Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Wants First Title Shot To Be Against Warrington

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Wants First Title Shot To Be Against Warrington

Southpaw Shakur Stevenson wants his first title shot to be against IBF 126-pound champion Josh Warrington in the latter's home country of The United Kingdom, the undefeated 21-year-old 2016 Olympic silver medalist told host Nestor Gibbs during a recent edition of Tha Boxing Voice podcast.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This match up could potentially be hell for Stevenson. You better take on a pressure fighter beforehand to prepare for Warrington who has looked like a machine in his last two fights. Selby nor Frampton were able to keep him off of them and Stevenson isn't the biggest of punchers either. Does he have the skills to win? Sure, but I can't imagine TR throws him in against Warrington anytime soon. Early 2020 the earliest.

Comment

Wrong pick imo...Warrington will mean alot of trouble for an inexperienced fighter.

Comment

Josh will overwhelm Stevenson
        Shakur is making the wrong choice
        Too green and inexperienced to be challenging Warrington just yet

Comment

This question isn't related to Stevenson, but do you guys think Warrington has a chance in beating Oscar Valdez? I feel like we're getting that fight in May should their schedules allow

Comment

Would be an interesting fight but, an earlier comment hit it nails on. Stevenson needs some distance fights. If he doesn't take his opponent out early a guy like Warrington who is in such great condition can overwhelm a younger inexpeienced fighter late. No matter where their skill level or talent might be. Stevensen could make for some good matchups now and he is going to just get better. A fight like this could be better later on or next year.

Comment

I don't see anything special about Shakur. Maybe he will dazzle as he grows later you never know.

Comment

It took the European boys 12 rounds to dispose of Viorel Simion. It took Shakur 1 round.

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
                  This question isn't related to Stevenson, but do you guys think Warrington has a chance in beating Oscar Valdez? I feel like we're getting that fight in May should their schedules allow
                  I'd favor Warrington. Not even sure how Valdez will look after coming back from a broken jaw. Dude already took a lot of punishment as it was. Warrington's toughest challenges will be GRJ and LSC, both who I would favor over him. But he is live against both of them.

Comment

Top Rank has a Featherweight for Stevenson, Christpher Diaz, Puerto Rican boxer from Philly! He's 24-1 w/16 KOs and he' supposed to fight Jessie Magdaleno in March! Only loss was to Masayuki Ito. Philly vs. Newark, can't miss! Make It Happen!

Comment

Working...
                    X