Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Admits Past Hand Injury Will Require More Monitoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has to adjust to keep the career going

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
      Thurman took an extra year off for his bruised hand. Mark my words, he will bruise it again if it looks like Spence is next in line. What a joke.
      It will have damage to bones and tendons, what bones and to what extent is the damage matters greatly.

Hand injuries are not all the same, its funny you even trying use bruise so flippantly, lots of fine bones in your hands and any can cause a lot of pain.

Comment

It might be "That Time" for "One Time!"

Comment

Thurman fought DSG and Porter back 2 back....While healthy ass Porter ducked Spence and Garcia turned down Crawford and Pacquaio. But i that dont get half the hate Thurman gets.

#agenda

Comment

People just want Thurman to lose...Most people didnt even want the boi to have a tune up after having a layoff.

Then was tryna pressure him into fighting Spence b4 he was 100% so he could lose.

Then even before that tried to pressure him to fight Spence back when Spence hadn't fought a credible opponent yet before Bundu! Just cuz Mr. TBE said so back when Thurman was his mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
              I think Thurman got to a certain place with his career and he became content as he thought he already got to the mountain top. Kind of like Fury he won the title and look what happened to him. It all comes down to Thurman being afraid of losing once he got to a certain point in his career. Once Spence and Crawford started to show they were real legit threats to beat him he went on hiatus.
              Exactly how I always saw it. Once Thurman saw that it was gonna he harder to REMAIN champion, he found more excuses to avoid fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                For a fighter whose style revolves around speed and power, he is in trouble. Thurman isnt some skilled fighter who can fall back on skillset .
                That’s true. Thurman is more ATHLETIC than skilled. Always has been.

He fights like a leap amateur. A lot of lateral movement, in and out attack’s, leading with powershots. You never see him use an effective jab, has no feints, can’t counter punch, never goes to the body.

It surprises me that people don’t see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                  It will have damage to bones and tendons, what bones and to what extent is the damage matters greatly.

Hand injuries are not all the same, its funny you even trying use bruise so flippantly, lots of fine bones in your hands and any can cause a lot of pain.
                  Give me a break. There was no damage to bones, they even said that. It was a bruise. A year off for a bruised hand? They need to make up something better than that. I've had a broken hand before. Many boxers have, and never have had to take a year off for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
                    WTF...You have to be young. Floyd was knocking out everyone until he had hand injuries. Watch Floyd fights up til Arturo Gatti. Floyd looked way more powerful than Thurman. He was looking more like Errol and Terrence.
                    Yep agreed, up till Gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by Arma316 View Post
                      That’s true. Thurman is more ATHLETIC than skilled. Always has been.

He fights like a leap amateur. A lot of lateral movement, in and out attack’s, leading with powershots. You never see him use an effective jab, has no feints, can’t counter punch, never goes to the body.

It surprises me that people don’t see this.
                      Dude he does all the things you just stated he doesn't do , have You ever watched Onetime fight ?.

Comment

Working...
                      X