No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Badou Jack To Launch Promotional Company

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Badou Jack To Launch Promotional Company

Two-division world champion and philanthropist Badou Jack has officially launched Badou Jack Promotions and Events LLC in the United Arab Emirates, as he continues to grow his portfolio of ventures outside of the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

At this rate every retired boxer is going to end up starting a promotional company!

Comment

Smart to focus on a new market like Dubai.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
        At this rate every retired boxer is going to end up starting a promotional company!
        There's a reason why many of Haymon's clients don't sign to a promoter. They are pretty much co-promoting their own fights and keeping more money. That's what promoters like GB, Hearn and Arum can't stand and always take blame Haymon. These promoters can't make money off them the way they do with the fighters signed to their promotional companies.

Comment

Good for them! Fighters are quite a lot more business savvy than they used to be. I love hearing that these guys are doing what they can to make more money off their own names.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
            Good for them! Fighters are quite a lot more business savvy than they used to be. I love hearing that these guys are doing what they can to make more money off their own names.
            That's what Arum, Hearn and Oscar hate. They hate and blame Haymon for opening the fighters eyes to this.

Comment

Good for Jack!

Comment

They should. Why waste money on the middle man? Glad he's starting in a small market.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  There's a reason why many of Haymon's clients don't sign to a promoter. They are pretty much co-promoting their own fights and keeping more money. That's what promoters like GB, Hearn and Arum can't stand and always take blame Haymon. These promoters can't make money off them the way they do with the fighters signed to their promotional companies.
                  You really think all these fighters are keeping more money just cause they make up some bullshet company like Badua Jack promotions, About Billions promotions, Lions only promotions and all them bullshet promotion companies that every fighter wants to have now???
                  If that's the case then why is Al Haymon still using Dibella, Ringstar, Mayweather, TGB promotions and so on... ??
                  I hope fighters do make more money by having their own promotion companies but I just don't believe they are. They aren't booking the arenas themselves, they aren't in charge of paying for judges, referees, doctors, ambulances, security, ect.....
                  Like I said, they just make up some bullshet promotion company and throw the name around but I don't believe they are making any money from the promotion side of a fight.
                  Every fight that gets made under PBC has either Mayweather, TGB, Ringstar, or Dibella promotions and they the ones getting paid for being the promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                    You really think all these fighters are keeping more money just cause they make up some bullshet company like Badua Jack promotions, About Billions promotions, Lions only promotions and all them bullshet promotion companies that every fighter wants to have now???
                    If that's the case then why is Al Haymon still using Dibella, Ringstar, Mayweather, TGB promotions and so on... ??
                    I hope fighters do make more money by having their own promotion companies but I just don't believe they are. They aren't booking the arenas themselves, they aren't in charge of paying for judges, referees, doctors, ambulances, security, ect.....
                    Like I said, they just make up some bullshet promotion company and throw the name around but I don't believe they are making any money from the promotion side of a fight.
                    Every fight that gets made under PBC has either Mayweather, TGB, Ringstar, or Dibella promotions and they the ones getting paid for being the promoters.
                    so why would a lot of boxers start their own promotional company if not to get a bit more slice of the cake? They cant be copying each other just for the sake of it. there is a monitory logic to it otherwise they won't do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X