Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will respect GGG and his career IF....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    I don't have a preference. I'm serious it's up to him. I guess the two guys I'd like to see him fight are Canelo again if he wants to and Callum Smith. If he decides to retire that's OK too. He's already beat Jacobs. I don't consider Charlo a real challenge. If those fights don't happen I promise I won't jump off a cliff. LOL.. BJS would be interesting. At his age he I think he only has two more fights at a high level left. After that he should retire.
    Golovkin hasn't been through too many wars. Pacquiao has received significantly more damage than GGG.

I think many GGG fans don't want GGG's resume to maybe downgrade should he lose here forward. To say GGG looks worse later in his years is a cop out. It only seems that way because he fought elite level competition. Some guys here will even say Jacobs isn't A level, but I feel he is, A - B+.

Nevertheless, the real reason why he has looked horrid is not because of his age or wear and tear. It's something that many GGG fans haven't admitted, especially when GGG has been sweating profusely at pressers. It's because he can't do 160 comfortably anymore. The whole brigade to say he is in top form even from the 30 day weigh in trickery in that boxers can easily drain just to supplement those headlines for safety and promotional sake. That happens. Also, GGG has always fought 3 times a year, that's every boxer's dream, to be in shape, that's what gave GGG the edge to compete at 160.

But don't fret, my point gets better for you GGG fans, and I've said this many times, GGG's power is at 168 and he'll perform a lot better. FFs, the kid and his team were babbling about 154-168 comfort LONG AGO. 154 sailed, but 168 was always there, so much that Abel Sanchez even said 175 against Kovalev. Now why would a trainer say that? Because he knows GGG's real walk around weight, and we've seen GGG hit pads on the off season like a freight train slamming a wall. There's good reason why GGG was in pics overweight toppling over 200lbs like BJS's physique.

Point is, don't worry, GGG will be good up until 40. His defense is A+ elite level.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      --- No need to fight the newly exposed Charlo sissies and prissy Andrade any more than Golovkin needs to answer to the soft lads calling themselves boxing fannies.

Done quite alright for himself if he retires tomorrow... End of...
      Milk tea. Dental plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        I'm speechless......
        You are without speech. Indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
          Golovkin hasn't been through too many wars. Pacquiao has received significantly more damage than GGG.

I think many GGG fans don't want GGG's resume to maybe downgrade should he lose here forward. To say GGG looks worse later in his years is a cop out. It only seems that way because he fought elite level competition. Some guys here will even say Jacobs isn't A level, but I feel he is, A - B+.

Nevertheless, the real reason why he has looked horrid is not because of his age or wear and tear. It's something that many GGG fans haven't admitted, especially when GGG has been sweating profusely at pressers. It's because he can't do 160 comfortably anymore. The whole brigade to say he is in top form even from the 30 day weigh in trickery in that boxers can easily drain just to supplement those headlines for safety and promotional sake. That happens. Also, GGG has always fought 3 times a year, that's every boxer's dream, to be in shape, that's what gave GGG the edge to compete at 160.

But don't fret, my point gets better for you GGG fans, and I've said this many times, GGG's power is at 168 and he'll perform a lot better. FFs, the kid and his team were babbling about 154-168 comfort LONG AGO. 154 sailed, but 168 was always there, so much that Abel Sanchez even said 175 against Kovalev. Now why would a trainer say that? Because he knows GGG's real walk around weight, and we've seen GGG hit pads on the off season like a freight train slamming a wall. There's good reason why GGG was in pics overweight toppling over 200lbs like BJS's physique.

Point is, don't worry, GGG will be good up until 40. His defense is A+ elite level.
          Pacquiao is foolish to be fighting at age 40 for the exact reason you mentioned. He has taken a lot of punches in a lot of fights. Listen to Tommy Hearns talk one of my favorite fighters all time. Slurring his words. I have a feeling of dread before I listen to a video clip of him thinking is he going to be worse. Its difficult listening to someone you admire slurring their words. He should have quit long ago. Joe Louis one if the greatest fighters ever was broken by too many fights. Some guys can get away with it but they are the exception.

Exactly how has Golovkin looked horrid. He was in some competitive fights against the top guys in his division and IMO won all three. Even taking the results at face value it's still impressive. Golovkin is getting older. He's not quite as quick as he was several years ago.Yeah moving up in weight might increase his power but it won't
          automagically turn the clock back. If he loses he loses, it's all part of being a boxer but he should actually lose the fight not get the short end of a poor decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
            Come on man, I gave you your $1.50 already. Now get on them hands and knees and scrub boy, before I mop the toilet with your head!
            LOL! Obviously we know you’re lying because $1.50 is $1.00 more than you have to your name. Not counting your EBT card of course.

You’re out of your league chump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post

I don’t agree with some of this but it is a solid post. Deserves a proper rebuttal. When I have a focused few minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                nope

1-3, 7

FACT: boxing is all about matchmaking

FACT: matchmaking is all about styles

FACT: his team know Golovkin's strengths, and they know his limitations..... here is Sanchez admitting that Golovkin is not the same fighter unless his opponent stands in front of him.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7c3-WVfa gM
                (remove space)

if Golovkin can land on you, he WILL break you down..... nobody is going to absorb that punishment..... so they simply matched him against opponents who he WILL land on, regularly

knowledgeable insiders within the boxing world have been aware that movement is the key to defusing a puncher since Corbett did it to Sullivan about 120 years ago.....

he obviously avoided the mover/spoilers, even if the casuals either..... don't know, or pretend not to notice

THAT, is why we got half-a-dozen silly excuses to avoid Sergio Mora - a known mover/spoiler who is notoriously difficult to look good against..... before Golovkin quickly ran off to fight an unknown punching bag

THAT, is why we had nothing but excuses for the last 6 years lol

THAT, is why they refused to consider Ward/Lara

THAT, is why they had THREE chances to fight Saunders, including one that would have prevented Golovkin from being stripped by the IBF..... but he passed on all of them, despite the fact that Saunders was running around with the last piece of the middleweight puzzle

THAT, is why Golovkin did not face a skilled fighter with excellent movement/distance control, until the WBA ordered him to fight Jacobs..... and that is why they did everything they could to kill that fight, stalling for so long that it cost them a fight date

you guys ignore all of the obvious, because you NEED Golovkin to be great

ridiculous

4, 5

listen, there is nothing to debate here.....

a few months after refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto and Canelo, Golovkin threw up his hands in frustration and claimed that he was willing and able to fight at 154, but nobody would step up.....

FACT: Golovkin could have fought Cotto and Canelo, but he CHOSE not to

Golovkin would have got that fight at 157, same as Geale..... maybe even 158, and he agreed to fight Rosado at 158 lol

why was Golovkin willing to fight Rosado at catchweight, for pennies..... but not Cotto, for MILLIONS ?????

GTFOH with that nonsense

Derevyanchenko was a 10-fight rookie

Jacobs had no problem fighting Derevyanchenko

look, if you are happy with Golovkin giving up his title..... fine

but the very second that Saunders said he was available for June, nobody else should have been mentioned..... not Munguia, not Spike, and certainly not Vanes LMAO

there was no guarantee Canelo would even be available in September at that point..... they should have fought Saunders, instead of avoiding both of those difficult fights and getting stripped by the IBF

that could only be described as a meek surrender, and yet you guys are making out like Golovkin should be applauded for making a smart business decision..... which is not way boxing fans usually feel when their fighter avoids a threat

it is certainly not the way you guys felt when Canelo vacated

Despite the fact the WBC guaranteed the winner a shot at Canelo, Golovkin said that fight..... "made no sense"

you can make whatever you want of that
                You know just because you capitalize the word Fact and Bold it doesn’t actually make it a Fact.

But besides that your multiple posts containing raw hatred , distorted facts and a clear biased opinion convinced me that a fighter who won junior World Championships , World Championships a Olympic Silver Medal and had something like a record of 350 wins against 5 Losses, who went pro with no buzz or fanfare and spent years in obscurity whos promoter was more interested in protecting their own Cash Cow then moving his career in the right direction and didn’t get his big break until he was 30 and brought with him no fans and didn’t come from a boxing hotbed in a few short years became one of the sports most popular and marketable fighters , who as a foreigner could sell out venues Coast to Coast be recognized as the best in his division, in the P4P discussions , widely accepted that he was avoided by any MW with any clout for years and at one point was the sports longest reigning World Champion and when it’s all said and done will be in the HOF

None of that matters because the truth is he is the sports biggest fraud who bamboozled the public and in fact was essentially just a b.itch made f.aggot and the one swerving , ducking , dodging any fighter with a pulse and who avoided everyone including Sergio Mora( And let’s keep it 100 if he actually did fight Mora , The criticism of his weak resume suddenly wouldn’t hold much weight because he’d have Sergio f.uckin Mora on his resume so how could you sh.it on that it instantly flip it from weak to a tough as f.uck CV ) He’s such a b.itch That he decided to pursue a 8 figure payday setting him and his family up for life instead of fighting A unknown fighter for literally 1/20 of the $ or fight Saunders because Saunders said he was ready and be expected to either forgo a 8 figure payday or fight Canelo 9-11 weeks after a Saunders fight . because unlike every other boxer it’s not about maximizing revenue the name of the game is about pleasing a couple haters on a Boxing Message board.

Thanks for clearing it all up, Man was I wrong
                Last edited by R_Walken; 02-09-2019, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                  LOL! Obviously we know you’re lying because $1.50 is $1.00 more than you have to your name. Not counting your EBT card of course.

You’re out of your league chump.
                  Who's "We"? This is between me and your $1.50 dirty toilet scrubbing smelly ass. You got more toilet cleaners with you? Why "we"?

Comment

• agianst top opponents, GGG has a 1-1-1 record.

So you can see the reason why he fought bums so long. If he'd been facing top opposition ever since 2010 then his dozen fights since then would be a projected 6 wins, 6 draws, 6 losses.

The record of a decent journeyman.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      Golovkin fans seem to have extremely low standards and expectations from their fighter LMAO

Golovkin's career is..... average, at best

who cares about bullshlt interim title defences against scrubs

seriously

just like with EVERYONE else, it comes down to one thing.....

WHO did he beat, with consideration given to when/how

#average
                      He beat all the top Middleweights in his division. Saunders avoided Golovkin until he saw an opportunity to generate some publicity.
                      Last edited by TonyGe; 02-09-2019, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X