No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz Outworks a Game Rafael Rivera For Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Who is this Gary Russell guy? He retired dumb ass. Tell him quit retiring every year.
    If you don't know I can't help you. And yes, it would be better if he was more active

Comment

• Filipino Marlon Tapales beat Fernando Parra of Mexico by stoppage in supporting event.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
        Whether or not it was (and I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "stupid"), Frampton came to the US and won. LSC said he would go to Belfast and backtracked on it. He then blamed it on his dad being afraid to go over there. C'mon man, that's pretty suspect. LSC should have just manned up and said whatever the real reason is (afraid of suspect judging, money doesn't make sense, etc). Since then he's fought Mares (again), Chris Avalos and Rivera last night. He's fighting softer fights and fighting in a less exciting style.

I was a fan of El Terremoto but he's not that anymore....
        He fought in New York, a place with more people from Ireland than mexicans.

Santa Cruz never fought in Nueva York and Frampton was the favorite of the crowds

That fight was too competitive, it was a Draw at least.

Yeah, he needs another Big rival.

Comment

• it appears that santa cruz is succeeding again his fights but the question is if it carries on or takes a turn?

Comment

• Saturday’s fight didn’t carry quite the fanfare as a prime time headliner. A late replacement for an injured Miguel Flores, a match-up which was equally met with lukewarm reception during the pre-fight buildup.

Injury is part of boxing. These things happen from time to time. Gervonta Davis was crying fowl when Abner Mares backed out of the fight because of a detached retina. That's a potential career ending injury. By the time of the Injury locations are secured, tickets are sold, contracts are made. You are really at the point of no return. So replacements are found.

I personally find these fights dangerous for the A side fighter (De La Cruz). Rivera was a tough guy. Santa Cruz stayed disciplined and stuck to daddy's game plan and won. Good fight!

Comment

Working...
            X