No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Set To Bank Career-High Purse in Miller Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
    I don’t know about back out but as a AJ fan hearing him say those words was like finding out you were not the first person to F#uck your Mrs up the arse

AJ should have just said “Wilder is dangerous as The A side I want home court advantage. I’ve worked for it” I can accept that. But now I have to fly to the states to see him fight a fat eating cheese burger mammal
    Second favorite quote was “if you wanna see a fight with wilder you lace up gloves and box him” telling that to his fans

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      He earned an alleged £20m on the Povetkin fight, and is now assumed to be getting £25m for this Miller fight.

Deontay Wilder's camp was set to pay Joshua just under £35.75m for his guarantee on the first fight in the Fall, with basically £21.5m as his guarantee on the rematch (which would've likely happened this Winter), with Joshua likely able to get another fight (hindsight, this may have been the Fury fight) as undisputed champion before June.

£45m in ten months versus at least £57m over less time (with a third fight having the chance to push the haul to over at least £80m for a year's work)

What's shrewd about leaving half of your money on the table?
      I love how you ignored the second part of his point. We saw what happened to fury when he went to America so in hindsight it looks like a shrewd move. The same way wilder rejecting the flat fee is seen as a shrewd move despite making less against fury.

Comment

• Joshua left out in the cold doe. Fury and Wilder making big money doe. Hearn and Joshua got outsmarted doe.

Joshua alone is getting paid a lot more than Wilder-Fury made combined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
          I love how you ignored the second part of his point. We saw what happened to fury when he went to America so in hindsight it looks like a shrewd move. The same way wilder rejecting the flat fee is seen as a shrewd move despite making less against fury.
          If Wilder took an L like he should have how shrewd would Wilders move have looked? He's only in this position through robbery/luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
            You haven't actually answered the question though.

Where was the contract? Wilder fans always go on about "the money was real", but never address the fact that a contract and a meeting was requested but neither were provided.

It's not in dispute that the money was real (although in actual fact a lot of it was apparently stumped up by BT Sport, which would have meant that Joshua would have been in breach of Contract with Sky if he had accepted the offer)
            I do not know where the contract was.

You say Wilder fans go on about the money being real, but EDDIE HEARN said the money was real and also said he would not take the deal despite the money being real.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              I don't think Americans, overall, make a big deal out of the number of belts you have. Likely because they have seen so many fighters have belts but not be that good or appealing or fighters who were really good and crowd pleasing not have belts. It could be for them more about the match up or the impact of the fight. Say Miller wins...well he still has to fight Wilder they would say. Its like they don't know him so they don't care what belts has.
              So what your saying is he would have to beat both champions to gain a fan base

Fickle bunch you lot

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                If Wilder took an L like he should have how shrewd would Wilders move have looked? He's only in this position through robbery/luck.
                Very true. Outside of fury and aj wilder won’t fight on ppv anyway but they don’t want to hear that

Comment

• this thread became official from a tabloid source?

Comment

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
                    No.

Hearn was never sent a contract. How is "complete control" meant to be given to any party without a contract which demonstrates that?

Hearn didn't back out of anything, because there was nothing to back out of. There was a notion of $50m, but no contract to back it up.

Lol. Man this is crazy.

Hearn would not accept the TERMS that fame w the 50 million. It’s like buying a house. Before you wrote up and sign a contract you and the seller first need to agree on terms. IF you can not verbally agree to those terms whether it be cost, repairs, keeping appliances, etc.. if the TERMS CAN NOT BE AGREED UPON then there is no need for a contract.

Eddies excuse after the offer of 50 mil was made and declined has not been “where is the contract?”. That is something you guys are throwing out there to defend him, but he himself isn’t even saying that himself. He isn’t even asking for 50 million anymore now that that bluff has been called. At first it was the fight isn’t worth 50 mil. If they offer 50 mil we will sign tomorrow. He was offered it. He confirmed it as legit. And he declined the money because of terms. Not because of a lack of contract.

Comment

• It is extremely cringey to watch the way you are cheerleading

Comment

Working...
                      X