No announcement yet.

Does Dillian Whyte deserve another shot and Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    He got up before the ten count and finished the fight while most thought he got a decision. All that on the back of a very lengthy layoff. I feel pretty certain that Fury has more then proven his value. If you disagree, that's fine but I would say that the census opinion is definitely on my side.
    he got up against wilder, that's pretty fine and most people including me think he won the fight.
    That aside, he was under less cos he was the challenger with many excuses on his side in case he looses.

But the fact is fury has never defended a belt so far in his career. We don't need to argue about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
      yeah, because you are beginning to sound like a wilder fan girl.
      You want to credit wilders win to discredit wlad win.

And everybody knows that
      wlad >>>> Ortiz.
      Nobody argues that, not even a ******.
      Lol! I didn't say anything about Ortiz. Who the F are you talking to? I think you're confused in your troll quest.
      Last edited by Boxing Goat; 01-04-2019, 09:09 AM.

Comment

he got up against wilder, that's pretty fine and most people including me think he won the fight.
        That aside, he was under less cos he was the challenger with many excuses on his side in case he looses.

But the fact is fury has never defended a belt so far in his career. We don't need to argue about that.
        What does that have to do with how good he is? Absolutely nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          no one wants that rematch right now.
          Exactly! Thank you very much!

Comment

• Whyte quite probably does deserve a title shot but like many others, I'm not at all interested in seeing him against Joshua again and certainly won't be paying for it. I'd much rather see him against Wilder or even Fury because he hasn't fought them before and think that it would give us a clearer idea of how good he is. I've got my doubts about Whyte being good enough to be one of the top HW boxers out there... while he has amassed wins over the last few years (including a couple of really good KO') and obviously developed a lot as a fighter, I think he is just that... a fighter and hasn't really fought top level guys.
            In my view he loses to Fury (Fury simply out boxes him) and Joshua (he is just too powerful as well as being the better boxer), so the only one of the top three that I'm unsure about it Wilder... In my view and despite his improvements as a top HW, Whyte is still to easy to hit and I think if Parker can knock him down then Wilder can certainly get a KO. With that being said though, Whyte can take a punch (look at AJ vs Whyte) and has some firepower of his own... not to mention being mentally tough, so if he can survive a Wilder onslaught, it could be interesting. Also for the record, when Usyk acclimates at HW I think he beats Whyte handily too.
            If we have to see Whyte and Joshua again, let it be after Joshua vs Wilder and Fury vs Whyte - providing all the starts align, of course.

Comment

Lol! I didn't say anything about Ortiz. Who the F are you talking to? I think you're confused in your troll quest.
              smiles... I don't expect you to understand.

Comment

What does that have to do with how good he is? Absolutely nothing.
                To prove how good you are, you must defend your belts.
                A single meaningful fight don't define how great you are.
                You must defend your titles.
                A must.
                I mean, a must.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisCook View Post
                  Whyte quite probably does deserve a title shot but like many others, I'm not at all interested in seeing him against Joshua again and certainly won't be paying for it. I'd much rather see him against Wilder or even Fury because he hasn't fought them before and think that it would give us a clearer idea of how good he is. I've got my doubts about Whyte being good enough to be one of the top HW boxers out there... while he has amassed wins over the last few years (including a couple of really good KO') and obviously developed a lot as a fighter, I think he is just that... a fighter and hasn't really fought top level guys.
                  In my view he loses to Fury (Fury simply out boxes him) and Joshua (he is just too powerful as well as being the better boxer), so the only one of the top three that I'm unsure about it Wilder... In my view and despite his improvements as a top HW, Whyte is still to easy to hit and I think if Parker can knock him down then Wilder can certainly get a KO. With that being said though, Whyte can take a punch (look at AJ vs Whyte) and has some firepower of his own... not to mention being mentally tough, so if he can survive a Wilder onslaught, it could be interesting. Also for the record, when Usyk acclimates at HW I think he beats Whyte handily too.
                  If we have to see Whyte and Joshua again, let it be after Joshua vs Wilder and Fury vs Whyte - providing all the starts align, of course.
                  Wilder doesn't want anything to do with whyte for the past two years.
                  So this is really irrelevant.
                  Hez the best deserving challenger right now and there are only two champions at the moment.

Comment

To prove how good you are, you must defend your belts.
                    A single meaningful fight don't define how great you are.
                    You must defend your titles.
                    A must.
                    I mean, a must.
                    He beat the best HW on the planet once and arguably just did it again. There's not much to doubt about Fury anymore. (aside from possible ped use)

Comment

He beat the best HW on the planet once and arguably just did it again. There's not much to doubt about Fury anymore. (aside from possible ped use)
                      You are still missing the point. A supposedly king is mandated to defend his throne or hez no king at all.
                      One lucky fight don't announce you as a king. Fury has never had any defence fight, so how do we know how he reacts to challengers. Hez as good as bowe dropping a belt but in Fury's case, he dropped all the belts with out a defence.
                      That's cawordice.

Comment

Working...
                      X