Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Overcomes Scare, Decisions Josesito Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lopez won 2 rounds at best. Thurman had a bad round, so what? It happens.

Comment

• I know this was tune-up, but what the hell. Even Berto stopped this guy. One time fought like bum time.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Doubt it. And you are assuming Pacquiao keeps winning until April 2020. That's a long way out. If he fights someone like Thurman next, he may lose right then and there.

And we just keep going in circles so I'm going to end it here. Personally, I think Pac should be fed to the winner of Spence/Garcia. You think he should get Thurman. Cool......
        Pacquio is targeting July, and then likely won't fight again until 2020; he's got to get by a single fight (a major one, but it's still one).

Will end it there, fine

Comment

• I’ve never been impressed by Keith and I’m still not now. He won two razor close decisions vs Danny and Shawn and wanted HOF acclaim. He does not want to fight Spence and this version doesn’t want 40 year old pac either

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Rotch View Post
            Lopez won 2 rounds at best. Thurman had a bad round, so what? It happens.
            Exactly,... Thurmans been out the ring for 2yrs. If anything, his "strength" suffered from the long delay of being REQUIRED to keep his arms in slow motion "therapy"....After such a looong delay, "some thing/s" has/have to not be up to par....some aspect/s of his game MUST suffer. ....Other than that, Thurman gave a WORLD CLASS EXCITING performance against a DETERMINED foe who acquired a NEW trainer to up his game.... and "up his game" is what he did!.....Lopez didnt have a FORCED hiatus before entering the ring.....he had the luxury of always training!.....Thurman can only get better from here on out.....What a gripping fight for boxing !!
            Last edited by lion33lit; 01-27-2019, 02:43 AM.

Comment

• Damn you guys are harsh. I hated the match up but that was perfect for him. He should jump right back in with another mid guy. If he looks like this at the end of the year, then ill listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Thurman is in a rough spot though. Is Thurman really going to get another main event A-side bag to fight Andre Berto next? From Showtime or FOX? I don't think so.

Thurman needs to pick off the easiest of the tough fights, and now that may actually be Pacquiao.
                I don't know his lifestyle, but he may be content to earn $1M-$2M a fight retiring gatekeepers. I want him to fight Spence, but he really didn't look ready to me. He's gonna need some cardio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  All the shine is off the Spence fight. 147 is an overrated division. It's not great all the time automatically just because it's 147. It was great when Pac, Floyd, Cotto, etc where in their primes. Now there is one elite fighter, Crawford, possibly a second, Spence, and everyone else is B+.

This had nothing to do with layoff. Did you see how sharp Thurman was, and his stamina? My lord his stamina. He showed better legs even than prime Lara. That was peak Thurman, it's just as we've seen, his power is overrated now that he's fighting at the top level, and that was what he was hyped for! His power! So if his power is overrated, then HE is overrated because that's the whole reason he was believed to be elite in the first place, his power. Not that he doesn't have other skills, but he's not a pure world class boxer-mover either. His defense is leaky. He's soft to the body. He's sort of good at everything great at nothing, except even in what he's very good at he has major flaws. I like him as a fighter but he's not a complete world class fighter like say the champs at 175 are 1 through 4, basically, or like we see in some other divisions as well.

I guess I shouldn't say 147 is overrated because 2 potentially elite fighters is still good, but what I mean is, there's only 1 on each side of the street. That's why it feels so overrated because you have Crawford, the elite, on one side, but the real action is happening on the PBC side, and on that side the elite was supposed to be Thurman, but he's not, and then Spence is potentially elite but he has no one elite to fight on the PBC side to prove it! And Crawford has no one to fight on his side! So that's what I meant. That's why it's overrated because even though there is talent, it's split up, and neither side has enough to make the division heat up.
                  How does this make any sense? He beat 2 opponents better than anyone the 2 fighters you claim are the elite ones have. Jury is still out on both Spence and Crawford. Spence may very well be the best of them. But he hasn't proved it. Thurman proved he can beat top guys/big names.

Comment

• Thurman needs to find Broner's number right away!

Comment

• Originally posted by Manic Shot View Post
                      Thurman needs to find Broner's number right away!
                      Eh i dont know about that. He doesn't have much to gain from a Broner fight. I think he should go right after Pacquiao. Alot of people may give Pacquaio the edge. I think Pacquiao is a lower risk fight than Lopez.

Lopez is a C level fighter. And that's the type of fight you want coming back from a long layoff. Pacquiao is older, less reach, and hasnt knocked out a legitimate WW in 10 years. He won't outbox Thurman. Pacquiao is a bigger name than Broner and he's somebody he can look good against his 2nd fight back.

Pacquiao would be a lucrative fight to lead up to the real money fight. And i don't see Pacquiao being a problem at all. Would still make for an entertaining fight. Beat Pacquiao then maybe take a mandatory. Then Spence late 2019 early 2020.

Comment

Working...
                      X