Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Fight Will Sell Out Quicker AJ vs BB or Wilder vs Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on how they price the fights

But I’d think Wilder /Fury , Wilders already a draw there it’s a anticipated rematch and you have to consider that the Barclays holds about 17k while the Garden holds about 20

It’ll be interesting to see how AJ fares as a attraction in NY because Miller isn’t bringing that many people to the venue and if it’s 2 weeks after Wilder /Fury it might hurt sales plus Matchroom doesn’t really have a solid record as far as putting on shows in NY. Be interesting to see what AJ can do there

Comment

It should be Wilder/Fury. It's a good fight and the first one was fun.

I have no idea though, I'm not even sure the difference in seating numbers between the 2 places.

Comment

Gunna depend on travelling Brits for Joshua. Ticket prices are pretty ****ing outrageous though

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
          Plus they're supposedly coming of the hype of the first one, so it would make sense.

Only way AJ could sell quicker is if his British popularity crosses the Atlantic really well.
          I'm not convinced that too many Brits are going to be tempted across the Atlantic by this fight

Joshua v wilder in Vegas for all the marbles would be different . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Gunna depend on travelling Brits for Joshua. Ticket prices are pretty ****ing outrageous though

Crazy, that's more than double the Canelo vs Fielding ticket prices. I'm suprised and its a massive gamble by Hearn, would be an amazing feat if AJ could come close to selling out at those prices.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
              I'm not convinced that too many Brits are going to be tempted across the Atlantic by this fight

Joshua v wilder in Vegas for all the marbles would be different . . .
              I wouldn't be surprised if people used it for an excuse to see New York as well though.

Comment

Fury vs Wilder is a bigger fight for sure, much anticipated rematch plus if the prices for the rematch are the same as the first fight tickets will be cheaper than AJ vs BB.. But despite all of that, I have a feeling AJ will sell out a lot quicker! And that is considering the sky rocket prices!! I had a look on the travel package and it starts at $3,000 all the way upto $15,000.

Hotel prices for the week have also sky rocketed that week in NY so whichever fight the British fans go to.. it will not be cheap.

Fury vs Wilder still had thousands of tickets available on the week of the fight.. It should sell quicker now that it supposed to happen in NY (Rumored).
                Last edited by NahMean; 02-14-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

AJ vs Big Baby will probably sell quicker, he is a bigger star than others.

Comment

It's maybe worth noting that AJ is reputedly getting more fighting Miller than Fury and Wilder got combined for their first fight.

While I personally believe that boxing should be about legacy and the best fighting the best, the narrative of "AJ left out in the cold" isn't quite the truth.

Comment

Well one has been announced before the other, thats gotta help AJ-Miller

Comment

Working...
                      X