No announcement yet.

Will Wilder fight Fury on ESPN or duck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    This will come down to Haymon. Even Wilder's own manager admitting Wilder doesn't have a contract with Showtime. Admitting to something that has been reported many times now. So he has NO CONTRACT preventing him, he will make MORE money fighting on ESPN then he would of fighting on Showtime PPV for the simple fact that ESPN can push the fight and promote the fight more on their platforms which will translate to more PPV buys. Sounds like a no brainer right? But we all know this fight ain't happening because Haymon has a relationship with Showtime and now FOX and he will never want to send his arguably most attractive asset to a rival network.

So if he hasn't nothing preventing him legally, and he agrees to the same contract terms they have already negotiated just switching the networks he stands to make more money then he would of in the original rematch offer with Showtime. if he doesn't take the fight it's because Haymon prevents it more then Wilder ducking Fury.
    gaymon isn't doing his job in looking out for his fighter wilder. he's putting his relationship with showtime above wilder's interests. he works for wilder not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOOTALLCLOWNS View Post
      gaymon isn't doing his job in looking out for his fighter wilder. he's putting his relationship with showtime above wilder's interests. he works for wilder not the other way around.
      The only way I see Haymon able to sell Wilder on passing on this fight assuming ESPN offers Wilder the same contract they had with Showtime for the rematch is if he tells Wilder listen I can't let you fight on ESPN but if you pass on this fight I will land you the Joshua fight for MORE money later this year. That's the only sell because it's a hard pill to swallow losing out on this payday if all that is standing in the way is Haymon having a handshake agreement with Showtime. If there is no exclusive contract with Showtime you get your fighter the best payday. If the difference is making 10M or more or making 1-2M and you Wilder you got to be pi ssed. Especially looking around and seeing the money Joshua and now Fury are making without him.

Comment

wilder isn't tied to any network? what's stopping him from fighting on espn?
        He is under haymon and everybody knows they only fight on pbc networks. I would completely understand if fury did this before negotiations took place. But at this point they said the fight could be announced t any day now and they even had a date and vinue set up.

But then they turn around and do this. Be honest if wilder did this he would be called a ducker and a diva.

Comment

fury just fought him and won. how is that ducking? the path is still clear wilder himself said he can fight on any network!
          Yes Fury won convincingly and was lying on his back acting like he had been hit by a truck pretending to be unconscious in the 12th as a celebration for a boxing
          Wilders ears off from round 1-12

Fury also won on the scorecards was awarded Wilders strap but out of being a humble man gave it back to Wilder because of the regrets he had about his celebration in the 12th for such a flawless victory, that wasn’t the behaviour of a Champion.

I get that most people say Fury won and Wilder lost and know that it f.ucking seems like the sport can’t ever get sh.it right but this to me isn’t
          One of them because he was almost assured the victory : officially it was a draw where it Mattered and if Fury hadn’t have been dropped in the 12th he’d won on the cards even if he just lost the round so him getting the decision was right there but he let it slip away and all this nonsense of it was rigged can’t be the case this time how can the judge need Fury to get dropped in the 12th to have it a draw if he slanting
          It in Wilders favour him getting the KD in the 12th and that 2 point swing would have all that was needed and more for a Wilder win on the cards .
          he got dropped and laid lifeless still at the count of 6 could have and usually results with the fight being stopped, a rematch was what’s best to settle the score and leave no doubt

I’ve never seen fight where a guy got To take the strap off the Champ while getting KD in 9th and lying lifeless in the 12th . If you can remember please let me know

I’m a Fury fan but What seems the case to me is he feels most think especially in the UK thought he won so if he fights the rematch and he can’t box perfect for 12 theres a real chance he gets dropped again but next time the hand of god might not be there have him rise from the dead

If Wilder pulled what AJ and Fury pulled by switching platforms basically the biggest reason most fight don’t happen. he’d be crucified by the fans and media but it other fighters jumping to other platforms when they happen to have Wilder fight basically lined up with no complications, and as of right now they’ve probably killed the fight for however long switching because there hasn’t been top names fighting on platforms that aren’t their own. But it Wilder that somehow doesn’t want it
          Last edited by R_Walken; 02-18-2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            This will come down to Haymon. Even Wilder's own manager admitting Wilder doesn't have a contract with Showtime. Admitting to something that has been reported many times now. So he has NO CONTRACT preventing him, he will make MORE money fighting on ESPN then he would of fighting on Showtime PPV for the simple fact that ESPN can push the fight and promote the fight more on their platforms which will translate to more PPV buys. Sounds like a no brainer right? But we all know this fight ain't happening because Haymon has a relationship with Showtime and now FOX and he will never want to send his arguably most attractive asset to a rival network.

So if he hasn't nothing preventing him legally, and he agrees to the same contract terms they have already negotiated just switching the networks he stands to make more money then he would of in the original rematch offer with Showtime. if he doesn't take the fight it's because Haymon prevents it more then Wilder ducking Fury.
            Then what is the issue with Haymon letting it go to a purse bid rather than negotiating a deal? It seems they delayed the purse bid to make a deal. Fury signed with espn. If Haymon wins the purse bid then fury should fight on showtime, right?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Then what is the issue with Haymon letting it go to a purse bid rather than negotiating a deal? It seems they delayed the purse bid to make a deal. Fury signed with espn. If Haymon wins the purse bid then fury should fight on showtime, right?
              Of course he should but we know he won't because Arum made Fury sign a exclusive deal with ESPN so legally he probably can't. Where as Wilder has never signed any contract with Showtime there is nothing legally preventing it. Wilder and his own manager have alluded to the fact that there is no contract with Showtime.

Comment

I don't think he has the balls to fight outside of the PBC protection program

Comment

He cant duck if Fury persues the fight . Without a belt hes not a sell . Hes not a real sell anyway and the belt is the only reason hes relevant. So no ,he wont vacant any belt. that's his life line. its why he chooses to duck Joshua and fought Fury . One things for sure he doesn't want to fight anywhere buit Barclays ,the venue owned by Dibellas basically and he will have a lot of doubts if it gets taking out of the picture. He was smug bc he was counting on Barclays as an added advantage.

Comment

Arum been trying to get Wilder on ESPN even offered him lucrative deal to fight after Alabama football game Fury straight up complicated everything

It will have to be a showtime ESPN co-event which could actually help the ppv

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                      Yes Fury won convincingly and was lying on his back acting like he had been hit by a truck pretending to be unconscious in the 12th as a celebration for a boxing
                      Wilders ears off from round 1-12

Fury also won on the scorecards was awarded Wilders strap but out of being a humble man gave it back to Wilder because of the regrets he had about his celebration in the 12th for such a flawless victory, that wasn’t the behaviour of a Champion.

I get that most people say Fury won and Wilder lost and know that it f.ucking seems like the sport can’t ever get sh.it right but this to me isn’t
                      One of them because he was almost assured the victory : officially it was a draw where it Mattered and if Fury hadn’t have been dropped in the 12th he’d won on the cards even if he just lost the round so him getting the decision was right there but he let it slip away and all this nonsense of it was rigged can’t be the case this time how can the judge need Fury to get dropped in the 12th to have it a draw if he slanting
                      It in Wilders favour him getting the KD in the 12th and that 2 point swing would have all that was needed and more for a Wilder win on the cards .
                      he got dropped and laid lifeless still at the count of 6 could have and usually results with the fight being stopped, a rematch was what’s best to settle the score and leave no doubt

I’ve never seen fight where a guy got To take the strap off the Champ while getting KD in 9th and lying lifeless in the 12th . If you can remember please let me know

I’m a Fury fan but What seems the case to me is he feels most think especially in the UK thought he won so if he fights the rematch and he can’t box perfect for 12 theres a real chance he gets dropped again but next time the hand of god might not be there have him rise from the dead

If Wilder pulled what AJ and Fury pulled by switching platforms basically the biggest reason most fight don’t happen. he’d be crucified by the fans and media but it other fighters jumping to other platforms when they happen to have Wilder fight basically lined up with no complications, and as of right now they’ve probably killed the fight for however long switching because there hasn’t been top names fighting on platforms that aren’t their own. But it Wilder that somehow doesn’t want it

You forgot to mention that fury is the A side in this case so all these points you eluded to don't matter. Fury generates more interest and is viewed as the WBC champion even without a belt now. So it doesn't matter what platform he chooses to be on ,its wilders own corruption with the WBC ordering purse bids in the first place .

And yea sure you're all for Fury ,all your posts certainly suggest that ? Ha
                      Last edited by REDEEMER; 02-18-2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X