No announcement yet.

Canelo looking like a straight BEAST

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
    I think if Canelo fights the top at the division like vs Callum Smith and Gilberto Ramirez they are pick'em fights depending on style. If Smith can keep Canelo on the outside he can win for sure. That would be a great fight
    Too late for "Zurdo" Ramirez. After Fridays win he said he's moving up to light Heavy weight.

But I agree 100% with you Zurdo and Smith are much taller 6'2" and 6'4" with a reach advantage well over 4 inches. They both know how to use their height and reach advantage. Smith KO'ed Fielding in the first round and George Groves in the 7th.

Comment

I think people are vastly overrating Canelo's win over Fielding. As many people have said beforehand, Fielding is a very limited fighter and not a very durable one either. Callum Smith took him out inside a round

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
        The sky is the limit for Canelo right now.

If he wants, he can unify at 160 and 168 AT THE SAME TIME.

If he keeps this up, even 175lbs doesn't seem out of the question in the distant future.

Depends who is at 175 at the time. If its smaller guys that moved up, then maybe. I posted detailed stats before but basically 175 is where they start getting the frame to be competitive at heavyweight.

Look at the reach and height of guys like Dawson, Tarver, Stevenson ect Canelo is too small to compete with a natural light heavy that is skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
          Too late for "Zurdo" Ramirez. After Fridays win he said he's moving up to light Heavy weight.

But I agree 100% with you Zurdo and Smith are much taller 6'2" and 6'4" with a reach advantage well over 4 inches. They both know how to use their height and reach advantage. Smith KO'ed Fielding in the first round and George Groves in the 7th.
          Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
          I think people are vastly overrating Canelo's win over Fielding. As many people have said beforehand, Fielding is a very limited fighter and not a very durable one either. Callum Smith took him out inside a round

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            Depends who is at 175 at the time. If its smaller guys that moved up, then maybe. I posted detailed stats before but basically 175 is where they start getting the frame to be competitive at heavyweight.

Look at the reach and height of guys like Dawson, Tarver, Stevenson ect Canelo is too small to compete with a natural light heavy that is skilled.
            I agree. 175 would have to be a Roy Jones/Ruiz strategy. Get in, grab your legacy belt and get out.

I think 168 is still within range. His body is capable of handling that size of an opponent.

Comment

Working...
            X