Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Manny were to fight and beat Spence would he outrank Floyd P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    I'll play, then it's on to watch the Cowboys game.

Head to head is indeed a huge criteria. Especially when you talk about the 2 best fighters of their generation. 2 fighters that were still at the top of everyone's p4p list.

As far as Roy goes, he went back down in weight to fight Tarver and won. Lost the next fight and was well past it. But we can go ahead

Roy was nowhere near who he was after the Ruiz fight. Not against any of his fights against Tarver, win or lose. Not against Lebedev, Calzaghe, the 2nd Hopkins fight or even his wins against Trinidad or Bobby Gunn.

As a boxing fan, it should be easy for anyone to distinguish the difference between what I initially said and the examples you gave.

As far as being past prime goes... Floyd has always been older, Floyd defeated a few foes both fought before Manny. Their styles didn't change much from 2010-2015. Outside of TKO6, Manny was still THE MAN behind Floyd at WW. IDC if the judges gave Tim the decision.

Now, you can reply or not. You can try to troll and bring up Roy vs Enzo or Danny Greebn, but as a boxing fan, I think we both know it's easy to distinguish what I'm speaking about.

Thanks. GO COWBOYS!!
    Manny was not the same after being kod by Marquez. Or are the excuses only a available for Roy?

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
      Manny was not the same after being kod by Marquez. Or are the excuses only a available for Roy?
      How bout this. You are ABSOLUTELY correct. Manny never defeated Bradley twice after that. Nor did he man handle Algieri, Matthyse or beat Vargas.

He was simply doing what Roy did by fighting and losing. And losing just like RJJR was.

You win this discussion. Since KTFO6, Manny has looked just like Roy did after moving back down from HW. CONGRATS

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
        I doubt this fight ever happens but if it did and Manny beats Spence would he surpass Floyd on the p4p rankings?
        He would need to clean out the WW and beat canelo to pass floydie

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          Manny's p4p victories

Morales
          Barrera
          Jmm

Mayweathers p4p victories

Corrales
          Canelo
          Hatton
          Jmm
          Pacquiao
          Larry my boy quit putting JMM in there
          He went up TWO WEIGHT classes and was cheated on the scales

Comment

How bout this. You are ABSOLUTELY correct. Manny never defeated Bradley twice after that. Nor did he man handle Algieri, Matthyse or beat Vargas.

He was simply doing what Roy did by fighting and losing. And losing just like RJJR was.

You win this discussion. Since KTFO6, Manny has looked just like Roy did after moving back down from HW. CONGRATS
            Its not about winning or losing. Just be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
              Its not about winning or losing. Just be consistent.
              It's not about winning or losing? Isn't this thread based on if Manny beats Spence? I broke down my side of this discussion. You refuted none of it. Came back with nothing in return but slick comments that got broken down.

How about this.. give me a legit breakdown as to why you think Manny would outrank Floyd. Or if he does in your opinion, as to why

Comment

Today’s version of Pacquiao would struggle against Spence or Crawford big time but a 2010 Pacman would beat any of the elite welterweights of today in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                  he already surpass floyd. I think he will become a FOTD again if he fight and beat Spence this year.
                  And that's what Mayweather fans are really afraid of!

Comment

Lol Floyd beat Pac.

Pac is not in discussion.

Comment

It's not about winning or losing? Isn't this thread based on if Manny beats Spence? I broke down my side of this discussion. You refuted none of it. Came back with nothing in return but slick comments that got broken down.

How about this.. give me a legit breakdown as to why you think Manny would outrank Floyd. Or if he does in your opinion, as to why
                      Its not about winning or losing an argument as you stated. Again, why is Roy Jones the only fighter to get an excuse?

Comment

Working...
                      X