Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Manny Pacquiao Legacy Cherry On Top

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought this was interesting timing, as we were just discussing who is considered to be ahead at this point. Boxingscene just posted this breakdown of both fighters' careers from Lyle Fitzsimmons:

https://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao...ematch--137222

OVERALL WINNER

FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR.
    There are points to make for both men. Pacquiao is a highlight-reel dynamo. Mayweather is a peerless strategist. Both will ultimately have plaques in the Hall of Fame in Canastota, N.Y. for their accomplishments.

But when the resumes and their contexts are lined up side by side, “Money” has more check marks in his column. His armload of titles is a little less broad than Pacquiao’s, but the sheer dominance of his performances against high-quality opposition from 130 to 154 trumps the lighter-weight advantages of his nemesis.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
      An active 42 yr old may? Lol...get a grip on reality my friend. No athlete can compete forever. He saw the writing on the wall, which is why he’s no longer active.
      If May were to make a serious 1 fight comeback, he'd easily outbox these champs.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        If May were to make a serious 1 fight comeback, he'd easily outbox these champs.
        He won’t, and for good reason. He knows it would be a big risk and anything but easy.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
          I think you are misunderstanding. No one is saying he needs to do more. His legacy is fine. I'm not sure why you are fishing for something to be upset about.

I was simply asking whether a victory over one of these two guys, or either, pushes his legacy above Mayweather's, being that MOST boxing aficionados agree that Mayweather is ahead of him at the moment.
          I guess I misunderstood. Sorry about that! I thought it was implying that he somehow needed a fight against one of them to seal off a legacy. But I see what you mean. I stand corrected and again, my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
            I guess I misunderstood. Sorry about that! I thought it was implying that he somehow needed a fight against one of them to seal off a legacy. But I see what you mean. I stand corrected and again, my apologies.
            No no, it's no big deal. Much respect to you!

Comment

Even if Pac defeats Shawn, Thurman, Man Down and Bud, to unify 147 at age 40...
              That only makes Floyd's W over Pac more impressive.

So, in a WW sense, Floyd is still tops.
              In P4P sense, slightly different story because they have different walking weights.
              An argument *could* be made that Pac is P4P superior to Floyd... but only an argument.

JM2P

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                Sadly theoretical fights don't count bud. It's the real fight that gets rewarded for bravery and valor for stepping up to the plate. fighting exhibition fights with non boxers don't bring out shine to someone's career especially if its a japanese midget that is 5 weight classes lower than you and is not even a boxer. So year, glory is given to the brave. They are the ones who get rewarded.

Fantasy fights that didn't happen and will not happen don't count doll. It's the brave and the bold who gets the keys to the kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by horge View Post
                  Even if Pac defeats Shawn, Thurman, Man Down and Bud, to unify 147 at age 40...
                  That only makes Floyd's W over Pac more impressive.

So, in a WW sense, Floyd is still tops.
                  In P4P sense, slightly different story because they have different walking weights.
                  An argument *could* be made that Pac is P4P superior to Floyd... but only an argument.

JM2P
                  lol you mean that fake win were in he had to run and hug and kill time to survive an offensive minded one handed Pac that too many, Pac won. Impressive?? lol..

Wakeup and smell the coffee. It was so bad and pathetic to re-watch that coward display of Floyd fighting queer that he had to issue an apology and he decided to redeem himself but later flaked out again lol

And that's with a load of IVs and being given a TUE 2 weeks after going in illegally during the fight. There's nothing to be proud of really.

Will you look at that straight from the horses mouth:

Floyd Mayweather: " I owe them for the Pacquiao fight "

LINK:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.637e6deb6c31

Last edited by Spoon23; 03-20-2019, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Even in Spain, they saw Pac winning. (@ 14:00 mark, BOXING EXPERTS AT THE END OF THE VIDEO ALL FOR PAC)

The Runner.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                      Sadly theoretical fights don't count bud. It's the real fight that gets rewarded for bravery and valor for stepping up to the plate. fighting exhibition fights with non boxers don't bring out shine to someone's career especially if its a japanese midget that is 5 weight classes lower than you and is not even a boxer. So year, glory is given to the brave. They are the ones who get rewarded.

Fantasy fights that didn't happen and will not happen don't count doll. It's the brave and the bold who gets the keys to the kingdom.
                      I agreed with you even before you quoted me.....when I typed ''If''...

Comment

Working...
                      X