Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nsb pick em 2019 masterthread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The top 3 guys on the league. Im coming for you. Just know that im an Ivyleague Boxing gambler and i dont fuk around.

Ive ran guys off the league cuz they couldnt take losses and the abuse i dished out.

Im coming to rob without the ski mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      Im so looking forward to it. Most of you are familiar with me but ive never competed on this league so Id like to introduce myself.

Im a 2x Champion of CLB and 3x Champion at IvyLeagueBoxing years back.

I was more of a hardcore boxing guy back then because I was single and had the flexibility so i competed in all the biG leagues and took down motherfukers like a big boss.

I havent done it in years but ive been getting the itch to conquer again and show what im about. I thrive on competition.

THis comp involves mind games too so there will be sht talking and I hope none of ya take it to heart.

Give ya a little glimpse of my entrance theme.

https://youtu.be/HGwWPTAljII

via GIPHY

My man, Finito, putting the division on blast! I like it.

The rest of you dudes gonna take this shit lying down?

Comment

The top 3 guys on the league. Im coming for you. Just know that im an Ivyleague Boxing gambler and i dont fuk around.

Ive ran guys off the league cuz they couldnt take losses and the abuse i dished out.

via GIPHY

Why you telling us about some little leagues ILB and CLB sheet, man, you think anyone's impressed? All you're saying is that you wasted your prime in the ammy's, son, but you're playing with the big fish now. You gotta prove yourself around here...

WAR FINITO!!!

Bring it...
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-15-2019, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

via GIPHY

Why you telling us about some little leagues ILB and CLB sheet, man, you think anyone's impressed? All you're saying is that you wasted your prime in the ammy's, son, but you're playing with the big fish now. You gotta prove yourself around here...

WAR FINITO!!!

Bring it...
          Dont me get wrong bruh cuz Im not trying to compare leagues here but track records mean something and i just wanted to share.

And to clarify, the leagues i competed in started long before NSB comps and Ivyleague Boxing was through special invitations only. Only the top players got to enter so can you imagine the level of competition? Champ received $2000.

So again, Im not trying to flex here but from what i observed on this league, and no disrespect to you, but the comp here is nowhere near tough as what i had to deal with back then. So no my friend, those were pro leagues.

I have to give you alot of credit for running this league though because i know what it takes. I appreciate you investing your time and what i can bring to the table are knowledge and entertainment. The competition will get louder and more entertaining which is better for the league.

🍻

Comment

Dont me get wrong bruh cuz Im not trying to compare leagues here but track records mean something and i just wanted to share.

And to clarify, the leagues i competed in started long before NSB comps and Ivyleague Boxing was through special invitations only. Only the top players got to enter so can you imagine the level of competition? Champ received $2000.

So again, Im not trying to flex here but from what i observed on this league, and no disrespect to you, but the comp here is nowhere near tough as what i had to deal with back then. So no my friend, those were pro leagues.

I have to give you alot of credit for running this league though because i know what it takes. I appreciate you investing your time and what i can bring to the table are knowledge and entertainment. The competition will get louder and more entertaining which is better for the league.

��
            Guess it takes a while for some folk to figure out my humour, man. I switched accounts to answer you twice deliberately, man. Once to Welcome you as an official and in the next breath to bristle at your hubris as a fellow player and rival - what I'd call banter, in fact. Folk who take themselves seriously around here likely gonna get poked with the fun stick I'm afraid.

I took this shit over close on two years ago now and I made no pretence I was doing anything other than winging it and figuring ish out on the fly... still am for that matter. And I did it not because I was trying to set up some pro-league or some bullchit like that but just because I enjoyed it as a player before BroBob had to retire, liked the fun, liked the banter and how it added a little something to the fights... but just as much, maybe more, cos I was sick of the endless rounds of bullchit of the rest of the forum, ducking this, bum that, coward here, fraud there...y'know how it is.

I wanted somewhere for a bit of light relief and figured other posters would too, and believe it or not I kinda care about the crazy, obsessive motherfuckers on here and far as I'm concerned its worth the time I put into this **** - and I might sound like a pretentious asshole here - just to help folk remember that we're all united by a love of this brutal, beautiful sport and that we got a lot more in common than we got different, and maybe, just maybe to help retain some sense of community or commonality here, cos we might just be a dying mfin' breed.

So yeah. That's why I do this shit, man. If it organically grows into something bigger or different or the players want it that way I'll just see how it goes into the future - maybe I'll stay on board, maybe I won't. The way I set it up it's robust enough to withstand changes of administration or changes of policy or style and from the get go I put the players wishes at the heart of this ****, but I like to think mainly folk kinda like the way it's run. Lighthearted and easygoin'.

Anyways, once again, welcome on board, man, good to have you with us... and I'm sure we're all going to be looking forward to being enlightened by your expert ass...

K
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-15-2019, 07:17 PM.

Comment

🍻
              Lol, this^ post made me imagine Kenny Powers from East Bound and Down showing up to a backyard softball game and going off about how pro he is.
              Dude, this is just a REALLY casual thing and most of the participants don't even pick every fight. No one really cares about leagues and shyt.

Comment

The top 3 guys on the league. Im coming for you. Just know that im an Ivyleague Boxing gambler and i dont fuk around.

I'm not top 3 but if you're in this for 2020 make no mistake, I will push your shit in. Hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post

via GIPHY

My man, Finito, putting the division on blast! I like it.

The rest of you dudes gonna take this shit lying down?
                  They’ll be taking it balls deep with no lube once my balls get rollin. They wont have a choice.

I hear some of these dudes trying to play it off like it’s no big deal and it’s just a little game lol tryin to justify why they suck.

Any competition I take seriously but that’s just how i am. Why even bother if you are not striving to be the best?

Hey Mammoth, how much are you putting on that? You talkin sht homey you better put your money where yo mouth is.

Like I said, you dudes better take this sht seriously cuz imma check you everytime you make mistakes.

Comment

They’ll be taking it balls deep with no lube once my balls get rollin. They wont have a choice.

I hear some of these dudes trying to play it off like it’s no big deal and it’s just a little game lol tryin to justify why they suck.

Any competition I take seriously but that’s just how i am. Why even bother if you are not striving to be the best?

Hey Mammoth, how much are you putting on that? You talkin sht homey you better put your money where yo mouth is.

Like I said, you dudes better take this sht seriously cuz imma check you everytime you make mistakes.

We got us a bad boy, huh? Me and my crew coming to teach you some respeck, thun...

Seriously though, I'll be putting up a discussion thread over the course of the next few weeks for ideas and suggestions for the 2020 season. From the get go I've aimed to make this ish as inclusive as possible so under my watch it's never gonna be pay to play or even points to play, but I've no objection to people coming to private arrangements and there's even been discussion in the past of a kinda private sweepstakes league within the game for those who want to participate, so if that's your thing and you can find willing participants I'm more than willing. Might even throw in £50 myself, though bear in mind not all of us got $100k packed and ready to go, man.

Comment

• NSB PICK 'EM 2019 #87 AND #88 (12/14/19) PICKS AND POINTS TALLY

RESULTS:

WINNERS (CORRECT/TOTAL)

Lopez, KO, EARLY (15/29)
                      Crawford, KO, LATE (28/29)

Pick Em thread:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=835200

NSB pick em tally #81
                      NamePOINTSPICKSCorrectPerfectStreak3XUsed2xUsed
                      A.K       
                      alexnation40211LW  
                      Articulateboxin140221WW 2
                      atomicsad