Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach: "If we don't get Mayweather, Thurman's my 2nd choice."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were Paq I would jump all over a fight with Thurman immediately and do whatever it takes to make that fight. Thurman will make much more $ fighting Paq than Spence or anyone else. And if his heart is no longer in boxing a Paq fight would be the best way to make a ton of money on his way out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by spenz View Post
      Freddie Roach has no power over Manny anymore. In Top Rank, Bob Arum always asks him first who he thinks Pac should fight and then pushes the agenda to Pac and eventually convince him to it.

Manny and Al now talk between them whomever is next for him. If Al "the adviser mode" says Thurman is a good choice then it's entirely up to Manny if he agrees. It's only then Al "the promoter mode" Haymon confirm it's a go. Freddie is just there to be "Hollywood Roach" hogging all the attention in the entourage, nothing more, Manny doesn't even talk to him after the fight.
      If I were Paq I would jump all over a fight with Thurman immediately and do whatever it takes to make that fight. Thurman will make much more $ fighting Paq than Spence or anyone else. And if his heart is no longer in boxing a Paq fight would be the best way to make a ton of money on his way out the door.

Comment

Listen half the boxers out their would not be capable of doing what Thurman did tonight
        The guy is coming off a two year layoff
        Plus his injury , he wasn’t just out cause fughall
        But he does need at least two more fights and preferably this fughin year
        Then let him out and play the big boys imo

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
          Manny could be waiting for the Spence vs. Garcia winner. Whoever wins that fight will have great positive effect on their popularity. Thurman is good too because he still has the belt and he can talk smack kinda like Broner. I just dunno if this fight affects his swagger in his upcoming fights though because it looks like he discovered there's a chiiink in his armour.

Comment

Interesting fight, I think Pac pulls it off. Thurman can hurt him with those sneaky uppercuts, when Pac jumps in head down swinging. Fair fight right now book it!!!!

Comment

Easy win for pac. i want pac to face the winner of spence-mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                Considering the rust has been shaken off for Thurman, i think this is a dangerous fight for pac.
                Sometimes I feel dumber after coming to thees forums. One would think with this being a dedicated boxing forum and all, that the opposite would happen, but some/most of the posters here are dumber than a block of wood.

Thurman, Porter, Garcia are all C/C+ fighters. Thurman MAYBE on his best day is B-. Thurman was bodied by Collazo, Lopez, and hurt against Porter. He is so ordinary I become genuinely confused when people put him on a PFP list...has me CTFU.

Ya'll just can't grasp a simple concept. At WW, in Floyd and Manny interim, there was Keith, Shawn, and Danny. They all fought each other and had close contests while beating a variety of journeyman themselves...Malignaggi, Lopez, Collazo, Rios, Ghost Guerrero, etc...none of the opponents they ever beat were remotely impressive and their wins/performances over those fringe contenders weren't remotely impressive either.

When you have 3 guys of approximately equal skill level sharing the spotlight of any division it becomes easy to assume they are all good fighters. They aren't. None of them are. They are all just a bit above average. It's just that WW was so watered down for so long that people didn't realize it (and still don't).

That is why Porter ran from Spence/Crawford (Mr. How can I fight him/them if I'm not even ranked by the IBF? ..what?)

That is why Danny turned down $3-5 million to fight..nobody..instead of having a shot at fighting Terrence Crawford

That is why Thurman has said - for Y E A R S - that he will fight Errol and Terrence..only to change his mind when either of those fights could legitimately be next.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                  It’s 22 months. Not even a 2 yr layoff. fury was able to get back on track or near top form after abusing his body, which thurman didn’t.

Here we go again throwing the word “slaughthered” so easy
                  22 months? jesus, that's almost a seven year layoff!

Comment

no brainer this fight happens next! makes the most sense. both are champs at 147. winner will likely get the winner of spence/mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                      no brainer this fight happens next! makes the most sense. both are champs at 147. winner will likely get the winner of spence/mikey.
                      Spence & Mikey are fighting on March 16th, while Porter & Ugas are fighting one week earlier on March 9th.

Thurman and Pacquiao fought one week apart.

I think the Spence-Mikey winner should fight the Porter-Ugas winner, then Thurman and Pacquiao can fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X