No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Top Rank On ESPN 2/2 Double Peaks At 1.022 Million Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Imagine how many more people would watch if they didn't switch back and forth between ESPN and +
    Originally posted by Bad Bart View Post
    Exactly, they couldn't have made it anymore confusing and nothing on the broadcast did anything to make it any clearer.
    I agree with phenom and bad bart. They just should've had the whole card on ESPN.

The fights were great but the card lost steam because the early KO win made espn have to use a lot of filler instead of just putting on the next fight.

Comment

That’s more impressive than PBC Fox numbers.
      Anyone can turn on their TV and whatch Fox.
      ESPN is a pay for cable channel when cable subscriptions are dwindling and ESPN+ is behind a paywall. Good overall numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        they already have over 2million subscribers on espn+
        My comment is specific to boxing and the app bro.

If true... how many of the 2 million are boxing fans? And if the app sales are profitable why didn’t they share the app numbers? That insenuates that 1.1 million were watching the undercards yet for the main event on Plus, the numbers are to low. And even if 1/10th of ESPN Plus’s user base tuned in (200K), at 5.99 per month they only generated 1.2 million for a Main Event title fight?

If they just lowered the price of a PPV to 29.95 they would do the same amount and still get 6 million.

This is the problem, they are baiting us in to get on the App and grime there they would need to have special event pricing to meet margins. This is failing for boxing bro...

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Imagine how many more people would watch if they didn't switch back and forth between ESPN and +

Exactly

Well said

Fughin hate this bullchit streaming crap

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post

If true... how many of the 2 million are boxing fans? And if the app sales are profitable why didn’t they share the app numbers? That insenuates that 1.1 million were watching the undercards yet for the main event on Plus, the numbers are to low. And even if 1/10th of ESPN Plus’s user base tuned in (200K), at 5.99 per month they only generated 1.2 million for a Main Event title fight?

If they just lowered the price of a PPV to 29.95 they would do the same amount and still get 6 million.

This is the problem, they are baiting us in to get on the App and grime there they would need to have special event pricing to meet margins. This is failing for boxing bro...

Your absolutely right
            Don’t give a chit what they say but by not showing the numbers for the stream indicates it wasn’t all good
            And yes very confusing for the casual ( pretty sure quite a few people must of said screw it ) , just watched what was on cable meaning ESPN

I thought the split broadcast was very fughin

Comment

damn u are all over the place. First the app is $4.99 not 5.99. Or be like me and pay 49.99 a year and have 30 boxing cards plus ufc mlb nhl original programming etc for a year. Just skip a Spence vs Mikey card and u get all that plus save $20.

They have never released individual numbers for individual events on the app. Not the have said that combstbsports (boxing and mma) are the largest driver of the app.

Me I would rather skip one mediocre ppv and pay for 30 fights a year and ufc and other programming for cheaper for a whole year. I bought Pac-Broner and will get Crawford Khan and Wilder-Fury two. But I skip Spence vs mikey and get way more **** for my buck.

Comment

it started late as foook. ESPN is d1cking around with the programming. I remember having to catch one of the Loma fights at like 12am and then I think it switched to espn2, like out of nowhere. I didn't know whether this shiet was going to be on espn or plus. I can't believe they're still making the same mistakes after so many months.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  Your absolutely right
                  Don’t give a chit what they say but by not showing the numbers for the stream indicates it wasn’t all good
                  And yes very confusing for the casual ( pretty sure quite a few people must of said screw it ) , just watched what was on cable meaning ESPN

I thought the split broadcast was very fughin
                  My broski, so glad to find another logical mind on here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    damn u are all over the place. First the app is $4.99 not 5.99. Or be like me and pay 49.99 a year and have 30 boxing cards plus ufc mlb nhl original programming etc for a year. Just skip a Spence vs Mikey card and u get all that plus save $20.

They have never released individual numbers for individual events on the app. Not the have said that combstbsports (boxing and mma) are the largest driver of the app.

Me I would rather skip one mediocre ppv and pay for 30 fights a year and ufc and other programming for cheaper for a whole year. I bought Pac-Broner and will get Crawford Khan and Wilder-Fury two. But I skip Spence vs mikey and get way more **** for my buck.
                    killaCali... if it’s 4.99 that makes my argument stronger. Thanks for the help.

Point is the model in current form is not substainable. You can’t pay for two great fighters and a dope undercard long term with this money unless you can bring in outside advertising.

And if the webcast has commercials and or they start charging more why did I just leave TV? ESPN Plus gives you UFC, Boxing and sports. Cable was giving you boxing, UFC, NBA,MLB, NFL all college sports, movies, comedy’s, sitcoms, documentaries, reality tv ****, music etc...WTF They are walking you backwards. Your gains are short term. Now you have to get apps for the other *****.

Do the numbers bro, 4.99 x 200k in viewers does not make more profit than that same PPV. So the price will go up once the market is solidified. And at that point your options just got smaller.

The other problem is it’s a barrier to preventing great matches from happening. Ever app takes us away from knowing who the best in the world is. Why... because no one App will ever own the entire market. It’s too easy to set up an app. Every promoter would have one so fights become less and less meaningful as all are In House. Yes I am all over the place because I am brilliant bro. Keep up my dude.

Comment

killaCali... if it’s 4.99 that makes my argument stronger. Thanks for the help.

Point is the model in current form is not substainable. You can’t pay for two great fighters and a dope undercard long term with this money unless you can bring in outside advertising.

And if the webcast has commercials and or they start charging more why did I just leave TV? ESPN Plus gives you UFC, Boxing and sports. Cable was giving you boxing, UFC, NBA,MLB, NFL all college sports, movies, comedy’s, sitcoms, documentaries, reality tv ****, music etc...WTF They are walking you backwards. Your gains are short term. Now you have to get apps for the other *****.

Do the numbers bro, 4.99 x 200k in viewers does not make more profit than that same PPV. So the price will go up once the market is solidified. And at that point your options just got smaller.

The other problem is it’s a barrier to preventing great matches from happening. Ever app takes us away from knowing who the best in the world is. Why... because no one App will ever own the entire market. It’s too easy to set up an app. Every promoter would have one so fights become less and less meaningful as all are In House. Yes I am all over the place because I am brilliant bro. Keep up my dude.
                      lol. There are commercials in espn+ App.

Showtime charges 8.99 a month with NO commercials and is sustainable.

Espn+ has hit 2 mil viewers and is growing. It is going to be fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X