Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Feels Garcia is 'Going Too Far' in Facing Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
    Probably a medical insurance plan.
    All boxers should have that plan. Getting punched in your head for a living has been known to give brain damage and worse.

Comment

This should be a damm good fight. I can't say who, but can't say anything bad about the position errol and mikey are in. This fight should've stayed in their respective weight classes and fought their respective no.1 opponents. Imo....

Comment

Spence is something like Brook years ago. Unbeaten 147 ww champ with not really good resume.

Well, at least Brook never fought much smaller guys.

Spence is nothing but a hype job.

Comment

I can't help but think that Malignagi like so many observers are giving too much credit to Spence's skills and power. He has not beat anyone at the highest level, except for Kell Brook and that W comes under much speculation over weather or not Brook's repaired skull was the determining factor. If you look closely, Spence is mostly only able to land big power shots on opponents who don't move much or linger on the ropes a bit much, not experienced enough. I don't see Spence landing power shots off of fainting and trapping opponents or using fast combinations. He unloads with almost every single shot and often throws a lazy jab. There's room for an experienced fighter to work with in Spence's style. I believe Mikey to be more experience and skilled but the big factor here is the size.

Comment

Comment

If you look at Floyd, who could have made 140 without too much trouble, fighting Canelo at 152, one would think that is a long shot too. Canelo was younger than Spence is now, but had more experience.

Not saying Mikey is as good of a boxer as Floyd, but there was a size difference that meant nothing. Skill was the key, and Floyd was 36 years old.

I would be shocked if Mikey can pull it off, but know it is a possibility since it is boxing. I see Spence wearing him down to the point that Mikey's corner throws in the towel.

What if Mikey out-boxes him for lets say 6-8 rounds and gets his nose or ribs broke and it goes to the cards kind of like Salido? To me that is his only real chance of winning.

Comment

Working...
              X