Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Danny Garcia wins 'close, tricky fight' with Granados

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nusky View Post
    I love this matchup. This is one of those fights that you show to your friends and family that don't like boxing like that. I already see this turning into a certified brawl.

I like both these fighters, may the best man win.
    I agree that it will be fun while it lasts. DSG KTFO6 Granados.

Comment

Love watching Granados, dude is crazy. Danny is obviously the much better fighter technically, so he can outbox Granados and win a comfortable decision. He should also have plenty of opportunities to catch and hurt Granados with big shots. Granados has never been knocked out but a stoppage is a real possibility here in my opinion.
      I see Granados coming forward, trying to make it a dog fight and outworking Danny in some rounds. He isn't just a face-first, flat-footed caveman though, he can box a little. If he's getting caught too often in the exchanges, he may decide to stay on the outside and we will have a boxing match instead of the wild brawl everyone expects. This is an interesting fight because we know Granados is always game.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
        No he can't. The dude is scrappy as hell, but he's up against serious skill and power deficits with the top-shelf WWs. He can give a good scrap to Broner-level guys and even beat over-hyped prospects like Amir Imam (****ing dreadful defense), but that's about it. He's not going to threaten the elite WWs, so he should probably head back down to JWW. Regardless of which weight he fights at, he will get matched with all the top guys because he's a very beatable, crowd-pleasing fighter. He will get exposure and some good money, but he's going to own a real journeyman's record before he's done.
        They said the same thing about Mauricio Hererra when he fought Garcia. Look how that fight played out.

If that fight was in neutral grounds and not Puerto Rico, anyone could’ve taken the nod.
        Most likely Hererra. My opinion of course.
        Last edited by Casualfanforyou; 01-18-2019, 03:59 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Granados fights everyone tough so even if Danny does come out on top he will have to go through hell to do so.

Comment

Re

I am very certain of what's going to happen here ...

Granados has a tornado like offensive output, that plays right into the counter-punching prowess of Garcia.

This will very likely be the first time Granados gets viciously knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Casualfanforyou View Post
              They said the same thing about Mauricio Hererra when he fought Garcia. Look how that fight played out.

If that fight was in neutral grounds and not Puerto Rico, anyone could’ve taken the nod.
              Most likely Hererra. My opinion of course.
              Fair point.

Comment

Re

Porter didnt do much of that linebacker thing with Garcia . Or HE woulda been knocked out. He only got caught a couple times, a windmill right to the cheek...

Granados doesnt have that ability to adjust to a ranged boxing style. He is gonna try to steamroll Garcia, get timed, get rocked, and knocked out.

Comment

I thought Granados was normally a 140 pounder? This might be a cherry pick gone wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBricks View Post
                    Because the 3mill came with the guaranteed title shot.
                    Now he has nothing
                    It seems both Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter only want to fight Thurman. Neither seem to want to fight Spence or Crawford. Mikey Garcia makes those guys look bad. No cojones!

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                      It seems both Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter only want to fight Thurman. Neither seem to want to fight Spence or Crawford. Mikey Garcia makes those guys look bad. No cojones!
                      Have they ever been offered the same kind of money that Mikey is making to fight Spence?

Comment

Working...
                      X