Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: Mikey Garcia is Great Boxer, With a High Ring IQ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
    What's your prediction Tony? I say Spence within 3 rounds. Garcia stays down after the second KD or something like that.
    Yeah that sounds about right. Under 5 rounds for sure. Even if Mikey goes defensive I don't think he can get away from Spense.

Comment

Are they both under Haymon? Haymon sacrificing Mikey to Spence to get him exposure with the Mexican fan base and try and make Errol a star? I would agree if that's the case
      Mikey said he's the best of this generation, an with him beating Errol Spence makes everybody realize that. So stop blaming Spence for defending against 1 of the top 5 p4p fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jblo View Post
        Mikey said he's the best of this generation, an with him beating Errol Spence makes everybody realize that. So stop blaming Spence for defending against 1 of the top 5 p4p fighters.
        ? I like Spence. Think it is a good money/exposure fight for him.
        Think you have me confused with someone else. Although calling Mikey top 5 pfp is laughable

Comment

Oh yeah. Uh huh. Sure, Errol..

That's how bad this is. Tokenist praise from the opponent.

Anyways, this is the end of the line for Mikey.

Look how much infinitely better (even) big bro was. Mikey has been stinking up the sport. Time to go, fool.

Comment

Errol gonna beat the brakes of Mikey

Comment

? I like Spence. Think it is a good money/exposure fight for him.
              Think you have me confused with someone else. Although calling Mikey top 5 pfp is laughable
              Who's your top 5.... You said MIKEY Garcia not top 5 p4p than who is. The man has literally been walking through champ after champ since he's been back an he's done it at multiple weight classes in 2018. Who you got top 6...... EVERYBODY REPLY TO THIS TOP 6 P4P....1. Terrance Crawford 2.Mikey Garcia 3.Lomanchenko 4.canelo Alvarez 5.Errol Spence. 6.Tyson Fury

Comment

Originally posted by Jblo View Post
                Who's your top 5.... You said MIKEY Garcia not top 5 p4p than who is. The man has literally been walking through champ after champ since he's been back an he's done it at multiple weight classes in 2018. Who you got top 6...... EVERYBODY REPLY TO THIS TOP 6 P4P....1. Terrance Crawford 2.Mikey Garcia 3.Lomanchenko 4.canelo Alvarez 5.Errol Spence. 6.Tyson Fury
                I admit I don't really watch the smaller guys much, but any time I have seen Mikey fight I haven't been that impressed.

Imo Mikey has been very carefully managed and he never really faced the top dawgs at any division he has been in, you know that. But still if he was KOing guys like Broner Easter and Lipinets I would give him some credit but until he has some really impressive performances I can't really get behind him.

I give him sort of credit for his wins over Broner Easter Lipinets Zman and Martinez but none of those were impressive wins and otherwise I see nothing on his resume that is worth mentioning.

My personal P4P list based on ability (even if they don't have the resume but I think the talent is there I may put them higher than someone else)/resume/and current status (meaning someone like GGG is aging a bit so he may drop a few spots; he was basically number 1 for a while).

1: Loma (top guy at 130-135 and below)
                2: Spence (top guy at WW)
                3: GGG (thought he beat Canelo 8-4, twice) (top guy at MW)
                4: Usyk (top guy at CW)
                5: Crawford (still not completely sold on him at 147; can't put him ahead of or even that close to Spence right now) (2nd at WW)
                6: Rungvisai (top 2 of small guys)
                7: Canelo (2nd at MW)
                8: Inoue (top 2 of small guys)
                9: Lara (disagree with a few of his losses; thought Canelo beat him 7-5 though) (top guy at 154)
                10: Gervonta (I think he gets too much hate and is impressive when he fights) (second best at 130-135 behind Loma imo)
                11: Wilder/Fury/Joshua (hopefully they sort it out soon) (top 3 heavies)

As you see I have Spence very high so if Mikey does well against him I will put him in my top 10 for sure.
                Last edited by Boxing_1013; 02-18-2019, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Where was this high ring IQ when Lipinets was going upside his head.

He better not quit vs Spence.

Comment

Working...
                  X