No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Prepared To Win Purse Bid For Wilder-Fury Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SA96 View Post
    Hearn wouldn't stage the fight in the UK. DAZN would be putting in a bid for this and they would want this fight on prime time, not in the afternoon.
    I would have thought the original poster would have understood what DAZN/Matchroom USA would have been implying rather than simply Matchroom alone...

Comment

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t it Fast Eddie claiming the fight wouldn’t sell any at the gate and that no one would watch it? Seems to be singing a different tune since exactly the opposite happened. Fast Eddie still has his sites set on PBC fighters who are not signed to one promoter and or one of the 2 PBC channels

Comment

Like how everyone else that are heavy heaters in the bidding wars in boxing are already rulled out by boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
          They could decide not to fight, Wilder does his mandatory with Brazeale then runs it back with Fury.
          They could let Hearn win purse bid and both do a video dumping belt in trash and agreeing to fight without it slapping the wbc and Hearn both in the face and all the Hearn fanboys still looking for a fight to take place on April 13th

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
            This would be funny as hell. If this goes to purse bid and DAZN wins it, Hearn has them right where he wants them. He can win the purse bid and take the fight to Wembley for the April 13th date, no problem. Warren, Finkel and the rest would be mad as hell but there would be nothing they could do about it hahahahahaha. Oh man, I hope it goes to purse bid...

It’s not for the uk....it’s Matchroom USA which is funded by DAZN and would be in the USA. The fight gets ZERO subscribers and exposure for American fans (which is where the money is) happening in the uk. Dazn arnt idiots

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Surely more people would see it if it only cost $10 instead of $75?
              Would be more free subscriptions that’s cancel after the fight is over

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                No. Joshua and Fury are clear 1 & 2.
                No. Fury is the clear #1 while the #2/3 is debatable between Aj n Wilder. Fury over Wilder is a bigger win than Aj has gotten at this point in his career. It's tough to rate Aj higher when he hasn't faced either..you gotta compare resumes in these situations n how high their opposition was rated going into the fight. Don't get me wrong but Aj is very good. What's ironic is the #2/#3 in Wilder n Aj are holding Fury's belts

Comment

I’m not hating I’m simply declaring the irony. Isn’t it amusing how things have changed rewind back to all Hearns interviews before the fury wilder I and then after the fight. It was negative and suspiciously defensive and now they want to compete in a purse bid ... now if you don’t find that funny

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    Hearn is either trolling or desperate.
                    He has the current king of boxing in both importance and commercial viability. He drives a Bentley.

He has made genuine offers which prove Wilder and Shirley are ducking. He proved it.

You, on the other hand, are sitting in your underwear in your Mom's basement, and you take he bus when you travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Jab View Post
                      No. Fury is the clear #1 while the #2/3 is debatable between Aj n Wilder. Fury over Wilder is a bigger win than Aj has gotten at this point in his career. It's tough to rate Aj higher when he hasn't faced either..you gotta compare resumes in these situations n how high their opposition was rated going into the fight. Don't get me wrong but Aj is very good. What's ironic is the #2/#3 in Wilder n Aj are holding Fury's belts
                      Wilder beating the #2 doesn't leapfrog the #1. That's why Joshua is still universally recognised as the #1 by every boxing site.

Comment

Working...
                      X