Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade Outboxes, Stops Artur Akavov in Twelfth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ref stopped it early to make Andrade’s record look better than BJS.

I personally think that Andrade came away looking bad. The one time Akavov landed he looked troubled.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
      ive been saying this since i came on boxing scene. when he was at 154 i was saying he was the best he just had to fight and get the fights NOBODY wanted to fight him.
      canelo avoided him lara avoided him he got bad advice by rocnation to pull out of the charlo fight look at 154 now the charlo bros one lost nobody realistically thinkg mugiya, hurd can beat a 160 Andrade do they?
      canelo is like 5'8 Andrade is 6'1 danny jacobs is the best test for Andrade at 160 bc they know each other but his skills aint on Adrades level charlo i never thought either charlo could beat Andrade and ggg too slow he cuts the ring off good but way to slow good jab but besides power and cutting the ring off andrade does everythang better than ggg go to 168 the only one i can see competing with andrade is benavidez. so no its not a joke
      GGG clearly has a better jab, based on how he has used it against better competition. That's where everything starts in his fights.

Andrade got dropped by Vanes and went 12 hard rounds with him. GGG destroyed Vanes in 2 rounds.

I like Andrade but he shouldn't be favored over any of the top 4 guys (GGG Canelo Jacobs Saunders) until he fights and beats one of them. He has only faced Culcay and Vanes in his whole career and those were 2 very tough fights for him.

I do like his skills though he just needs to take on a real test next

Comment

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
        Hey Stomps what do you think of Canelo fighting Jacobs? Should be a good one. Canelo has the better chin! Late round K.O, although I believe that Jacobs will make it a tough night.
        I think it's a great fight that either fighter can win.
        I see Jacobs using his height and reach and try to box Canelo all night.
        I don't think he'll try to stand in front of Canelo at all...
        I really feel it's a 50-50 fight.
        I see Canelo going to Jacob's body at first to try to catch him with with a straight right to the chin the same way he caught Kirkland and Khan but Jacobs is way better than both of them so it won't be an easy fight for Canelo.
        But I'm going with Canelo all the way!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
          GGG clearly has a better jab, based on how he has used it against better competition. That's where everything starts in his fights.

Andrade got dropped by Vanes and went 12 hard rounds with him. GGG destroyed Vanes in 2 rounds.

I like Andrade but he shouldn't be favored over any of the top 4 guys (GGG Canelo Jacobs Saunders) until he fights and beats one of them. He has only faced Culcay and Vanes in his whole career and those were 2 very tough fights for him.

I do like his skills though he just needs to take on a real test next
          vanes was UNDEFEATED at the time in 2013 when Andrade fought him 6 YEARS ago Andrade got caught with a shot in the first round and went down in that fight got back up to win arguably every round besides round 1, besides the canelo and jacobs fight in which ggg showed NO SEPARATION from either before the canelo fight and jacobs fight ggg resume was as thin as paper he hadnt fought ANYONE his entire career except canelo and jacobs who alot of ppl say he lost too. i think canelo won both fights BUT i see the argument in favor of ggg.
          ggg fought vanes off of a 2 year layoff and never fought at 160 when Andrade said he's STEP IN ON SHORT NOTICE but ggg went the route of vanes bc it was an easier fight bc he aint fought in over 2 years and never fought at 160. nothing special about that.
          ggg resume besides canelo and jacobs is actually weaker than andrades bc he's older. Andrade TRIED to fight canelo at 154 but canelo ducked him until the wbo stripped andrade for inactivity bc canelo wouldnt fight him and soon as Andrade got skripped canelo went and fought for the wbo title against lima smith
          like i said Andrade is THE GOODS but NOBODY wants to fight him. he just called ggg out last night AND HE HAS A BELT which ggg could fight for to use as leverage going into the 3rd fight with canelo IF BY SOME MIRACLE he pulls it off

Comment

• Originally posted by glassjoey View Post
            ref stopped it early to make andrade’s record look better than bjs.

I personally think that andrade came away looking bad. The one time akavov landed he looked troubled.
            stfu troll

Comment

• Why was Lou DiBella get so worked up over the bad stoppage? Is Akavov one of his guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
                Hey Stomps what do you think of Canelo fighting Jacobs? Should be a good one. Canelo has the better chin! Late round K.O, although I believe that Jacobs will make it a tough night.
                Jacobs won't pose a threat to Canelo, too friendly.
                Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 01-19-2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

vanes was UNDEFEATED at the time in 2013 when Andrade fought him 6 YEARS ago Andrade got caught with a shot in the first round and went down in that fight got back up to win arguably every round besides round 1, besides the canelo and jacobs fight in which ggg showed NO SEPARATION from either before the canelo fight and jacobs fight ggg resume was as thin as paper he hadnt fought ANYONE his entire career except canelo and jacobs who alot of ppl say he lost too. i think canelo won both fights BUT i see the argument in favor of ggg.
                  ggg fought vanes off of a 2 year layoff and never fought at 160 when Andrade said he's STEP IN ON SHORT NOTICE but ggg went the route of vanes bc it was an easier fight bc he aint fought in over 2 years and never fought at 160. nothing special about that.
                  ggg resume besides canelo and jacobs is actually weaker than andrades bc he's older. Andrade TRIED to fight canelo at 154 but canelo ducked him until the wbo stripped andrade for inactivity bc canelo wouldnt fight him and soon as Andrade got skripped canelo went and fought for the wbo title against lima smith
                  like i said Andrade is THE GOODS but NOBODY wants to fight him. he just called ggg out last night AND HE HAS A BELT which ggg could fight for to use as leverage going into the 3rd fight with canelo IF BY SOME MIRACLE he pulls it off
                  154 is a soft weight class. So is anything that is 'super' or 'light'. Those bs belts and classes suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
                    154 is a soft weight class. So is anything that is 'super' or 'light'. Those bs belts and classes suck.
                    so why is ggg resume so weak then?

Comment

Wow man you are a nutcase.

Besides Vanes and Culcay, the next best guys on Andrade's resume are Fox, Rose. Nelson probably 3rd best overall, he is OK. Andrade literally has jack **** on his resume overall.

You GGG haters are just ****** honestly.

GGG clear wins over Canelo (2) and Jacobs. And then he has about 15 really good wins, all by KO - Brook, Monroe, Stevens, Ouma, Rosado, Macklin, Murray, Lemieux, Geale, Proksa, Ishida, Vanes, Rubio, Adama.

To belittle those wins and his resume just shows how foolish you are. GGG actually has a really strong resume - 15-20 really good wins including a few great ones, but because people hate him the only things they can try to get him on is - 1) trying to say he lost the only 3 fights where he didn't KO someone and 2) trying to say the guys he did KO suck. It is a tired argument and the argument of a fool.

Andrade is a good fighter, good amateur career, really knows how to box. But he has only faced maybe 5 live bodies in his career, and only 2-3 real fighters. GGG has faced 20 of those guys. Do you research and leave your bias at the door.

Comment

Working...
                      X