Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Overcomes Scare, Decisions Josesito Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man has been out of the ring for eons, not by choice either for injury. He could've taken a considerably easier tune up, he did what he had to and won. Folks need to get a grip. Kudos to lopez for almost pulling it off as well.

Comment

• All the shine is off the Spence fight. 147 is an overrated division. It's not great all the time automatically just because it's 147. It was great when Pac, Floyd, Cotto, etc where in their primes. Now there is one elite fighter, Crawford, possibly a second, Spence, and everyone else is B+.

This had nothing to do with layoff. Did you see how sharp Thurman was, and his stamina? My lord his stamina. He showed better legs even than prime Lara. That was peak Thurman, it's just as we've seen, his power is overrated now that he's fighting at the top level, and that was what he was hyped for! His power! So if his power is overrated, then HE is overrated because that's the whole reason he was believed to be elite in the first place, his power. Not that he doesn't have other skills, but he's not a pure world class boxer-mover either. His defense is leaky. He's soft to the body. He's sort of good at everything great at nothing, except even in what he's very good at he has major flaws. I like him as a fighter but he's not a complete world class fighter like say the champs at 175 are 1 through 4, basically, or like we see in some other divisions as well.

I guess I shouldn't say 147 is overrated because 2 potentially elite fighters is still good, but what I mean is, there's only 1 on each side of the street. That's why it feels so overrated because you have Crawford, the elite, on one side, but the real action is happening on the PBC side, and on that side the elite was supposed to be Thurman, but he's not, and then Spence is potentially elite but he has no one elite to fight on the PBC side to prove it! And Crawford has no one to fight on his side! So that's what I meant. That's why it's overrated because even though there is talent, it's split up, and neither side has enough to make the division heat up.

Comment

• Don't listen to computbox ever I watch the PAC vs mayweather fight in dloe motion many times I give went from 4 to now 6 round for for pac. Many mayweather puches missed it hit gloves max. Bring on there rematch though they're not elite they're still great. If pac can't get a mayweather rematch hope pac fight Porter then maybe Khan or Garcia then retire unless can get Thurman next before Thurman geys fully 100%,, thutman looked suspect against anyone of real quality or constant pressure. Spence would beat Thurman by Rd 8 ko

Comment

• Lopez was very close to sending Thurman into the shadow realm!

Round 7 was unreal!

Comment

• Watching Russell on the prelims ticks me off so much not seeing Pat McCormack turn pro. Think he made a mistake going for the 2020 Olympics. McCormack beat Russell in one of the WBS meets. He would be making some noise right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              A win over Pacquiao is still worth more than damn near any other win Spence can get. And it's not just a win, it is if he wins in STYLE. Like if he dominates and stops him brutally, that will be big for Spence. Thurman squeaking out a decision will do very little for him. That's why you put him in with Porter in a rematch for the unification bout if he beats Ugas and then the winner of that fight gets the winner of SPence/Garcia vs Pacquiao.

Haymon shouldn't be rewarding someone like Thurman here with a fight vs Pacquiao. His time as a potential star has passed. Time to keep it moving.
              If Spence knocks off Mikey Garcia, and then knocks off Shawn Porter for the WBC belt, to go along with the whooping he put on Peterson, and stopping Kell Brook in his home city, plus being a ticket seller and TV draw in the Dallas area and Brooklyn (on the assumption that Spence-Mikey and Spence-Porter/Ugas both do well on PPV), he's building his own stardom, with the fight to get the WBA title (against Pacquiao or Thurman) set to launch him.

Spence-Pacquiao happens in July for the IBF title, from AT&T Stadium, and the PPV conservatively does 500k-600k PPV buys; Pacquiao-Spence happens April 2020 for the WBC/WBA/IBF titles (after two successful PPVs and a possible TV taste at the end of 2019) and we're likely talking about a million buys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                If Spence knocks off Mikey Garcia, and then knocks off Shawn Porter for the WBC belt, to go along with the whooping he put on Peterson, and stopping Kell Brook in his home city, plus being a ticket seller and TV draw in the Dallas area and Brooklyn (on the assumption that Spence-Mikey and Spence-Porter/Ugas both do well on PPV), he's building his own stardom, with the fight to get the WBA title (against Pacquiao or Thurman) set to launch him.

Spence-Pacquiao happens in July for the IBF title, from AT&T Stadium, and the PPV conservatively does 500k-600k PPV buys; Pacquiao-Spence happens April 2020 for the WBC/WBA/IBF titles (after two successful PPVs and a possible TV taste at the end of 2019) and we're likely talking about a million buys.
                Doubt it. And you are assuming Pacquiao keeps winning until April 2020. That's a long way out. If he fights someone like Thurman next, he may lose right then and there.

And we just keep going in circles so I'm going to end it here. Personally, I think Pac should be fed to the winner of Spence/Garcia. You think he should get Thurman. Cool......

Comment

• Keith got socked up

Comment

• Josesito can sure take a beating. durability off the charts. bring on the Pacman.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Really don't need justification for that fight. Pac against any of the top PBC WWs is a good fight. Thurman vs Pac would be a fun competitive fight.

Still don't know why Al would do that though. Perfect opportunity to build the winner of Spence/Garcia with the Pacquiao fight. Thurman has proven to unreliable and at this point has no chance of being anything more than what he is. Which is a solid draw and good name, but not a superstar. Spence or Garcia on the other hand DO have that potential.
                      Lmao Spence has the personality of a toaster. He has zero carisma.

Comment

Working...
                      X