Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Loma Fought Davis' Leftovers and Went Distance!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make the fight Floyd Pacquio stopped Cotto yet you went the distance with him so WTF is that. You know Lomachenko would box his ears off . Being a Master Cherry picker you want to wait till Loma is beaten by someone else or gets old knowing Tank is young we are on to you Floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
      Soto Karass is better than Floyd because he stopped Berto.

Floyd`s logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
        This community has consistenty downplayed Salido's win over Lomachencko. If Lomachencko at that late stage of his career was not ready to step up and fight someone on that level, how can you expect Davis, as young and inexperienced as he is, to fight the man most are claiming is the best fighter in the world? I'm with Floyd. He Davis' promoter, not Loma's. Floyd doesn't have to rush his fighter into anything just because Loma is old and needs the scalps
        Just like with any other fighter people pick and choose who needs to step in competition. Remember people criticizing canelo saying he wouldn’t fight lara or trout back when he was only 22? Yet, people defend other fighters who can be 25 years old and haven’t really stepped up. This is how boxing fans are, never making sense. That being said i think davis is really skilled and I would like to see davis take on one of the other champs at 130lbs

Comment

• davis is talented but, imo i don't see him being this elite fighter in the years to come.

very curious to see what this kid chin and heart is like once it gets tested.

Comment

• what the heck does Mayweather know about leftovers??

Comment

• Absolutely zero agenda with me

Both are class fighters ... Davies is exciting raw talent but I believe lomo is one of the best fighters of our generation

Would be a great fight for sure ... sign me up

Comment

• Originally posted by DaFan View Post
                Wasn't Victor Ortiz undefeated too?
                come on man, ortiz is world famous for quitting vs el chino. everyone knows that

Comment

• Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                  If hes insinuating that tank is a better figter because he stopped pedraza then why not fight lomachenko. That would boost tanks profile pretty quick
                  If he feels Davis is the top fighter then he needs to fight the top fighter. If they afraid of Loma then fight the top fighter in your division Berchelt. But honestly dont fight no PBC bum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    Loma is getting the Golovkin treatment. His hardcore fans are more eager for smaller guys to move up and fight him than they are for him to move up and fight bigger guys. David vs Loma would be a good scrap, but it doesn't have to happen asap.
                    Loma is in his 3rd weight class. What looks to be his ceiling, he's moved up a faced guys at the top of the division.
                    No one wants smaller guys to move up to face him, people are hoping for him against Garcia. A bigger guy.
                    People weren't thrilled with Marraiga, some even Rigo and voiced that.

If he was to face a guy from 130, people would want Berchelt not Davis, I'd imagine at least.
                    Until Davis sorts himself out I don't think there's that much interest in him either way. The only people who talk Loma/Davis is Mayweather's team when they want to use Loma's name. (Although I know they was asked this time).

Fighting smaller guys seems to have become a Davis' thing anyway. Not only does he struggle to make weight, but his last 2 fights were against a guy (Ruiz) who has fought at the 126 limit once and the 122 limit a handful of times.
                    Cuellar, who was moving up a division. And the proposed fight with Mares, another guy moving up a division to fight Davis.

While he's doing that, while not being too active and not taking any risks, people are going to quite rightly laugh at Mayweather's 'Leftovers' talk.
                    Last edited by Chrismart; 02-10-2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      Loma is in his 3rd weight class. What looks to be his ceiling, he's moved up a faced guys at the top of the division.
                      No one wants smaller guys to move up to face him, people are hoping for him against Garcia. A bigger guy.
                      People weren't thrilled with Marraiga, some even Rigo and voiced that.

If he was to face a guy from 130, people would want Berchelt not Davis, I'd imagine at least.
                      Until Davis sorts himself out I don't think there's that much interest in him either way. The only people who talk Loma/Davis is Mayweather's team when they want to use Loma's name. (Although I know they was asked this time).

Fighting smaller guys seems to have become a Davis' thing anyway. Not only does he struggle to make weight, but his last 2 fights were against a guy (Ruiz) who has fought at the 126 limit once and the 122 limit a handful of times.
                      Cuellar, who was moving up a division. And the proposed fight with Mares, another guy moving up a division to fight Davis.

While he's doing that, while not being too active and not taking any risks, people are going to quite rightly laugh at Mayweather's 'Leftovers' talk.
                      A lot of what you said is out of context. You will not see a Davis article without a mention of Loma. Some think it's a good scrap others hope that Loma beats Davis because he is promoted my Mayweather. As far as Mayweather and the leftover response...it was just that, a response to a question. It was his way of saying although we aren't about to fight Loma, we do think our guy is better, based on how easily Davis beat Pedraza.

Now Davis needs to be active and beat his 130 contemporaries. However I don't see him talking as much trash as his fans do. So I'm willing to wait and see what he does in 2019.

Comment

Working...
                      X