No announcement yet.

Nsb pick em 2019 masterthread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
    Damn, man. That was a loooong days work. Want to write y'all a little something about watching the different players rising and falling - looking unassailable then slipping back - Baltimore, Mammoth, even myself for a brief moment... like watching the last two months in some weird time lapse... but fuck it. Ima get a beer and go bed.

Leaderboard up to date.

Koba
    Thanks for the hard work Koba .

Comment

Damn, man. That was a loooong days work. Want to write y'all a little something about watching the different players rising and falling - looking unassailable then slipping back - Baltimore, Mammoth, even myself for a brief moment... like watching the last two months in some weird time lapse... but fuck it. Ima get a beer and go bed.

Leaderboard up to date.

Koba

Once again thanks Koba

You the man

Comment

Leaderboard up to date.

Koba
        Thanks Koba... It's a lot of hard work and dedication... Just like boxing...

Comment

Man I been taking too many breaks from NSB or missing pick em threads. I'm only contending with BMorph for the "We Suck At Picking Fights In A Timely Manner" Championship looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Man I been taking too many breaks from NSB or missing pick em threads. I'm only contending with BMorph for the "We Suck At Picking Fights In A Timely Manner" Championship looks like.
            Next job is to compile a list of players' links so I can do a group mention and remind folk to get their picks in and poll on what fights we want for upcoming PICK EMs and stuff. I think NC Uppercut has set up a PICK EM discussion group somewhere to, might try and get that active, send invites out and stuff.

But don't worry man, you doing... ummm... okay. I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Next job is to compile a list of players' links so I can do a group mention and remind folk to get their picks in and poll on what fights we want for upcoming PICK EMs and stuff. I think NC Uppercut has set up a PICK EM discussion group somewhere to, might try and get that active, send invites out and stuff.

But don't worry man, you doing... ummm... okay. I guess.
              I mean to brag on myself I ain't actually doing bad...I'm just like the guy who does well at work, but I call in sick too much. Averaging 29pts per fight. Top 10 guy is getting 26pts per fight. #1 guy is getting 32pts per fight. Basically I SHOULD be tied for 5th if I'd been around here. Need to text message picks to y'all or some sh^t

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I mean to brag on myself I ain't actually doing bad...I'm just like the guy who does well at work, but I call in sick too much. Averaging 29pts per fight. Top 10 guy is getting 26pts per fight. #1 guy is getting 32pts per fight. Basically I SHOULD be tied for 5th if I'd been around here. Need to text message picks to y'all or some sh^t
                One of the unfortunate things about the PICK EM is that the best route to the top is simple consistency, even if you just pick the fave by Close DEC as long as you throw down every week you're gonna do pretty well... basically once you missed more than 3 or 4 you're out of the running for the top slot.

Damn things just a bit of fun though... I like to think of it as a bit of light relief where NSB's lil warring factions can sit down and actually have a laugh whilst talking about the fights 'stead of letting all the ego shet get in the way.

EDIT: And we can sort out SMS or whatever you want man - just PM me we'll sort something. Other thing is like when you were away a bit last year.. put in some advance picks. Gonna try to get a list of likely upcoming fights anyway... but it shouldn't be too difficult to pick out the likely ones from the schedule here or on Boxrec (the two places I look to pick em for the PICK EM).
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-03-2019, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  One of the unfortunate things about the PICK EM is that the best route to the top is simple consistency, even if you just pick the fave by Close DEC as long as you throw down every week you're gonna do pretty well... basically once you missed more than 3 or 4 you're out of the running for the top slot.
                  Yea that sounds about right. Think last year was the first year I've been outside the top 10ish, top 15ish region cuz I missed so many fights. I've always paid attention to the avg pts doe cuz of the consistency thing. Cuz sometimes I've sucked a lil more, but cuz I was around I still did alright overall.

If I had the willpower to not let my pick be known in the pickem threads I'd probably just opt out. Need to go to Pickem Rehab or some sh^t.

Comment

Leaderboard up to date.

Koba
                    Appreciated. Thank you for doing this.

Comment

Thank you for the catch up!!
                      Cheers! Koba-Grozny

Comment

Working...
                      X