Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi on Pacquiao-Broner: 'It's a Very Tricky Fight'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The punches Paulie took are finally catching up to him......

Comment

Originally posted by BeLikeWater View Post
      Malignaggi is in a very tough spot here because on the one hand he is deathly jealous of Pacquiao and on the other hand broner took his belt, and his girl..
      He's hatred for pac will override the fact that Broner took his female.

Comment

Nothing tricky about it. Pacquiao is a better more consistent fighter. He trainer harder than Broner. He tries to win harder than Broner. He has more heart than Broner. Pacquiao should win by throwing over twice as many punches as Broner. Broner could win but it's very unlikely. They have a common opponent in Jessie Vargas and Pacquiao easily beat Vargas while Broner was held to a draw.

Comment

Paulie just wants to convince himself this is true because he basically had a draw with Broner. Pacquiao is way too many levels above Broner. Broner’s levels below guys like Danny Garcia and Porter he’s lucky he gets TV fights.

Comment

True indeed. I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Fight is gonna look similar to the Garcia fight. Only difference is he wont be able to touch Pac as much as he did Garcia and then straight left is gonna be working all night

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                Broner has the style, the speed, and the chin to make this an exciting and winnable fight. The problem is, I have never witnessed Broner come into a fight with a serious fight strategy. He strictly depends on his ability. And if that’s not working, there is no plan B. Manny makes a lot of fundamental mistakes in the ring. He’s not as fast or quick as in the past either. And because he’s never truly developed his right hook, he is now tailor made for Broner. It’s hard to go against Manny, but I’m picking an upset in a classic type fight that will lead to an even bigger rematch.
                This one here is still drunk from last night. I like the new Broner that fought Vargas, seem to have a bit more activity but no version of Broner is good enough to beat even this past it Manny. Manny doesn't need a right hook to beat Broner. He does a lot if subtle things that you dont even see cos people think hes only looking for his straight left. Go back and watch Mannys fight. Best of all, the post KO Pac controls range better than anyone and Broner, well he will get befuddled once he starts getting tagged. There are levels to this ish and even at this faded juncture, Manny is still at least two levels above Broner

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                  Broner has the style, the speed, and the chin to make this an exciting and winnable fight. The problem is, I have never witnessed Broner come into a fight with a serious fight strategy. He strictly depends on his ability. And if that’s not working, there is no plan B. Manny makes a lot of fundamental mistakes in the ring. He’s not as fast or quick as in the past either. And because he’s never truly developed his right hook, he is now tailor made for Broner. It’s hard to go against Manny, but I’m picking an upset in a classic type fight that will lead to an even bigger rematch.
                  Manny may not be thee same but its hard to see Pac lose to someone who looks bad against even c level fighters and gets gift decisions. Broner should have way more loses then he has and the fighters he struggled against would get annihilated by even a 50 year old Pac.

Comment

Mannys angles alone should be the difference. Broner is as one dimensional as they come. He just waits for the counter pretty much all fight

Even if Broner does have a KD or two.

Manny of old would probably stop him within 2-5, like hard stoppage, messy.

Comment

Working...
                    X