No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Overcomes Scare, Decisions Josesito Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
    I know some people are giving Keith a pass for the lay off. However, he was making a lot of noise when he coming up about taking on greater fighters than he is. We've seen truly great fighters take off for long periods and come back and put on a clinic. Keith isn't ready for Pacquiao, Spence, or Crawford. Somehow I think he gets Pacquiao first.
    Keith called him out! Manny would be crazy not to call him back! That's a PPV that's ready to go! No marinade necessary!

Comment

• Lopez lucky he didn't get KO'd with those wild punches he was throwing!! If he straightened those punches up he could have won the fight. Well that and throw the Jab he barely threw any and just kept walking in without throwing anything!

Comment

• Also Lopez got away with throwing rabbit punches also and the ref didn't say anything about it SMH

Comment

• Thurman vs Devon Alexander next!! Make it happen!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
            are you kidding? Thurman fought the exact same way he ALWAYS does,he fought dsg the same way like the fraud that he is. Cherrypicking gone wrong as predicted,lets not forget he went on a self imposed sabbatical "to have long walks on the beach with new wifey"
            Huh? When did I say he didn't fight like he always fights? How is that relevant to my post?

In fact, I mentioned this is what happens in most Keef fights. Start out strong and then look vulnerable in the 2nd half of fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
              True I would watch that fight!!
              Boots needs a test! Lopez needs some redemption! I think it would be a great fight!

Comment

• He won the boxing match but lost the street fight. Cong****.

Comment

• Thurman might as well go back in hiding there is no way he beats Spence or Crawford he barley got by a C level fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Really don't need justification for that fight. Pac against any of the top PBC WWs is a good fight. Thurman vs Pac would be a fun competitive fight.

Still don't know why Al would do that though. Perfect opportunity to build the winner of Spence/Garcia with the Pacquiao fight. Thurman has proven to unreliable and at this point has no chance of being anything more than what he is. Which is a solid draw and good name, but not a superstar. Spence or Garcia on the other hand DO have that potential.
                    You gotta go for the ride, though. Haymon seems to get it.

Knock out a rugged guy in Leonard Bundu after the US Men's Olympic gold medal basketball game, travel to Sheffield and beat a top 3 welterweight on his turf for the title, head home and sell 10000 tickets to get Jerry Jones' full buy-in as a backer, prove that he can sell tickets in Brooklyn too, open up his run at AT&T Stadium against another in-prime top 10 p4p fighter, unify his belt against another prime top5 welterweight fighter, and then seal his third belt against either Keith Thurman or Pacquiao.

Spence is on his way to superstardom without needing Pacquiao's scalp to do it, if he simply keeps winning his fights.

Thurman could use the scalp more, because his path to superstardom isn't really there without Pacquiao.

Do you put Thurman-Porter 2 on PPV this year? Unlikely.

Besides, you still win either way; Thurman beats Pacquiao in style and his name grows through to PPV, and if Pacquiao wins, he stands as a legit top welterweight and the Spence fight likely gets to a million PPV buys.

No need to rush

Comment

• Thurman vs PAC at this stage in both careers would be an epic fight

Comment

Working...
                      X