Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Admits Past Hand Injury Will Require More Monitoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's easy to be a fan and sit back and criticise these guys and what they go through, none of us could imagine what it's really like so we should take what he says at face value. I am excited he's back we all talked so much s*** on this guy when he was injured, he's back let's see what he can do.

Comment

Thurman took an extra year off for his bruised hand. Mark my words, he will bruise it again if it looks like Spence is next in line. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
        I was just getting ready to say this.

Floyd has been dealing with hand issues consistently since he was 28-29 years old. Yet he retired at 40! Throw Paulie in that category too. If Thurman wants to continue his boxing career he has to find a way to win. Simple as that.

I'm not sure who wraps Thurman's hands but could possibly be why he hurt his hands. When Floyd got with Nacho to do his wraps his hand issues were subdued for the most part. It also could be because Thurman does a lot of loading up on his shots from all sorts of angles which also takes a toll on your hands..
        Yeah bro, I believe switching to grant gloves also helped. But Keith’s timing is still suspect.

He happened to get married at the same time he disappeared, he has tough fights with Danny and Shawn, then Errol walks down Kel Brook.

He tries to be like Floyd to early and always says Floyd fought who he wanted.

Just doesn’t seem like his hearts in it. We will see something on Saturday. However, I am not sure how much comp he is in for given the abuse Josesito went through early fighting big guys like Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by ptek View Post
          Yes but I don't think Floyd hits as hard as Onetime plus Floyd had loads of numbing agents injected in those hand before his fights.
          WTF...You have to be young. Floyd was knocking out everyone until he had hand injuries. Watch Floyd fights up til Arturo Gatti. Floyd looked way more powerful than Thurman. He was looking more like Errol and Terrence.

Comment

I like to see more of Thurman

Now, this have me preoccupied. I don't like this. I hope his hand not fail him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
              WTF...You have to be young. Floyd was knocking out everyone until he had hand injuries. Watch Floyd fights up til Arturo Gatti. Floyd looked way more powerful than Thurman. He was looking more like Errol and Terrence.
              You are spot on; young dudes don’t know how Floyd use to ko ppl left and right

Comment

Keith Thurman probably has a low pain tolerance. Hand injuries are a common thing in boxing. He isn't the first fighter to go through this. If it's really bothering him then he needs to think about having a career as a analyst. Because WHEN he loses his first fight he will more than likely blame the loss on a undisclosed injury. And when he does he's going to catch a lot of backlash from it from the fans and other fighters!

Comment

He's done. He's not in the Pacquiao lottery.

Pac can only fight Floyd, Porter, Spence or Garcia now.

Comment

Another story, another story with grammatical errors. I offered my services for free. BoxingScene won’t take me up.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                      It's easy to be a fan and sit back and criticise these guys and what they go through, none of us could imagine what it's really like so we should take what he says at face value. I am excited he's back we all talked so much s*** on this guy when he was injured, he's back let's see what he can do.
                      I hear you, but I really think Thurman is on the way out pretty soon. Not everybody wants to keep fighting once they're wearing the "silk pajamas" Hagler talked about.

And injuries really do suck. The older you get, the more they suck.

I don't anticipate Thurman taking on Spence or Crawford at any point. But I'm wrong half the time, so.

Comment

Working...
                      X