Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Harrison Decisions Jermell Charlo, Controversial Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It wasn't a robbery by any means, fight was close.

Comment

• Damn his brother might make a statement after that

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
        rounds 2,3,4,5,7,8 could have easily gone either way

charlo won rounds 1, 6, 11, 12 and harrison 10,12 imo

just so happened two judges gave 5 of the 6 swing rounds to harrison and one judge gave them all to him

does not make it a robbery

fights are scored on a rbr basis. Fighter A can win rounds more definitively than Fighter B but not necessarily get the verdict e.g. hopkins vs taylor I

also, the vocal section of the crowd seemed to be pro-harrison, and crowd can definitely affect judges
        You had Tony winning even tho Jermell wobbled him and clearly pressed the action that fight and round.

Comment

• Worse decisions in years. I can live with the wilder / fury draw but this is a complete horrible decision. Wilder/ fury at least some people felt it was a draw , a few thought wilder won , and quite a few thought fury won , but I’m sure there isn’t one person who can honestly think Harrison won that fight .

Comment

• LOL missed this fight. For real? Who the hell is Harrison?

Yikes for Jermell. Bad cherrypick gone wrong. If Jermall loses to the ghost of Korobov though, I'm a bearded gnome.

Comment

• I have this strange feeling we're gonna find out that the judges screwed up the scorecard names. Now way Charlo last that fight.

Comment

• Now if korobov kos the other ahole......

Comment

• The air is out the building.

Comment

• I take satisfaction in knowing that a lot of the dudes that are sad tonight were probably rejoicing when Golovkin lost! **** em!

Comment

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                      The whole of boxing and their judging methods needs a revamp because it is NOT working, and is not fair to the boxer's.

No way did Harrison do enough to win .... No way!!!
                      I agree the scoring system is so floored.

In almost every sport there is an official scoreboard and scoring system. At the end of a basketball game they don't go to the scorecards where 3 guys courtside judge who won.

Imo boxing should have an official scoring system. Something like:
                      Jab = 1 point
                      Power punch = 3 points
                      Knockdown = 10 points

At the end of the round whoever has the most points gets 10 the loser 9. Then if there is something like a 30+ point advantage then it is a 10-8 round. 60+ point advantage then 10-7. This score is on a scoreboard so everyone knows the score and has the same identical score.

Comment

Working...
                      X