Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz could fight for 140-pound title in 2019, Says Gomez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz could fight for 140-pound title in 2019, Says Gomez

Junior welterweight Vergil Ortiz could be a champion sometime in 2019, ultimately competing at as high at 154 pounds later on in his career, said Golden Boy president Eric Gomez. "Vergil's campaigning at 140 and he's on the verge of being ready for a title shot. We're not targeting one specific champion but any opportunity that's out there. We're hoping we can get him to challenge for a title this year," said Gomez of Ortiz.
    [Click Here To Read More]

At first glance I thought it said Victor Ortiz. Almost fell out of my chair.

Comment

Another kid that is more deserving of hype than Ryan Garcia

Comment

I cant wait to see how 140 plays out in 2019 and 2020! Ramirez, Hooker, Linares, Subiel Matias, Anthony Yigit, Teofimo Lopez, Vergil Ortiz, and all that talent currently fighting in the WBSS Tournament! Is there a better division in boxing? Plus I think Easter Jr. is moving that way too! Lindo Delgado, I see you!
        Last edited by Bronx2245; 01-15-2019, 07:09 PM.

Comment

GBP should try to get Ulysse Jr a shot at Hooker instead

Comment

A lot of talent at 140 lbs.

Comment

This kid is by far the best 140 pounder.

Comment

RGBA is gonna have a prob with both Ramirez (Champ) & now V. Ortiz emerging as a future star in the same division

Comment

Golden Boy's best prospect by far. Going to be a world champ soon.

Comment

heavy handed vergil is real good. hungry, disciplined and humble patiently waiting to see him develop more and more. early 20s and is going to get bigger and stronger as his body mature. future is bright for the kid.

Comment

Working...
                    X