Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Why Are So Many Boxing Fans Still Drawn To Adrien Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Lol... you should of took the conversation out of his zone.
    I legit was thinking of answering with "no but I do know Ray Robinson's & Jersey Joe Walcott's real name" cuz I hate giving a dumb answer about sports when I'd be an all star on the all boxing version of Jeopardy.

The effed up part is even if I knew how many rounds the playoffs were I'd been wrong still cuz I forgot they only won 1 game in the finals. So I'd have said 14 instead of 13 (the answer for any non-hockey dorks out there).

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
      broner is this generation’s mayorga. In that he’s the perfect opponent to match a top fighter up with in a tuneup/stay busy fight. Especially when you’re trying to sell a tuneup fight on ppv. He’s a recognizable name with enough credentials to be considered credible. Matched with the right guy, his style can be entertaining. His prefight antics will generate interest from casuals. And most important, he’s not a threat to beat any top fighter. Also, as this article highlights, he sees himself as a star and great fighter. So he doesn’t have an “opponent” mentality and comes to win.
      nailed it!

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
        THERE ARE FACTS, ATTENDANCE, VEIWERSHIP, ENDORSEMENTS...........SOME OF YOU HATE BECAUSE THATS HOW YOUR PARENTS RAISED YOU, ON HATE. DONT WORRY THE REAL WAR IS COMING. protect your daughters. some of us have beeeeeeeeeen waiting for these people.
        I'm not sure what your "tablets are broken, the rivers have parted" comment intends to imply.

But just a mere PAN of the arena the fight I cited that was held in would indicate it was NOT a sell out.

As I said. Oh and my parents raised me on "respect" so save your cliche "HATE".

"Cute" formatting

Comment

Because you don't have to be ****** to be a boxing fan, but it helps. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I legit was thinking of answering with "no but I do know Ray Robinson's & Jersey Joe Walcott's real name" cuz I hate giving a dumb answer about sports when I'd be an all star on the all boxing version of Jeopardy.

The effed up part is even if I knew how many rounds the playoffs were I'd been wrong still cuz I forgot they only won 1 game in the finals. So I'd have said 14 instead of 13 (the answer for any non-hockey dorks out there).
            ray's name was walker, joe luis was barron and walcott's was arnold cream, no wonder he changed it.

Comment

Broner fans can be found usually in small groups during late afternoon anf all night outside gas stations, liquor stores and 7 Eleven stores.

Just go to a city like Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Georgia etc.
              Look for the young, black males wearing pants around their ankles mumbling some weird inner city dialect.

Stay inside your car, do not open windows, keep engine running.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                walcott's was arnold cream, no wonder he changed it.
                When I found out JJW's real name as a kid I thought it sounded kinda cool for some reason, but upon getting a lil older it seems a obvious bad gay p#rn actors name.

"Arnold Cream in Butt Boys 17: The Butt Boys In Jamaica"
                (And obviously Jamaica is another guy not the island)

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                  Broner fans can be found usually in small groups during late afternoon anf all night outside gas stations, liquor stores and 7 Eleven stores.

Look for the young, black males wearing pants around their ankles mumbling some weird inner city dialect.

What state is the city of Georgia in???

Comment

Hard to see AB having any fans except Hectari after this no show.

Comment

Exactly, who are all these Broner fans I keep hearing about?

I'm from the hood, and I don't hear people talking about Adrien Broner or really boxing at all, unless it's Mayweather, but strangely, you get all these non-Black people who don't know any Black people claiming that we all just sit around fawning all over Broner, the Charlos, and Gervonta Davis., as if it isn't basketball & football season.

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post

Like this idiot, right here, who obviously doesn't know any Black people, yet assumes we all like Broner because he represents all the most negative attributes they assign to Black people.
                      Last edited by The D3vil; 01-20-2019, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X