Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errol spence wants to fight ggg! "i'll beat gennady golovkin! Yeah man!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting at 160 would be 13 less pounds that Spence has to cut to make weight. Which would mean he would be less drained and stronger. Also, GGG is getting older so this fight could be interesting.

However, we saw how GGG's power broke Brook down in 5 rounds, then 8 months later, Brook moved back down to 147 and was able to go 11 rounds with Spence.

If this fight happens in 2019 or 2020, it's a close back and forth for the first 6 rounds, but then GGG's power starts to take it's toll on Spence and he gets stopped in the 8th or 9th round.

Comment

Comment

few things here

1st. Lil G hasnt "murdered" any elite fighter
        2. as South Champion pointed out..its less that spence has to cut...most of u guys were saying hes a jr mw to MW anyway...so why cant he be ok there?
        3. yeah spences style would tell you that its not a good one to try when youre moving up...but you dont have to stalk a guy and knock him out with a shot or two....they can accumulate and if spence can stalk and do work effectively without staying in harms way too long...he can do damage and win rounds

id still favor golovkin obviously right now.....but its not crazy to think spence could be competitive

Comment

PBC fighters saying the darnedest things.
          Don't these clowns realize that GGG is no longer with HBO and is a free agent?
          "Won't happen, anyways, he's on the wrong side of the street."
          Again, like Charlo, he's backed by powerful Haymon, SHO and FOX.
          Why not tell uncle Al to make the fight for you, instead of just yapping?
          GGG is homeless, he's living in the streets doe. HELLOOOO!
          Last edited by rickJen; 02-01-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Today’s version of GGG would still beat Spence imo. Spence vs Hurd is the fight i wanna see.

Comment

Spence is an offensive force.

No one is strong enough to really trade with him at WW.

But he has poor defense. No head movement and his feet are always firmly planted. If someone like GGG hit Spence cleanly, he would knock him out. Someone who doesn't move their head and planted like a rock, is going to get devastated. Spence doesn't ride with shots at all.

It wouldn't be a difficult fight for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Murderopolis View Post
                Spence is an offensive force.

No one is strong enough to really trade with him at WW.

But he has poor defense. No head movement and his feet are always firmly planted. If someone like GGG hit Spence cleanly, he would knock him out. Someone who doesn't move their head and planted like a rock, is going to get devastated. Spence doesn't ride with shots at all.

It wouldn't be a difficult fight for GGG.
                These are valid points, but everyone that's spared with Spence says this is a flawed view of his real skillset. They all State that he hasn't fought anyone that has forced him to fight off his back foot and show his defensive skill set. Floyd can hit anyone and he stated that Spence is a very complete and adaptable fighter. Other Middleweights have stated without hesitation that he is the hardest puncher they've been in with. Notice I didn't say Jr Middleweights.

So I say all of that to say that GGG looks old from a long reign and a lot of hard training. He couldn't pay Canelo back in their last fight and that's not the GGG we know. Outside of training, Spence is just as big if not bigger than Canelo. In fact, I'd rather see Spence vs Canelo. Now that is the real mega fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dontbeahater View Post
                  Spence can make 147...i don't see the problem with it. Can you explain why it's an issue if he can make the weight?
                  The problem here is Spence is a weight bully. Bigger guys beating up on smaller guys takes less talent. Brandon Rios for instance, shítty fighter but had a good career because he contstantly shrank down to beat up on smaller meat. Adrien Broner, same thing. His big wins are against midgets.

Remember Gavin Reese??

That's bullshít, Gavin looks like a newborn Keebler Elf. We saw what happened to Broner when he fougbt in his natural weight class, he been losing. Broner sucks at his own weight. Do you see where we're going with this?

He/they been abusing the system. Boxing aficionado's like myself are interested in watching elite level talent. If you a champ, you better BE a champ and not a chimp because I been in it long enough to know the difference.

In the Ams, the WW limit (the class Spence fought in) is 141-152 (69kg) and trust me when I say 99% of Am's WW's are right at the limit (152) - thats JMW man. He been fighting at 2lbs shy of the JMW weight (69kg) since at least since 2006 and probably further back. That's 13 years and if you look at his pro record he's got 14 fighters over the WW limit of 147. Fighters move up man, not down. Fighters that move down are looking for free meals.

There are a ton of fighters taking PED's to cut weight. Look at recent Boxing history of doping catches and you'll see a massive number of diuretics and other drugs that keep you lean.
                  Last edited by McNulty; 02-02-2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tatot View Post
                      Today’s version of GGG would still beat Spence imo. Spence vs Hurd is the fight i wanna see.
                      GGG looked old in Canelo 2. He's aging fast Spence might have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X