Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true some Cuban amateurs defected Cuba rather than face GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a degenerate ignorant.

They didn't defect to escape Castro's communist ****hole. Nope. They ran away from their country and family to not face GGG. Yup.

Boxing is not for geylords like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      No no no, I, ME, I am not saying there is a casual relationship. Kenny Porter absolutely was. I only quoted from halfway through his quote or his Q&A. Watch from the beginning he is asked how good was GGG, he talks about how good he was in the amateurs, then he said even the Cubans, one time in '07, they defected, so yeah, GGG was really good. The whole thing was about GGG, and how good GGG was, and he brought up Cubans defecting as an example of how good GGG was. So he was definitely saying that. He probably just had bad info but he definitely said it. Im trying to get to the bottom of it but people are hating on me just for bringing it up.
      I interpret it differently... it's like Kenny is talking about GGG but then goes off says says something like 'I wish I talked to those guys back then - even the cubans' then goes off on a bit of a tangent or loses his thread reminiscing about the Cubans disappearing (I think he may have been about to launch into an anecdote or something about the Cubans but then realised he was going off topic), then goes back to talking about GGG. Like I say Golovkin was finished in the Ams by the time of the Cuban defections anyway, so it makes no sense to me why he'd even think that... and if he did? Hell. Well we're all entitled to our opinions and I usually respect Kenny's when it comes to boxing, but that would just be plain wrong.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-17-2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X