No announcement yet.

Rate Broner’s chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Danny Garcia has a better chin than him and likely Shawn Porter as well. But yes, Broner takes punches well.
    Danny has a better chin, not sure about Porter though. I mean AB dropped Porter and Broner ain’t a puncher at 147

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Danny has a better chin, not sure about Porter though. I mean AB dropped Porter and Broner ain’t a puncher at 147
      But remember that fight was at 144 catchweight. I mean it was a sharp shot, but Porter wasn't even hurt there. Got up and took it to Broner the rest of the round. Porter fought at 165 in the amateurs and was able to hang with the big boys. His chin is rock solid, to me better than Broner's.

Comment

But remember that fight was at 144 catchweight. I mean it was a sharp shot, but Porter wasn't even hurt there. Got up and took it to Broner the rest of the round. Porter fought at 165 in the amateurs and was able to hang with the big boys. His chin is rock solid, to me better than Broner's.
        Completely different with the big gloves on though, you can’t really gauge someone’s chin from the amateur’s.
        Porter has a solid chin for sure but AB’s is more proven IMO

Comment

He has a decent chin...but I think what held him up was his legs. He has very good balance.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            Completely different with the big gloves on though, you can’t really gauge someone’s chin from the amateur’s.
            Porter has a solid chin for sure but AB’s is more proven IMO
            Right, but just saying a small guy like Porter hanging with dudes two or three weight classes naturally bigger than him is impressive.

Broner's chin is no doubt good. Maidana hurt him on numerous occasions and I don't think he would have been able to do that to Porter even if he landed flush. Porter took some monster shots from Thurman who can crack, especially early on and ate them very well. I think Broner is probably more rocked if he takes those shots. But whatever, end of the day both have very good chins.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
              World Class. About the only thing world class about him. Khan wouldve been put to sleep with this punch.

No racist here but you could tell the black fans in the background were supporting AB. They were emotionless every time AB got tagged while the rest of the crowd were cheering.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
                World Class. About the only thing world class about him. Khan wouldve been put to sleep with this punch.

Hatton got slept with the same left hand
                but a younger Pac did

Comment

Right, but just saying a small guy like Porter hanging with dudes two or three weight classes naturally bigger than him is impressive.

Broner's chin is no doubt good. Maidana hurt him on numerous occasions and I don't think he would have been able to do that to Porter even if he landed flush. Porter took some monster shots from Thurman who can crack, especially early on and ate them very well. I think Broner is probably more rocked if he takes those shots. But whatever, end of the day both have very good chins.
                  I dunno man that left hook Maidana caught Broner with in round 2 would of dropped nearly any welterweight including Porter.

Thurman’s power is massively overrated IMO, his best KO win is probably that Argentinian Chavez or a blown up, shot Julio Diaz. As soon as his competition stepped up the KO’s stopped.

Both have good chins though no disputing that.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                    Decent chin, took some shots and hung in there, but let's face it, although it was an interesting and entertaining fight that Manny dominated ... ..... it really wasn't a war. Broner didn't take a ton of punishment.

More a tactical fight than anything else.
                    AB just didn't fight. He was either going to lose like he did or he was going to land a hail mary KO because he didn't take 1 step forward the entire night..kept hoping to land the KO shot and had extremely limited success.

Manny is a rare fighter who can be KTFO and didn't suffer lingering chin issues

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      it's the only thing world class about him.
                      Exactly

But overall he is a mediocre fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X