PETITION to Save GGG’s Legacy / Career - Don’t Sign w DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
      I have ALWAYS given ggg his credit of being a very skillful fighter & a top name for any fighters resume. But gggs problem has ALWAYS been playing it safe(which ironically is the main reason he only has 1 loss on his resume which thereby demonstrates monetarily his careers been managed decently but at same time has compromised his legacy,so its a paradigm). And yes as I've said prior,GGs best bet is going to SMW,I could've swore I was saying this to you on another thread.

The irony is that MW is full of giants boiling down who would likely be more dangerous to any fighter than most smws aside from Smith,& I dont see who can beat gg at smw except Smith who I think would still be beatable because he himselfs a giant smw boiling down. I give Canelo a shot to destroy at smw as well because hes far more skillful than the SMWs & he is far more well rounded & has easily same power as most SMWs.
      GGG was always trying to fight the best fighters his weight which is 160. Sturm, Cotto, Martinez, Saunders and Eubank all played it safe by refusing good money offers to fight him. He never seems to have trouble making 160 and is very close to 160 even on the 30 days out weigh ins. His fight night weight is usually reported as 170 for a gain of 10 pounds which is average for a middleweight and the same as Canelo's fight night weight. In his last 4 fights 3 of those fights were against the two best middleweights in the world besides himself. His trainer said GGG vs Callum Smith is a great fight for GGG so he is not avoiding 168.

Comment

Lol, it's hilarious how much you hate the guy. Trying to come up with an idiotic argument so he doesn't get paid? That's a whole new level of lame.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I am a big GGG fan and a big Canelo fan. I would love for him to go to 168 and win those fights you talk about him winning. I hope he does go with PBC. GGG will decide who he signs with and nothing anybody posts on this forum will influence his decision. I doubt he has ever visited this forum even once. About all anybody on here can do is cross their fingers and hope he chooses the network they want him to chose. Canelo is his biggest money fight but Canelo is the DAZN darling now. GGG will never get fair scoring in a 3rd Canelo fight and would need to either win at least 9 rounds big or score a KO to get the win. Canelo is too good and his chin is too great for that to have much chance of happening. GGG would probably be treated better by PBC and still make very good money. I hope he goes with PBC. ESPN has insulted him so he won't be signing with them which is for the best.
          It’s just unfortunate that there are many industry forces that persuading Golovkin to go to DAZN.

We as fans need to be real, if DAZN is offering GGG 25% more than PBC, then it’s definitely not worth GGG to go to DAZN. It only makes GGG’s resume worse than it already is, and many GGG fans don’t even support him enough they just say “eh let him go for the bag” even though he’s already made great money and will continue to make good money. Pac and Chino are in good hands at PBC.

We need to refrain from this PBC hate.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            Lol, it's hilarious how much you hate the guy. Trying to come up with an idiotic argument so he doesn't get paid? That's a whole new level of lame.
            boliodogs

See what I’m saying? We’ve got these ******ed GGG fans that prefer GGG on DAZN when he can have more defining fights at PBC and steal the 168 belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
              Yes but boxer’s have advisory. I’m sure GGG has been persuaded to not go to PBC for multiple reasons. GGG will make money either way.

Notice how GGG diehards simply say he’lol make more money without even referring to matchups. GGG has better and more meaningful fights at 168. The problem is Abel Sanchez, Loeffler, and the rest of DAZN, Ring, and GBP affiliations. They are throwing GGG to Canelo. Why do people want GGG vs Canelo 3? Let me guess, “money.” ******ed reasons, we boxing fans are better than that.

If people complain about fans talking about money, how does it disappear with GGG and instead they like it? My only other thought is GGG die hards are insecure of GGG losing on PBC, which I assure many that simply isn’t the case.
              Does the PBC deal give him equity in the company?

Comment

I could care less who any fighter signs with to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Does the PBC deal give him equity in the company?
                  And what would this equity package or % offered by DAZN detail, exactly?

Golovkin improves his legacy on Fox Showtime PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    I could care less who any fighter signs with to be honest
                    Really? I guess you don’t feel sorry for Rigondeaux or Walters. Their careers were handled so beautifully.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                      Really? I guess you don’t feel sorry for Rigondeaux or Walters. Their careers were handled so beautifully.
                      hard to feel sorry for people better off in life then myself man

Comment

Working...
                      X