No announcement yet.

If wilder loses to fury will he retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
    I'm not so sure. Fury should beat Wilder in a rematch, if it happens.

Looking at Wilder's career do date, he can cherry pick his way back into a title-shot after 18-24 months.
    He’s can’t cherry pick to a title if AJ and fury are the kings

Maybe the “regular” belt

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
      He’s can’t cherry pick to a title if AJ and fury are the kings

Maybe the “regular” belt
      Yeah, thats a good call.

The only thing that I see happening to Wilder is that his rhetoric will completely change. He will 100% take a flat fee to fight Joshua.

I've said a few times before that Wilder's worst enemy is himself. I prefer HW's to be all fight and no mouth, hence why I live Joshua. Once the belt is gone, better to have been humble before otherwise you end up looking like a complete bell-end.

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
        Yeah, thats a good call.

The only thing that I see happening to Wilder is that his rhetoric will completely change. He will 100% take a flat fee to fight Joshua.

I've said a few times before that Wilder's worst enemy is himself. I prefer HW's to be all fight and no mouth, hence why I live Joshua. Once the belt is gone, better to have been humble before otherwise you end up looking like a complete bell-end.
        I don’t think the guy becomes a journeyman but if he loses the fury his options is AJ and he loses the fight too. Sometimes the top level guys if they know they can’t win a title and have millions in the bank just retire

Comment

hard to call fury elite, given his best win is a 39 year old man, after which....

but wilder looked awful against him, its got be agreed. If Fury had stayed on his feet, it would have been case closed. Perhaps if Fury hadnt clowned about wasting his tank, that might have kept him on his feet. If Fury had the ability to maintain his concentration he'd have not got floored, and would have won outright.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            Fury's people are obviously concerned with Deontay Wilder. They don't want an immediate return rematch with him. They are worried about Fury because they don't want no smoke from the "Bronze Bomber" Deontay Wilder at this time.
            100% this. Fury didn't expect that fight to be as tough as it was. Wilder almost knocked him cold and put him in a coma, they never thought Fury could be knocked down so brutally. Look how excited Fury was after the fight, almost like he was just happy to walk out of that ring alive. I believe Fury and his team fear for his life in a rematch. They want no part of it.

Comment

Am sure him and Fury would rematch even if he loses. His profile has just risen on the back of the Fury fight so i doubt losing right now means he would retire.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                hard to call fury elite, given his best win is a 39 year old man, after which....

but wilder looked awful against him, its got be agreed. If Fury had stayed on his feet, it would have been case closed. Perhaps if Fury hadnt clowned about wasting his tank, that might have kept him on his feet. If Fury had the ability to maintain his concentration he'd have not got floored, and would have won outright.
                Even if Fury wasn't knocked down in the final round they would still score it a draw. These judges have a way of writing their scorecard to suit the scoring that is required.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                  He’s already been exposed at the elite level as a novice windmilling puncher so once his 0 officially is gone when not even a corrupt judge can save him should he retire?

If he can’t hang at the top and makes say 10 mil against fury why risk becoming the next Michael grant
                  Can’t tell, may be he retires, but if he can generate a minimum of $1,000,000 per fight, I think he will keep on fighting until he is shot to hell.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
                    100% this. Fury didn't expect that fight to be as tough as it was. Wilder almost knocked him cold and put him in a coma, they never thought Fury could be knocked down so brutally. Look how excited Fury was after the fight, almost like he was just happy to walk out of that ring alive. I believe Fury and his team fear for his life in a rematch. They want no part of it.
                    Are you kidding me? This is as bad as any of the Wilder excuses. Fury WON the fight. It was nearly as easy as beating Klitschko.

If it was such a brutal knock down, why did he get back up and win the round?!?!? Everyone saw the look on Wilders face when Fury got up...he knew he'd lost. Everyone saw the look on Wilders face after the fight...he knew he'd been beaten so easily against a guy who'd only just come back into the ring after getting off the coach that was covered in coke!

The lucky one is Wilder. The reason why Fury was happy is because the entire world of boxing knows that Fury just pissed all over Wilder's parade. Wilder cherry picked Fury because he thought that he could use Fury's 'lineal' title to get a better bargaining position against Joshua...and it BACKFIRED MASSIVELY. Fury should be the WBC Champion right now. Wilder is lucky that Fury is even considering fighting that fake.

Comment

It may depend on if he remains a draw after losing, but if someone becomes undisputed, a belt or two will undoubtedly be vacated as the mandatories pile up, so he can definitely pick up a belt again.

Comment

Working...
                      X