Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo most overrated boxer of the modern day era??????????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, not even close; here's my top 3 most overrated of the modern era.

1. JCC Jr.
    2. Sergio Martinez
    3. Antonio Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post

1. JCC Jr.
      2. Sergio Martinez
      3. Antonio Margarito
      were any of them consistently called a legendary top 20 p4p all time hof'er by mainstream media outlets and fans like they do with canelo????? i don't think so.

canelo still most overrated of our era.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
        were any of them consistently called a legendary top 20 p4p all time hof'er by mainstream media outlets and fans like they do with canelo????? i don't think so.
        Legendary top 20 p4p all time hof'er, where do peeps come up with this crap? At least drop some links or sources when you post hyperbolic stuff like that.

Canelo is the goods, the only criticism I can give him is his 2x failed drug tests.

Comment

absolutely. tell me. what good fighter has he beaten without needing gift from judges????? lara should have won. trout fight should have been a draw at best. struggled against old way past prime bloated cotto. easily lost against ggg twice. even got a gift card against floyd hahahahahahahahahaha. what a joke. farce. he can only beat up subpar opposition.

so why does he get so much praise???? why does he get talked about like some legendary hof'er????? explain.

jacobs without a doubt will need a KO to win. canelo can lose easily and still win on teh cards. hahahahaha what a joke.
          KOing a blowing up chinny WW in Khan, Couldn't KO and way past Prime Cotto, NEEDED PED's for a DRAW against GGG the first time and then Vegas Judges assist the 2nd time.

He is a good fighter mind you but god he is overrated. Mayweather had antics I DESPISED WITH A PASSION, but I knew he was the best, Canelo wishes he had that kind of talent.

Comment

1. JCC Jr.
            2. Sergio Martinez
            3. Antonio Margarito
            ROFL at Sergio Martinez being overrated. Canelo wanted NONE of that smoke when he was MW champ.

Comment

Legendary top 20 p4p all time hof'er, where do peeps come up with this crap? At least drop some links or sources when you post hyperbolic stuff like that.

Canelo is the goods, the only criticism I can give him is his 2x failed drug tests.
              failed tests, rigged scorecards, dumping his belts, abuse of catchweights (the worst in modern boxing history) to the point he created his own weightclass

how come u over look this?

Comment

failed tests, rigged scorecards, dumping his belts, abuse of catchweights (the worst in modern boxing history) to the point he created his own weightclass

how come u over look this?
                Canelo is definitely overrated. I must agree.

Comment

Boxing is all about hype and Alvarez is a great example.
                  The diva's one of the top guys fighting but there's lots of hype there too.
                  The diva's got 3 very good wins. Jacobs, Golovkin and Lara, but 2 of those wins were controversial.
                  A truly great fighter dominates other good fighters and separates himself from the pack.
                  Alvarez never dominates any of the top guys, he wins close, competitive fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                    Boxing is all about hype and Alvarez is a great example.
                    The diva's one of the top guys fighting but there's lots of hype there too.
                    The diva's got 3 very good wins. Jacobs, Golovkin and Lara, but 2 of those wins were controversial.
                    A truly great fighter dominates other good fighters and separates himself from the pack.
                    Alvarez never dominates any of the top guys, he wins close, competitive fights.
                    yup. everyone says that canelo is a masterful boxer yet hasn't dominated any top opponent. everyone says canelo is one of the biggest punchers p4p in history, but hasn't even stopped a top opponent. 10000000% overrated.

Comment

• Lol yeah canelo fans are dumb

Comment

Working...
                      X