Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question. If Mayweather gave Canelo a rematch, what would the ppv buys be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s a legitimate fight at 154 that would sell sht load. Floyd deserves alot of credit if he were to comeback for a fight like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
      The current ppv record is 4.6 million buys.
      There is no money in that fight. Canelo isn't a big star and everyone knows he got dubious decisions. Him using steroids doesn't help. No one in boxing can produce high PPV for Floyd which is why he wants does crossover events. There need to be some intrigue.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        Lol like I said he’ll never do 2M without Floyd name attached to it. Floyd has several ppvs (ones he promoted) over 2M and other big numbers like 1.5 million for the Cotto and Mosley fights. How much did Canelo sell against Cotto? That Fight didn’t even crack 1M PPV buys in a Mexico vs Puerto Rico rivalry. Obviously Floyd is the bigger draw and you sound delusional trying to argue it. I’m tired about hearing about all these different “versions” of Canelo he’s the same fighter. Same Canelo who went a boring 12 rounds with a weight drained zombie JccJr. Soft punching jr welterweight Amir Khan was outboxing him and leading on a couple of the score cards. Floyd chin is 100times better than Khans. Floyd by UD Canelo too slow/flat footed and of course Floyd would actually have a real training camp for this fight unlike McGregor and Tenshin. Didn’t McGregor come in as a Light Heavyweight 175-180 and got walked down?
        Floyd by UD Canelo too slow/flat footed. Canelo couldn’t even hurt a old washed up 36yr old Mayweather. Mayweather is just the better boxer bigger star nothing to be ashamed of.
        Not going to argue with you about drawing power, we know Floyd is king. But don’t pretend Floyd drew all those alone. We know what happens when he fights a non Pac, non Oscar, Non Canelo, non Conor. Nothing wrong with admiting that Floyd sells less than 400k ppvs on his best day against a no hoper without a big name. No one can. But...No one is talking about drawing power. Just fighting in this day and age. Floyd most definitely had a camp against Conor. Can’t disagree with Tenshin though. Dude looked old in there.

If you think Floyd would beat Canelo or any top fighter in their prime right now, that’s nice to think that way. The real world would disagree wirh you. This isnt an old pac, old Shane, old Oscar, 21 year old Canelo.

We’re talking about PRIME fighters in an ancient Floyd. It’s nice to dream, but it’ll never happen and there’s nothing wrong with a very old retired fighter losing to a fighter in their prime. To deny it is honestly like listening to a kid tell us how much stronger their dad is than everyone.

We *all* know how you’re going to lean when it comes to Floyd, even in 20 years, so we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Fair play to you if you really truly think he’s got it in him because even he knows father time has gotten him.
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 01-03-2019, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Because Wilder won rounds dude. He had 2 KD's. Canelo had nothing of the sort. You can't possibly think Wilder had as bad a performance as Canelo and this is from someone that had Fury winning.

I had Wilder winning 3-4 rounds I believe. 2 of which, again, he had KD's which are 10-8 rounds.

Agree on your previous post about camp, but I think he did have a decent camp for Conor. Too much riding on that. Tenshin I dont think he trained at all.

Wilder outside of the knockdowns did significantly worse against Fury than Canelo did against Floyd.

Been a while since I saw that schooling, but Canelo won some and at least seemed to belong. He did better than Pac (whatever that’s worse as he got schooled too)

Wilder looked horrendous. He didn’t look like he belonged in the same class as him..hell, he didn’t look like he belonged on the same CARD as him. I have been rooting for Wilder for years and thought he was going to dominate and stop him but there’s a STRONG argument people can make that he didnt win a single round outside the KDs.

I don’t know why you guys are arguing though on who did better against different fighters in different divisions that have different pacing and everything lol.

One guy lost to THE Floyd as a “green youngster” at a catch weight.

The other (should have) lost to a recently retired, obese mental patient while himself being at the height of his career and “prime”.

Anything other than a Wilder win was going to be horrible..and..thats exactly how it turned out.

How’s it a debate?

:|

Wilder did so bad that even with the two KDs people were outraged at the “robbery” including (ironically) Floyd.

Comment

Working...
          X