Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs Finalized For May 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news. Finally a fight on DAZN to subscribe to in May! DAZN had to be pressuring Oscar to make this fight or vs GGG next. They badly need this

Comment

Originally posted by Kcvtr81 View Post
      I knew exactly why canelo fought Fielding, Danny j better let his hands go, this Will be a great fight
      Danny Jacobs is no punching bag there to pick up a check. make no mistake, Danny is well spoken and dressed but he is a mean, mean guy in the ring and he can fight. The one thing Canelo does have that Danny might struggle with are his angles, Canelo fights from weird angles, hits hard and he's hard to catch flush without getting caught flush in return.

PS, Charlo would have been an easier fight. My hat is off to Canelo.

Oh, and as for comparing this with the GGG fight...there is no comparison. As a mater of fact I would give the edge to Jacobs over GGG in a rematch
      Last edited by factsarenice; 01-17-2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Wonder if Golovkin sits on the shelf waiting for Canelo or throws himself back into the fire.

Andrade has a belt...

Comment

Originally posted by Masterclass775 View Post
          Da fuk? GGG can’t sell ***** either, if not for Canelo. ITS A super fight cuz Canelo is fighting. It’s an event no matter who he fights. This is a competitive fight in the eyes of many who thought canelo was trying to avoid jacons
          What the hell is wrong with you? It's a super fight because Canelo is fighting? So you though the Rocky Fielding fight was a super fight? Huh?

And GGG can damn well sell MUCH more than Jacobs. GGG has sold out coast to coast. Jacobs can't even sell out in his backyard.

Comment

Now we are talking .This is a great match up and Jacob's fully deserves it. Fair play to Canelo here , I thought he may have gone easier.

Comment

Canelo is the man respect to him

Comment

Wow, gingerbread man is finally going to fight a fighter in his prime. Good for both guys. I would pay to watch this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                  Wow, gingerbread man is finally going to fight a fighter in his prime. Good for both guys. I would pay to watch this fight.
                  Huh? Now Trout wasn't in his prime? Lara wasn't in his prime? GGG at least in his first fight wasn't in his prime? What the hell is this sh^t?

Comment

Will be at the sports bar for this one

Comment

The only other fighter I've ever picked Canelo to lose against was Mayweather.

Now I personally believe Lara beat him 7 rounds to 5, but the fight was close and I cannot argue with the decision as Canelo was the agressor and landed very good body shots. I just felt Lara was more effective, but it wasn't a bad decision by any means. Could've gone either way.

Had Canelo winning the first GGG fight 7 rounds to 5 but was ok with a draw or GGG 7-5 wouldn't have been a bad scorecard either. Also thought Canelo won the second fight 7 rounds to 5 but more convicingly this time around, no way GGG won that fight in my eyes. I wouldn't have been very happy with a draw either, it was clear to me.

With all this being said, I also believe Jacobs beat Golovkin 114-113 when they fought, but that ended up going the other way. It was close in my eyes, but I feel like Jacobs took it decisively. Didn't really like the decision but whatever.

In this fight however, I just don't see Canelo being able to beat Jacobs. I feel Canelo is the overall better fighter, but Jacobs peak level and style is all wrong for Canelo. Canelo is overall better, but Jacobs at his best can and will beat Canelo's best. I have Jacobs edging out a close decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X