Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Rematch Headed To Barclays Center April 27 or May 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news. Hopefully we get a referee that can count.

Comment

I'm goingggg!!!!

Comment

I can't wait for this fight!

Comment

Will the rematch be announced sometime this week??

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            Will the rematch be announced sometime this week??
            Wilder said in about two weeks on Saturday. So probably not this week.

Comment

Oh no. About the only thing that could knock down any enthusiasm I have for this rematch is the potentially early stoppage and sobriety testing NY boxing. I hope like hell this goes to Vegas. Hate NY fights. I hope they get Smoger or Reiss as ref as well. Will despise anything that ruins this rematch...

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                I think he should go for the KO. That 12th round man, he hit Wilder with a 1-2 after getting up and it completely stopped Wilder going for the kill. He has power when he wants.

If I were him I wouldn't let it go to judges again, he must KO him to win or risk another robbery.
                Absolutely. Wilder was completely spent after he knocked Fury down. The fact that Fury got up and smacked Wilder with that right left combo drained EVERYTHING out of him, all the energy and belief. Wilder was so ready to go in that 12th and I hope Tyson watches that back and realises what SHOULD have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                  Oh no. About the only thing that could knock down any enthusiasm I have for this rematch is the potentially early stoppage and sobriety testing NY boxing. I hope like hell this goes to Vegas. Hate NY fights. I hope they get Smoger or Reiss as ref as well. Will despise anything that ruins this rematch...
                  there are alot less controversial /ridiculous scorecards in NY than in Vegas. Controversy can happen anywhere but much greater chance of something suspect going down in the gambling capital of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    there are alot less controversial /ridiculous scorecards in NY than in Vegas. Controversy can happen anywhere but much greater chance of something suspect going down in the gambling capital of the world.
                    Decisions yeah. But stoppages and sobriety test capitals are NY and UK imo.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                      how much does UK PPV cost? In the US it’s $80. That is over $100 Canadian. 325000 buys at $80 US is pretty solid numbers. Lots of illegal stresming & pirating going on... PPV i hear in England is like 10 or 20 pounds? Is that correct? How much do AJ fights cost on PPV? All my years watching HW boxing there have no been many US HWs who fought on PPV. Tyson & Holyfield were regulars but not many others. Wilder fighting on PPV is a big step for him. It helps having Fury there is no question about that but it is a big step none the less.
                      PPV on Sky or BT Sport are £20. Which I'm always fine paying as it's cheap enough I barely notice losing the money. U.S. Is like 3 times or so more I think, which I would pay for most of them as a huge boxing fan, but it is expensive. ITV PPV here I think is £15. And I might be wrong, but I think Joshua vs Wlad was £25 instead of £20, which is still fine considering Joshua is the UK's biggest boxing star commercially and Wlad was an elite guy and it was a great fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X