Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Says He Will Face Jose Pedraza Later This Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Says He Will Face Jose Pedraza Later This Year

Teofimo Lopez (11-0) has big plans for 2019. The highly touted prospect turned contender first takes on former two time title challenger Diego Magdaleno (31-2) Saturday night in Frisco, Texas. The fight will open up an ESPN+ card that is headlined by the Eleider Alvarez-Sergey Kovalev light heavyweight rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It will interesting to compare Lopez' performance against Pedraza to Lomachenko's.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      It will interesting to compare Lopez' performance against Pedraza to Lomachenko's.
      Yeah cuz he's trying to fight l0m0. I wonder if bob will let it happen..If the kid wants it then let him.

Comment

"I know that me and (Jose) Pedraza are fighting sometime down the line this year. That's a fight that is going to happen. I don't know if it is going to be during the Puerto Rican parade (in June) or December or whatever they got in mind." - Teofimo Lopez

Do it in June! That would be perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Yeah cuz he's trying to fight l0m0. I wonder if bob will let it happen..If the kid wants it then let him.
          January 30, 2019:

There's no doubt that Top Rank believes that Lopez will soon become one of the pillars of their company alongside the likes of Terence Crawford and Lomachenko. And with the insistence of Lopez's father -- who is as confident as his son is talented -- they will be put on the fast track.

"Sure," Arum said. "They have to decide whether he is going to fight at 135 or fight at 140. If he fights at 140, (a fight) against Jose Ramirez could be a major, major fight. If he stays at 135, then I'd like him to fight (Jose) Pedraza and if he's good with Pedraza, then fight Lomachenko. All in this year, or the beginning of next year."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...akeover-begins

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            January 30, 2019:

There's no doubt that Top Rank believes that Lopez will soon become one of the pillars of their company alongside the likes of Terence Crawford and Lomachenko. And with the insistence of Lopez's father -- who is as confident as his son is talented -- they will be put on the fast track.

"Sure," Arum said. "They have to decide whether he is going to fight at 135 or fight at 140. If he fights at 140, (a fight) against Jose Ramirez could be a major, major fight. If he stays at 135, then I'd like him to fight (Jose) Pedraza and if he's good with Pedraza, then fight Lomachenko. All in this year, or the beginning of next year."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...akeover-begins
            Thanks. Now I wonder if bob means it..like he said one day he's lying the next he aint..lol

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Thanks. Now I wonder if bob means it..like he said one day he's lying the next he aint..lol
              You already know! I'll believe it when I see it...but I do want to see it!

Comment

Very interesting match up here. I’d love to see him vs Pedraza. But in between he needs to fight someone better then Magdaleno because Pedraza is much better then mag.

Comment

Magdaleno and Pedraza are good moves IMO. I know Diego got blasted by Flanagan but he's not an old fighter by any stretch and has a decent amount of experience. Silva and Menard were good steps for Lopez, given how few fights he has and he passed both tests with flying colors. Hopefully he can get more rounds in tomorrow than last time out. Pedraza will be a good step-up too. Lopez may be ready to challenge for a title in 2020. Hopefully he stays at 135 for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    You already know! I'll believe it when I see it...but I do want to see it!
                    I want to see it too.

Lopez vs lomachencko!

Comment

Working...
                    X