Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: I'll Move Up To 168 To Fight Canelo; Doesn't Matter To Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jacobs: I'll Move Up To 168 To Fight Canelo; Doesn't Matter To Me

NEW YORK Daniel Jacobs isn't about to let eight pounds cost him millions of dollars. The IBF middleweight champion hopes to challenge Canelo Alvarez in a 160-pound championship unification match May 4 in Las Vegas. If Alvarez wants to remain at 168 pounds for his next fight, however, Jacobs gladly would move up to super middleweight for that high-profile opportunity.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hope this fight happens in May of next year but it has to happen at middleweight.
    They both have belts there so they need a unification bout.
    It's a great fight that either fighter can win...

Comment

not happening. its lil G in may and Lemieux in september.

Comment

Dummy

why would Canelo fight Jacobs at 168 and give him an advantage. is Jacobs a dummy??

Comment

Andres Ferrari, ESPN
          December 16, 2018:

"According to ESPN's Stats and Information team, Canelo Alvarez joins Sugar Ray Leonard and Thomas Hearns as the only fighters in boxing history to win world titles at junior middleweight, middleweight and super middleweight."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/

That's GREAT company!

Comment

News flash...Canelo will pick Munguia, Murata, Brant and Lemieux at 168. Easy work all.

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            Hope this fight happens in May of next year but it has to happen at middleweight.
            They both have belts there so they need a unification bout.
            It's a great fight that either fighter can win...

Canelo has no interest in fighting Charlo, Andrade, BJS, Jacobs or Derevyanchenko not happening, not what Canelo is about. Maybe he'll challenge himself with an older, much slower Golovkin or Cento Jr

Comment

Hopefully, Jacobs shows up at the Barclays next saturday. If not Canelo, I'll take Jacobs vs Charlo in a hearbeat!

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                not happening. its lil G in may and Lemieux in September.
                If Canelo fights anyone @ 160, without a title, the WBC has to strip him! In fact, if he fights another fight @ 168 in May, the WBC should strip him! Charlo has been WBC Interim Champion since April! GIVE IT UP or MAN UP!

Comment

Canelo has basically 3 options when it comes to credible opponents. Jacobs, Charlo and callum Smith (if he plans to stay at 168) . Anything else is likely a disappointment but I'm sure it will still be defended by his rabid fan base.

Comment

When is Rosado going to get his shot? lol. I really think Canelo will fight Jacobs next. If its a great fight they'll fight again in Sept. While GGG fights Charlo or smith at 168 maybe even Gilberto Ramirez.

Comment

Working...
                    X