Joshua vs. Miller - who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua vs. Miller - who wins?

Has this thread not been made?

I do have questions about AJ's stamina and so on, but having watched a few Miller fights I'm not convinced he's regarded as anything other than an opportunity for a highlight reel KO to sell to the US public.

He moves like he's Carl Froch with one foot in a bear trap, and the other in quicksand.

When I watched him, I had to rub my eyes and check I was still watching boxing - the daft cunt was so slow-footed I thought I'd accidentally switched over to Night of the Living Dead.

With all said, this SHOULD be a relatively easy night for Joshua, with an opponent that stylistically defines "tailor made"... but what do you guys think?
    AJ by KO
    76.19%
    AJ - points
    11.90%
    Draw
    2.38%
    Miller - points
    0.00%
    Miller - KO
    9.52%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by !! Anorak; 02-14-2019, 11:39 AM.

Its been discussed in like 60% of the threads on here. AJ by KO as Big Baby is pretty easy to hit coming forward. However, if he can get close and smother AJ's power and outwork AJ it could get interesting if it goes deep

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
      Its been discussed in like 60% of the threads on here. AJ by KO as Big Baby is pretty easy to hit coming forward. However, if he can get close and smother AJ's power and outwork AJ it could get interesting if it goes deep
      But has there been a poll thread though, cunt?

Comment

Genuinely think Miller would be tough out for anyone except the top3 at heavy.

Pulev, Povetkin and Ortiz are the only ones with skill in the top 10 and they are all on the verge of getting bus passes. I think Miller beats Whyte. At 300lbs he is surprisingly flexible and has decent hand speed, plus averages 60 odd punches around which is good for any HW let alone a lump like him. His feet are crazy slow but he uses them well to put steady pressure on. If you cant hurt him, it could be a long night.

Against the top 3 he will lose comfortably though. Wilder and Joshua punch too hard and he wouldnt get close to Fury when he weighed 350lbs let alone now.

I think its an ok opponent. The bigger issue for me is that Joshua is only fighting twice a year and at that activity rate he cant afford to be fighting lower top 10 guys.

Comment

On paper AJ should win by points or late stoppage, but AJ is the HW version of Canelo in that his ballwashers don't acknowledge his flaws as a fighter and focus on his record and hype.

AJ has many things to be exploited, his movement, low ring IQ, telegraphed punches, predictable acumen, inability to make sound adjustments in trouble...I like Miller's chances of an upset if he can stay inside, stay focused, and work that body early and non stop. Miller can bang, and he can use his size in his favor, making AJ uncomfortable and forcing him to fight it out inside, and off the backfoot, neither of which AJ does particularly well.

While it's still a far cry from the mega fight Wilder/Fury II, it will do for a night of boxing, if you have nothing better to do, need something to distract yourself in between fap sessions, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            While it's still a far cry from the mega fight Wilder/Fury II, it will do for a night of boxing, if you have nothing better to do, need something to distract yourself in between fap sessions, etc. [/COLOR][/FONT]
            This IS a fap session.. Joshua's a good looking guy.

No homo.

Comment

I think AJ wins a UD. But the scores won’t tell the whole story. This will be a very hard, testing and grueling assignment. Miller has a legit shot to win. AJ will have to dig deep and really rock Miller. I’ve seen Miller take a left roundhouse kick right to the face from Mirko CroCop and walk through it. It’s a very interesting match up because AJ doesn’t box on his toes. But he’ll have to be crafty and set up traps and really work on and follow through whatever game plan he decides to put into use.

Comment

If Miller comes in good shape and in a proper mindset, I could see him giving Joshua some trouble early on. If he can take Joshua's power. However, I think Miller's physical conditioning will be his downfall, as he'll tire and continue to get cracked coming in with shots. Joshua will just time him once he gasses. I think this is the outcome even if Miller comes in shape because physical conditioning of the type required for a 12 round war with Joshua is not something that one gets just by slimming down a bit. Since I don't like Joshua for ducking Wilder, I'll be hoping Miller puts on the fight of his life and lives up to his talk, but I've seen this story in boxing too many times. Most recently with Broner. Usually, fights like these end in predictable fashion. Big Baby's tailor-made for Joshua, which I'm sure is no coincidence.

Comment

Miller will eat AJ's best shots and AJ will get frustrated and tired.

Second half will be AJ in retreat while Miller fails to significantly hurt him.

AJ by robbery in a boring 12-rounder, followed by an Eddie Hearn speech bragging that AJ is the new Mike Tyson.

Comment

The dish knocks him out. Hes a step down from povetkin.

Comment

Working...
                    X