Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Promoter: Wilder Rematch is Far More Money Than Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    How much do you pay for a PPV in the UK?
    Who prices out people that don't really care about boxing loads (AKA the Casuals aka the masses) and then blames race as a main reason why boxing isn't popular despite greats like Ali coming from much more racist era's?

Cheap PPV costs 1/3 that sell 4 times as much is better than a PPV thats costs 3 times as much but only sells a 1/4.

Plus with a population 6 or 7 times bigger than UK with a bigger tradition in boxing, dropping the price would stand a chance of easy selling way over twice as much as UK, America should be adopting it and you should be championing the UK model for the sake of your wallet and the popularity of the sport.
    Last edited by Jax teller; 01-25-2019, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cally93 View Post
      Absolutely ****ing spot on bro!!!
      I’m from the U.K but I understand that racial tensions still run wild in the U.S.

Mayweather was no slouch he deliberately fought on Mexican holidays against Latino/Mexican fighters to antagonise them because he knew it sold tickets lol.

The reality is racial tension sells in the U.S, while it is seen as taboo here in the U.K, a lot of people over here are naive enough to think that most countries cultures are similar to our own.
      Cali, I spend half my year in the uk, Salford, and half my year in the USA. I’m a consultant and I do business in both countries. Lived in the uk until I left in the early 2000s. You are exactly right. Most British don’t spend any time in the USA, never been to the USA, don’t know anyone from the USA and they assume because the language is the same that the culture is and that could not be further from the truth. The only similarities between the USA and the uk in 2019 is the language we speak....that’s it. People in the uk literally seem to think that there is a shared identical culture and that white brits and white Americans or black brits and black Americans are transferable on demand andnit just doesn’t work that way. Very different history here in the USA and very different experiences for certain groups....and even groups that just are not present in the uk at all. The uk doesn’t have millions of Mexicans, Puerto Rican’s, salvadorians, Haitians, Dominicans, etc or First Nations peoples from the mainland to Alaska. I don’t expect British people tononow this but I am critical whe they outright reject it because it’s jot like the world they know and the world they project on the USA

Comment

Stop saying AJ the biggest name in the sport of boxing it's kinda clear Canelo is AJ could walk around through the US most of us wouldn't recognize him and think he's some type football player. Canelo on the other hand everyone knows who he and pacquiao is. Not my fault AJ is getting inflated checks cause he has the UK only on lock (UK pays more attention to the boxing) we have NBA NFL MLB oh yeah and something called UFC in the states that helps dip into boxing ratings. Oh yeah make things even worst if mayweather fought khabib or pacquiao he'd make what AJ makes in 4-5 fights. I am optimistic but I hope Wilder beats fury so he can KO AJ. AJ is alot easier of a fight for wilder than fury with fury akward style

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
          I Can’t argue with that observation although all the plaudits and praise is mainly heralded at Fury. Wilder has benefited off course but Fury is towering high in the popularity stakes. Maybe his story is resonating more with you Americans but Deontay has an equally compelling story. Deontay was the fighter that administered the punch in the 12th yet the fighter that took it and got up gets all the praise. Having said that he deserves it because he boxed Wilders ears off, and made Wilderlites do the moonwalk after the verdict was read out.

I’m not a huge fan of Fury but I rate his skill set. Right now he holds the key for any boxer to be a superstar. If he decided to fight Joshua the whole world would tune in and the winner of the fight even knucklehead Wilder fans would agree is No 1 of the division . Meanwhile Vegas would scupper hopes of bringing Wilder there and PPV for Wilder would be a distant memory, with him going back to his purse of 3 million a fight

If Tyson opts for the rematch with Wilder then the Winner especially if it is Tyson Fury can demand 50/50. Fury could actually say he wants home advantage and insist the fight being in Vegas as that would be his new home as you Americans love embracing fighters that are not your own...... YEAH I SAID IT. THE TOPIC NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED....LOL
          LOL Fury fan right chyea. Yeah you're right although its difficult to root against my countrymen but Im a big fan of non American fighters.
          My all time favorite is Maravilla Martinez. Big Floyd AND Pac fan.

But dude..theres beautiful boxing all over the globe, I appreciate it all brother

Comment

Originally posted by R.KHLMS4LIFE View Post
            Stop saying AJ the biggest name in the sport of boxing it's kinda clear Canelo is AJ could walk around through the US most of us wouldn't recognize him and think he's some type football player. Canelo on the other hand everyone knows who he and pacquiao is. Not my fault AJ is getting inflated checks cause he has the UK only on lock (UK pays more attention to the boxing) we have NBA NFL MLB oh yeah and something called UFC in the states that helps dip into boxing ratings. Oh yeah make things even worst if mayweather fought khabib or pacquiao he'd make what AJ makes in 4-5 fights. I am optimistic but I hope Wilder beats fury so he can KO AJ. AJ is alot easier of a fight for wilder than fury with fury akward style
            What is it with you guys and excuses? There are other sports in the UK, Football, Rugby, Cricket and tennis all being more popular than boxing that has only recently risen in popularity just. Canelo isn't gonna be that recognised around most of the world just like AJ isn't outside their local fanbase, Pacquioa is the only one that stands a chance of that.

Wilder is the weakest link in the chain according to most people that aren't a Wilder fan. He'll find it hard to win against fury schooling him like an amatuer for 12 rounds and even harder when he's on his back in the fourth catching z's, dreaming of being a "mommy" against AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
              AJ made more than Fury and Wilder combined fighting Povetkin according to the news papers (the articles aren't hard to find).

£20 mil (AJ) = $26 mil> $10 (Fury) + $14 (Wilder)
              I REALLY hope Fury Wilder 2 doesn't sell more than OUR beloved AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Oshio View Post
                Yes in America but you forget that Wilder has had 36 fights in America yet he's still a nobody. Fury is a big name and he's the one helping Wilder's reputation by fighting him.
                True enough but it is a win-win situation for both Wilder and Fury as far as exposure an establishing name recognition to the American market. Both fighters will be above Joshua in the eyes of Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                  I Can’t argue with that observation although all the plaudits and praise is mainly heralded at Fury. Wilder has benefited off course but Fury is towering high in the popularity stakes. Maybe his story is resonating more with you Americans but Deontay has an equally compelling story. Deontay was the fighter that administered the punch in the 12th yet the fighter that took it and got up gets all the praise. Having said that he deserves it because he boxed Wilders ears off, and made Wilderlites do the moonwalk after the verdict was read out.

I’m not a huge fan of Fury but I rate his skill set. Right now he holds the key for any boxer to be a superstar. If he decided to fight Joshua the whole world would tune in and the winner of the fight even knucklehead Wilder fans would agree is No 1 of the division . Meanwhile Vegas would scupper hopes of bringing Wilder there and PPV for Wilder would be a distant memory, with him going back to his purse of 3 million a fight

If Tyson opts for the rematch with Wilder then the Winner especially if it is Tyson Fury can demand 50/50. Fury could actually say he wants home advantage and insist the fight being in Vegas as that would be his new home as you Americans love embracing fighters that are not your own...... YEAH I SAID IT. THE TOPIC NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED....LOL
                  I take a bit of issue with your statement that Fury boxed Wilder's ears off. Landing 12 more punches in the entire fight (one more per round) doesn't equal boxing his ears off. Fury danced around a lot and flicked many meaningless punches that never landed but it's only the ones that land that count.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                    ROFL, it's the fight to make but not even a ******ed ****** would believe that Mr Fish Eyes. AJ is the money fight period. Those are facts.

#fax
                    #datroofyo
                    #nomasayin
                    You are entitled to your Opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                      It's funny as hell that the winner of Wilder/Fury will now be a 50/50 split with Joshua. Joshua has lost his A side negotiating power. If Wilder wins, he will have went from a 12.5 million flat fee offer to 50/50 split. And to think people called him stupid for not taking it?
                      What you say is true and even if Wilder loses in an exciting fight he'll be in line for maybe a 55/45 split against AJ. Both Fury and Wilder are in enviable positions.

Comment

Working...
                      X