Thurman, 7million signing. Roc Nation wanted Broner for 40mil... those were the rumors. Roc Nation wanted Quillin for 6 million if I recall.

Times have changed, the game has changed since 2014.

DAZN has serious financial backing to invest for subscriptions that is meant for global collision, branding. ESPN + are examples of technologies they can go by for sports mgmt streaming.

And “massive” is an overstatement without citing details and for which fighter. Thurman nor Mikey are valued like Wilder with investment. That’s the nature of Heavyweights
            Besides Wilder , What fighter with PBC could go to DAZN and fight one of their fighters and would even be close to how big a AJ /Wikder is.

DAzn has MW and AJ , After Wilder , there is any big names at HW at PBC and the only
            Somewhat notable MW is Charlo which if he went to DAzn and fought Canelo /Golovkin/Jacobs /Andrade theyd all be great fight for fans but none of them come close to moving the needle like AJ /Wikder or Golovkin/Canelo Fights. It’s just a good fight for boxing fans it wouldn’t cross over

PBC has 147/154 locked up whos there at DAZn besides Vargas / Brook for any of the PBC guys and those 2 aren't big names

What I meant as far as Mikey it he gets past Spence he could go to ESPn nobody at DAZn and fight Crawford or Loma and they’d both be PPv quality fights that do OK #s. But he can stay at PBC and take PACs scalp on PPV whos a bigger name and a ATG or take on any of the PBC WW and be almost if not bigger then a Crawford fight. That’s all

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              140 is loaded on DAZN.

But all top welterweights are on PBC. If Mikey can get through Spence, the best welterweight in the division, no reason for him not to fight Thurman, Garcia, Porter, and Pacquiao as well. No reason he can't beat them either (If he truly beats Spence who is the best.)

I could see Mikey going to 154 for Castano.
              140 is loaded only because of the WBSS after that ends , I don’t think any of them are attached to DAZn ( I could be wrong)and I think it’s just HOoker and Taylor who is with DAzn

I can’t see MIkey at 154 unless it was like when he said he’d fight Cotto in his last fight , He’d fight a huge name whos smallish at 154 and on their way out. He’s way to small to compete at 154 and I can’t think of anyone like Cotto for him to fight , The logical fight is PAC whos like Cotto but a bigger name and at WA , If took the bogey man Spence’s scalp and then took a ATG Manny scalp that’s a sick back to back and be the best in long time , He’d have to be Fighter of the year /P4P #1 Locked if he did that.
              Last edited by R_Walken; 03-09-2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Besides Wilder , What fighter with PBC could go to DAZN and fight one of their fighters and would even be close to how big a AJ /Wikder is.
                These are rhetorical questions yes?

What is “one of their fighters?”

And like I said, it is ******ed to assume another PBC fighter(s) would equal AJ vs Wilder. These are ******ed premises.

Fighters going to DAZN is to try something new, not to compare a big HW expectation to a random bout in other divisions...

Seems like you’re trying to not acknowledge PBC fighters going to DAZN for 7-8 figure deals and comparing it to AJ vs Wilder. That doesn’t make sense
                Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 03-09-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

These are rhetorical questions yes?

What is “one of their fighters?”

And like I said, it is ******ed to assume another PBC fighter(s) would equal AJ vs Wilder. These are ******ed premises.

Fighters going to DAZN is to try something new, not to compare a big HW expectation to a random bout in other divisions...

Seems like you’re trying to not acknowledge PBC fighters going to DAZN for 7-8 figure deals and comparing it to AJ vs Wilder. That doesn’t make sense
                  No sh/it Sherlock you don’t say ; Maybe I wasn’t clear and
                  Just burnt when I theres no
                  Other big fights for PBC guys at DAZN

Why the f.uck would you try something new if that meant no ones watching you compared to Fox /Showtime . Who on PBC could make 8 figures to fight on Dazn ? Only fighter it makes sense is Wikder because of AJ
                  M

Comment

Why the f.uck would you try something new if that meant no ones watching you compared to Fox /Showtime . Who on PBC could make 8 ....M
                    1.) DAZN continues to grow subscriptions. Investors go by analyst expectations and DAZN will be significantly bigger than as the years go by.

2.) when a Network (or a new streaming powerhouse) enters the game, offering a 7-8 figure deal is perfectly fine under the stipulations of the total fights proposed. A fighter doesn’t care about “who’s watching” when they’re being a offered the bag.

Comment

1.) DAZN continues to grow subscriptions. Investors go by analyst expectations and DAZN will be significantly bigger than as the years go by.

2.) when a Network (or a new streaming powerhouse) enters the game, offering a 7-8 figure deal is perfectly fine under the stipulations of the total fights proposed. A fighter doesn’t care about “who’s watching” when they’re being a offered the bag.
                      1) I get that but so far it’s reported the subscription # has been sparse , So yeah you’d think you can only go up

2) Yeah Get the $ , But at some point people /fans need to know you exist . Unless just paid stupid cash which wouldn’t happen unless youre a big star already and they hope that you drive subscribers you aren’t getting that big bag unless your the other side of a huge fight ,They wouldn’t hand out a big bag because you’re a cool guy you might get above market value , but there needs to be upside to them ,

If even in the same ball park maybe getting more exposure is better for your career . If no one knows or cares when you fight it’s a built excuse for guys not to fight you because no one will even notice if viewed as a threat or guys wont fight you because you bring nothing to the table

Farmers getting paid well and staying crazy active , But nobody watches and no body cares. Have people demanded the Farmer /Tank fight any more in the last 6 months , Have people been bringing up a
                      farmer /Berchelt fight , No because for most he’s out of sight out of mind so there
                      No incentive for other guys to fight him , He maybe paid above his market value on DAZn but no ones clamouring for any of the fighters with some clout to fight him because he still doesn’t bring anything to the table cash or popularity wise. It probably be different if he fought even half as often on a platform that promted him and that people watched , they might actually be interested in Farmer fighting those guys ,

Comment

Working...
                      X