No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Should Go After Pacquiao Right Now, Says Mancini

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kushking View Post
    Your wrong,he fought tooth & nail to not fight at 152(it was 152 not 150) he said he outgrew ability to make 152,& Fmj FORCED him to 152 or no fight,he then went on a several episode tangent on the show 24/7 Showtime about how he "intentionally weight drained Canelo"(he was even laughing at him saying he had spies in his camp & that he was going to sleep on an empty stomache. If your not a casual fan you should know these things & not have double standards(don't be a hypocrite because im pulling your card) Fmj even said on the show that he had no problem with Canelos size because he knew what those last 2 extra lbs do to fighters & drain/keep them from training"
    ---------------------------------------

Dude, did you not read the article I sent you???? Did you watch the fight between Canelo and Cintron???

Floyd was not calling Canelo out. Canelo called out Floyd right after he beat Cintron and then offered to drop to 150. Canelo's team repeated that later on. Do you get that part?

The weight issue was Canelo's and Floyd's team accepted it. That said, why should Floyd move up to 154? He was not the one that called out Canelo?? They accepted the terms and then insisted on it because it was what Canelo offered. Canelo knew he was bigger than Floyd so he agreed to meet Floyd half way.

That aside and for the love of God do not make this response about what I am going to say next - by using your logic of weight draining, can you ignore the fact that Cotto, Margarito and Oscar were all weight drained by PAC to weaken them so PAC could look great?

Comment

Originally posted by Mzembe View Post
      ---------------------------------------

Dude, did you not read the article I sent you???? Did you watch the fight between Canelo and Cintron???

Floyd was not calling Canelo out. Canelo called out Floyd right after he beat Cintron and then offered to drop to 150. Canelo's team repeated that later on. Do you get that part?

The weight issue was Canelo's and Floyd's team accepted it. That said, why should Floyd move up to 154? He was not the one that called out Canelo?? They accepted the terms and then insisted on it because it was what Canelo offered. Canelo knew he was bigger than Floyd so he agreed to meet Floyd half way.

That aside and for the love of God do not make this response about what I am going to say next - by using your logic of weight draining, can you ignore the fact that Cotto, Margarito and Oscar were all weight drained by PAC to weaken them so PAC could look great?
      I agree that pac drains opponents also,but I call it how i see it whether i like a fighter or not,& I love to play devils advocate. Fmj had a title at 154 & had fought at 154 already before(just admit Floyds win over Canelo(while supremely impressive) has an asterisk because of his own words coming back to bite him)

As I said pac ducked fmj for yrs so you wont hear me defending him,I just want you to be real eben when its "your guy" who did it,

Comment

Originally posted by jinx_htx View Post
        Freddie roach talking all that sheet, biatch please! They just want Thurman because he looks vulnerable after almost getting ko'd by Lopez. If Spence kills Mikey Garcia I bet Manny's team aren't going to be saying "line them up". I promise they won't be pursuing a Spence fight if he dominates Mikey like he's expected to, the same way Manny ducked Terrence Crawford.
        Opinions you know what they say about opinions?!!!

Comment

If Pac is just fighting for money.He should maybe stay away from crawfird.
          Don't let Crawford first comeback fight fool you. Tyson fury didn't look great in first fight back also

Comment

-------------------------------------------

Only a fool is unable to read between the lines. What is the context of my msg?
            He did fight Marquez I know that and he got blasted out!
            He got beat by Floyd too and his punch output was completely negated.

So once again, what do you think the context of my msg was?
            Blind hatred for Pac, no more, no less. If both parties mutually agreed to a catch weight, there is nothing to complain about, especially if he had to move up in weight to fight the bigger guys. Sure, he got knocked out cold but he came back and became a champion again, how many boxers can do that?

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
              I agree that pac drains opponents also,but I call it how i see it whether i like a fighter or not,& I love to play devils advocate. Fmj had a title at 154 & had fought at 154 already before(just admit Floyds win over Canelo(while supremely impressive) has an asterisk because of his own words coming back to bite him)

As I said pac ducked fmj for yrs so you wont hear me defending him,I just want you to be real eben when its "your guy" who did it,
              -------------------------------------

Alright, let me ask you a different question. Had Floyd fought Canelo at 154 (no catchweights) do you think that fight would have played out differently?

I mean it's one thing to state openly that you are calling for a catchweight with the intention of weakening your opponent (as per Roach's words verbatim).
              Floyd obviously knew that Canelo struggles with weight so when the offer was made they accepted it heartily but that's not to say that Canelo had a shot at beating Floyd at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
                Blind hatred for Pac, no more, no less. If both parties mutually agreed to a catch weight, there is nothing to complain about, especially if he had to move up in weight to fight the bigger guys. Sure, he got knocked out cold but he came back and became a champion again, how many boxers can do that?
                -----------------------------------------

Dude, stick to the context of my message. I was responding to your point about Marquez.
                Marquez was elite I agreed and knocked out Pacman, period.
                Him coming back and becoming champion is fine but it does not change the fact that PAC has fought a lot of bums in his prime and has 12 fights against 4 opponents. Like are there no other fighters he could have faced?

There were plenty and he ducked them all. Watch now how he ducks Thurman and Spence.

Comment

-------------------------

I never said anything about Crawford so I am not sure what your argument is.
                  I did not ignore Garcia (Mikey or Danny). My point is very clear... Manny is a cherry picker. How is he fighting guys like Algieri or Horn or Broner or Rios or Diaz or Mathysse? That question has nothing to do with Crawford.
                  Manny is supposed to be an all time great yet he fights BUMS. Crawford is not even a hall of fame fighter yet so he can do whatever he does and we'll get to judge him later but he did unify the 140 Ibs division which is something your boy Manny could not do. But I digress, why bring up Crawford? Counter my point about Manny fighting BUMS
                  If can say past prime Manny is fighting bums then you can also say Spence, Crawford, Thurman, Mikey, Porter are all been fighting bums... in their prime!

The Terrence Crawford unification was against some weak ass fighters. Gamboa was still his best opponent after it was all said and done...

Will Bud ever fight someone that weighs 17 lbs more on fight night at the Junior MW division for a title... and beat him?

Comment

It all depends if Thurman feels he can regain top form, if he is not right and at his best he will need another fight first, only Keith knows if improvement is there or not.

Comment

-----------------------------------------

Dude, stick to the context of my message. I was responding to your point about Marquez.
                      Marquez was elite I agreed and knocked out Pacman, period.
                      Him coming back and becoming champion is fine but it does not change the fact that PAC has fought a lot of bums in his prime and has 12 fights against 4 opponents. Like are there no other fighters he could have faced?

There were plenty and he ducked them all. Watch now how he ducks Thurman and Spence.
                      You just don’t get it, do you?
                      Arum was responsible for him fighting those bums, he did not want to fight Horn, he wanted to fight Khan but Arum sabotaged it by threatening to sue the financiers from the Middle East because according to him, Pac’s contract with Top Rank was still valid. On top of that, he wanted to use Pac to boost the Crawford vs Horn ppv sales by putting Pac vs Alvarado as co main event. Pac was insulted so he refused to do that and without Pac, the Crawford vs Horn fight is not ppv worthy and Arum didn’t have any choice but to postpone it. That’s why Pac dumped Arum, something he should have done long time ago. Now, Arum is doing the exact same thing on Crawford, that’s why he doesn’t fight nobody but bums and it will never stop until he dumps Arum. Thurman has the real WBA belt, if Pac won’t get the Mayweather rematch, the WBA unification with Thurman is his best option, he didn’t sign up with Haymon for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X