No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Haymon Only Promoter Who Won't Work With Others

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pugil1st View Post
    Arum did the same thing. Only had his fighters fighting each other which is why you got Bradley vs Pacman 3 F***ING TIMES!!!

EXACTLY !

Bob " in-house " Arum..... strikes again

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
      Did Wilder, one of PBC biggest stars, fight a Warren fighter just last month in a voluntary fight that was 50/50? I don't see Arum in a rush to put Gilberto's belt on the line with one of PBC's 168lb guys. Or send Shakur over to fight any PBC 126lb guys either.

uh-huh, yessir..... he sure did !

Comment

It does seem really hard to get a fight with an Al Haymon fighter unless the promoter for both fighters is Al Haymon. He does seem to be one of the biggest culprits in the strangulation of Boxing in America.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
          It does seem really hard to get a fight with an Al Haymon fighter unless the promoter for both fighters is Al Haymon. He does seem to be one of the biggest culprits in the strangulation of Boxing in America.

only if you have been following boxing for less than 5 minutes

no idea why you needed to say that ???

Arum has been manufacturing " beefs " and running his in-house operations since LOOOOONG before PBC even existed

who Arum is willing to work with, is determined by how threatened by them he feels at that point in time

Bob will work with the small promoters, but nobody big unless it significantly benefits him

don't fall for the bullshlt man, this goes back decades

look for a Hearn " beef " in the immediate/near future

Comment

All of these managers and promoters are using the same business tactics. Some more often than others. Thats why we're not consistently getting the fights we want.

But consider the irony. Bob is the queen of in-house fights. If you look back on his company's track record(especially in the last 15-20yrs) a lion's share of the notable fights have been between top rank fighters exclusively.

On top of that you've sued Haymon in the past and now that he's got most of the name fighters (and the juice that comes along with it), you wanna keep throwing these hissy fits. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA You reap what you sow dumba$$.

You have good fighters like Loma and Crawford but can't get them the big fights that will catapult them to superstar/ppv status. You have other good fighters like Eleider and teofimo but they're either older and simply don't have widespread appeal or they're young and still making they're way to contender status.

Face it you old F--- you're stuck for the time being. Do what you can with what you have and stop b----ing.

Comment

...says the man who built top rank by keeping things in house

Bob is 87 years old so maybe his memory is not as good as it use to be which is understandable but lets be honest, it is not Haymon job to find Crawford quality opponents but Arum is basically blaming him for his fighters not having many options. Admit it BOB, YOU NEED Haymon to make big fights! Bashing him every chance you get is not going to help with that. His fighters don't "NEED" Crawford. Now as a BOXING FAN FIRST, I'm not happy with Cold Wars, it is bad for boxing as a fan because it keeps us from getting the fights we want right away. HOWEVER, from Haymon standpoint with people consistently throwing stones and trying poach his fighters and all that stuff I would let them all suffer for a while
              Last edited by sicko; 01-16-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                2 questions I have:

1. Why is dual broadcasting such a big deal ? It's such a rarity that it's almost unheard of. I understand that networks would get less viewers but if the fight isnt ppv, how are they losing money? The way I see it the deal should be, you pay your guy to fight on your network, we'll pay our guy to fight on ours, & the viewers can decide which channel they wanna watch on. Everybody wins the end.

2. Why is it that when promoters make offers for fights with PBC fighters they not only turn them down, they never even try to negotiate or make a counter offer to get the fght made? The response is usually "no thanks, I make more than that over here". If that's true then why not try to negotiate that when you're offered fights outside the PBC stable? If they're all their own bosses (they're not) then they don't need their "advisor's" permission.
                If a fight isn't offered as a joint promotion, the rival promoter must offer enough money that the revenue losses that aren't reflected in purses is recouped. The I make more over here is a negotiation response. Its then up to the offerer to raise the offer.

The PBC construct allows fighters to promote themselves if they so choose. That opens up other revenue streams that help offset tax implications. The majority of the conflicts in making fights with PBC fighters lies within that realm as Bob typically wants all of those revenue streams for himself.

Comment

Boxing promoters are hurting boxing. They appear to be the center of attraction instead of boxers. In-house fights is not good for the sports

Comment

Boxing promoters are hurting boxing. They appear to be the center of attraction instead of boxers. Worse, loyalist-fans urge them on. In-house fights is not good for the sports. Mindset change is what promoters need

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      I can think of 120 million (annually) reasons why PBC fighters need to fight through their respective platforms.

This is nothing but sour grapes here.

Arum is salty because, in the end, he lost the arms race.
                      Looks like they both won. Arum has 60 million+ reasons (annually) why his fighters need to fight on espn and with a roster less than half the size
                      of PBC with 30 dates vs PBC and their 38-40 dates, TR can keep their guys more active and happier.

Both sides won. That’s why guys like Alvarez, Bererbiev and Rivas made the move from PBC to TR.

There are pros and cons to each side. All comes down to the contract offered to each fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X