No announcement yet.

Do people buy the AJ-Miller “beef”?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    The problem is who IS a deserving contender that hasn’t already been beat?

It goes from Aj, Fury, Wilder to basically dudes AJ has already beat or Ortiz who already got his shot at number 3 in the division. Not interested in whyte at all for example. We’ve seen it and it was a stoppage win. All that’s left is people who are undeserving.

I for one am fine with Miller getting his shot. It’s gotta happen at some point and it’s possible Miller’s stock is never going to he higher in the current landscape as an undefeated fighter. No matter who he beats outside of Aj-Wilder-Fury it’s going to seem undeserving of a title shot.

Aj wants to try his hand in America..what better than one of the “hotter” undefeated American fighters to test the waters against? Miller is a good fight for what it is imo
    I get what you’re saying, as the division is agreeably woeful atm but there were far better options.

The obvious one is Whyte, I know they’ve already fought both have improved dramatically since the first fight and Whyte has clearly earned a title shot with two impressive wins (Parker, Chisora) in 2018.
    Ortiz is also a better option, if AJ was to go out there and destroy Ortiz, that’s a real statement, considering the difficulty Wilder had against Ortiz.
    Even a guy like Pulev is a more credible opponent than Miller.

I get they now need a US opponent who can sell but the original plan was clearly not to go to America either, they’ve done this as a last resort due to their failure in negotiations with Whyte.

This Miller matchup doesn’t interest me in the slightest, it’s a mismatch, and the US debut excuse is just a cop-out.

Comment

Working...
    X