Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo most overrated boxer of the modern day era??????????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
    just fighting whoever doesn't deserve u of praise. again what good fighter he beat without shady scorecards, or gift decisions???????? all his best fights he arguably lost. what about this makes him a great fighter and future hof'er??????? what a joke.
    Most people credit Canelo for beating Lara although some say he lost which is fair.

Most people credit Canelo for beating Trout although some say he lost which is definitely the minority.

Most people credit Canelo for beating Cotto although a small group of conspiracists say Cotto won.

Nobody actually thinks Canelo drew with Floyd. It was a corrupt judge and if behavior is any indication I'd think DLH had something do with that.

People remained very divided on the first GGG fight and the majority seem to think GGG won which I'm okay with as I had it 7-5 either way and a draw was acceptable.

The second fight remains a split as there are people who feel Gennady won as well as people who feel Canelo won. Both fights were very close and a draw in both fights was warranted.

At no point in time was Canelo given a "gift decision" though. One could argue he received generous scoring at times, but even if he lost Lara or GGG...those were 7-5 losses...not 10-2 losses. There was never a "gift".

This is why people can't stand Gennady fans. They are unreasonable and say things (like *****) without any logic attached to their thoughts

he can only beat (without controversy) overmatched subpar opponents. no one cared much about the angulo fight after he was destroyed by kirkland. mosley was old fielding??? extremely laughable. etc. etc.
    and past it yet canelo couldn't even drop or stop him and even struggled in spots hahahahahahahahaha. KO'ing small chinny khan? give me a break.
    Why did I even bother responding to this 12 year old **** stan?

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
      He lost to Lara on my card.
      Did enough to beat Trout.
      Got humiliated by Floyd.
      Beat Cotto.
      At worst lost by a point to GGG.
      Failed a drug test.
      Defeated ggg in the rematch.

He's a good boxer, but i sure ain't praising him
      fairest assessment ive seen in this thread

Comment

had him clearly beating Lara, Trout and Cotto soooo.. This is a troll thread to me. and he clearly beat ggg in the rematch too. first one is rightfully controversial.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          Most people credit Canelo for beating Lara although some say he lost which is fair.

Most people credit Canelo for beating Trout although some say he lost which is definitely the minority.

Most people credit Canelo for beating Cotto although a small group of conspiracists say Cotto won.

Nobody actually thinks Canelo drew with Floyd. It was a corrupt judge and if behavior is any indication I'd think DLH had something do with that.

People remained very divided on the first GGG fight and the majority seem to think GGG won which I'm okay with as I had it 7-5 either way and a draw was acceptable.

The second fight remains a split as there are people who feel Gennady won as well as people who feel Canelo won. Both fights were very close and a draw in both fights was warranted.

At no point in time was Canelo given a "gift decision" though. One could argue he received generous scoring at times, but even if he lost Lara or GGG...those were 7-5 losses...not 10-2 losses. There was never a "gift".

This is why people can't stand Gennady fans. They are unreasonable and say things (like *****) without any logic attached to their thoughts

Why did I even bother responding to this 12 year old **** stan?

Just wondering can you name 1 fight in which 1 scorecards didn’t favour Canelo from popular opinion of how the fight played out

Gets almost shutout against Mayweather but given 6,4,3 rounds

Most media / fans agree he lost to Lara even if you want to give it to Canelo you can’t guve more then 7 rounds , yet 1 judge gave him 9

Most fans /media agree he lost the first Golovkin fight and at best a draw yet 1 judge gave him 10 rounds

Most feel The Trout fight was close but one judge gave him 10 rounds

Before Khan lost his soul most felt he was winning yet 1 judge gave Canelo 4 of the first 5 rounds and was ahead on another

In the Cotto fight , Cotto got 1 round from 1 Judge and 2 from another definitely not indicative of how the fight played out

Canelos never in his career even had 1 card that didn’t favour him.

Comment

Camelot is right up there but he is overated. He got gift s against Ggg who is also overated.
            The devastating win against fielding I want to see Nell do it against someone he's not supposed to do that to. Maybe callum, bjs or eubank

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              Just wondering can you name 1 fight in which 1 scorecards didn’t favour Canelo from popular opinion of how the fight played out

Gets almost shutout against Mayweather but given 6,4,3 rounds
              It's fair to say Canelo won 3 and at most 4 rounds although that's probably a stretch.

Most media / fans agree he lost to Lara even if you want to give it to Canelo you can’t guve more then 7 rounds , yet 1 judge gave him 9
              That is not the case. Most media and fans do NOT think Canelo lost to Lara. It was generous scoring, but the fight was extremely slow and disengaging as Lara did not box - he literally ran.

Most fans /media agree he lost the first Golovkin fight and at best a draw yet 1 judge gave him 10 rounds
              Canelo did not win 10 rounds against Gennady, but as I said the 3 judges who scored the fight (one of those judges was picked by Abel/GGG to judge the rematch) all gave Canelo 5 rounds...so finding 1-2 more rounds is far from impossible and I have gone on record saying Canelo won 1-4 and 10-12...am more than happy to discuss if interested

Most feel The Trout fight was close but one judge gave him 10 rounds
              Trout fight was close, Canelo did NOT win10 rounds. Most rounds Canelo could've been given was 8 although I thought it was 6-6 with the KD.

Before Khan lost his soul most felt he was winning yet 1 judge gave Canelo 4 of the first 5 rounds and was ahead on another
              I had Canelo ahead of Khan at the time of stoppage. It was literally the exact same fight as Danny Garcia. It's a myth that Khan was ahead of Danny or Canelo at the time of stoppage. Both guys were already timing Khan and landing every meaningful punch.

In the Cotto fight , Cotto got 1 round from 1 Judge and 2 from another definitely not indicative of how the fight played out
              I felt it was a close, but clear 7-5 fight and could've even been 8-4 for Canelo.

Canelos never in his career even had 1 card that didn’t favour him.
              Canelo has definitely been recipient of generous judging which is why I've said Canelo is NOT an ATG. He's a great fighter and takes on any opponent, but he's far from perfect..which I think adds to his entertainment value

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                It's fair to say Canelo won 3 and at most 4 rounds although that's probably a stretch.

That is not the case. Most media and fans do NOT think Canelo lost to Lara. It was generous scoring, but the fight was extremely slow and disengaging as Lara did not box - he literally ran.

Canelo did not win 10 rounds against Gennady, but as I said the 3 judges who scored the fight (one of those judges was picked by Abel/GGG to judge the rematch) all gave Canelo 5 rounds...so finding 1-2 more rounds is far from impossible and I have gone on record saying Canelo won 1-4 and 10-12...am more than happy to discuss if interested

Trout fight was close, Canelo did NOT win10 rounds. Most rounds Canelo could've been given was 8 although I thought it was 6-6 with the KD.

I had Canelo ahead of Khan at the time of stoppage. It was literally the exact same fight as Danny Garcia. It's a myth that Khan was ahead of Danny or Canelo at the time of stoppage. Both guys were already timing Khan and landing every meaningful punch.

I felt it was a close, but clear 7-5 fight and could've even been 8-4 for Canelo.

Canelo has definitely been recipient of generous judging which is why I've said Canelo is NOT an ATG. He's a great fighter and takes on any opponent, but he's far from perfect..which I think adds to his entertainment value
                Great Honest assessment

I agree with most of what you wrote with the exception of The Lara fight which Erislandy clearly won. The running myth is such BS yeah Lara won the early rounds used movement in the middle rounds when he got hurt then in the final rounds went right back to putting for Canelo

As for the Golovkin fights I can’t give Canelo 7 rounds in either 6 if you want to be generous and give him all the close rounds

And I’m not a fan but Canelo should get props for his willingness to fight anyone

But like you’ve pointed out the fact that every fight he gets the benefit and awarded more rounds then he should is some f.ucking BS

It’s like you need to win 10-12 rounds to get a Majority Decision against him and if you only win 7-9 you either get a draw or come up just short on the cards. You win 4-6 rounds youll be lucky to be awarded 3

Like WTF

Comment

Without a doubt yes. But having said that he still has several years to secure his legacy, and to be fair he is building a pretty solid resume. They hyped him to the moon, knowing they could milk a certain demographic, and it worked. I am still not convinced, because his biggest wins are not clear, fair and square results. They will give him all the plaudits, throw all the accolades at him, claim he is the best of his generation etc. But he will never be an ATG-level fighter. In any P4P type scenarios with a leveling playing field he doesn't stand a chance.

Comment

absolutely. tell me. what good fighter has he beaten without needing gift from judges????? lara should have won. trout fight should have been a draw at best. struggled against old way past prime bloated cotto. easily lost against ggg twice. even got a gift card against floyd hahahahahahahahahaha. what a joke. farce. he can only beat up subpar opposition.

so why does he get so much praise???? why does he get talked about like some legendary hof'er????? explain.

jacobs without a doubt will need a KO to win. canelo can lose easily and still win on teh cards. hahahahaha what a joke.
                    Here's something for you: What if....they're both great fighters and having a loss like Hagler did, Like Ali did, like Leonard did, and all the rest...what if we shouldn't be 21st century blind fanboys with Mayweather syndrome? Just cos a guy has a loss on his record does not mean he's not a great fighter.
                    FWIW, I am a big fan of both, really like GGG and both of these guys are easy on the eye. I wanted GGG to win but for me Canelo edged it in a close contest. It's only one opinion. They're both very good fighters who would do well in any era.

Comment

Great Honest assessment

I agree with most of what you wrote with the exception of The Lara fight which Erislandy clearly won. The running myth is such BS yeah Lara won the early rounds used movement in the middle rounds when he got hurt then in the final rounds went right back to putting for Canelo

As for the Golovkin fights I can’t give Canelo 7 rounds in either 6 if you want to be generous and give him all the close rounds

And I’m not a fan but Canelo should get props for his willingness to fight anyone

But like you’ve pointed out the fact that every fight he gets the benefit and awarded more rounds then he should is some f.ucking BS

It’s like you need to win 10-12 rounds to get a Majority Decision against him and if you only win 7-9 you either get a draw or come up just short on the cards. You win 4-6 rounds youll be lucky to be awarded 3

Like WTF
                      You're exaggerating how much help he gets, but he definitely gets preferential treatment.

Even if he lost Lara and both GGG fights it wasnt by more than 5-7...meaning draws in either of those fights wasnt unquestionable and definitely not a "robbery".

The problem for Canelo is the Draw card against Floyd, the 10-2 card in GGG1, and his crazy cards against Lara or Trout.

Canelo is clearly a great boxer because even if he lost to Lara, Trout, Cotto, or GGG...he was neck and neck with them the whole way.

I dont like judging corruption, but it's not something that's limited to Canelo.

Look at Deontay Wilder for example. He had insanely generous cards against Ortiz and Fury...before the KO against Ortiz Wilder was up on all 3 cards which, if you saw the fight, was outrageous. And the Fury fight couldve legitimately been 10-2 or 9-3 and probably at worst 8-4, but one guy has Wilder winning 8 rounds - which is honestly madness.

The best fighter today, in any order, are Loma, Crawford, and Usyk followed by guys like Inuoue, Mikey, and Rungvisai. The third rung of top fighters is Canelo, GGG, and A.J.

It's a good thing that Canelo is only 28 years old and we've got another 2-3 prime years of him and hes still actively fighting best avail opponents.

For contrast Errol Spence claims to be the best fighter in the world yet hes only fought a drained Kell Brook who was coming off his first loss, first stoppage, and reconstructive surgery..and that was 4-4 after 8 rounds. Now Errol is fighting a LW - how impressive...

At least the Canelo and Lomas and Mikeys and Usyks are fighting the best guys available during their prime. It's a food thing

Comment

Working...
                      X