Canelo Alvarez is the best body puncher in the boxing world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
    That's cool, just do all that vs better opponents
    He landed 60 punches to the body of GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      In terms of body punching. He is better, better technique, better set up, better accuracy.
      No way in hell.

Naoya only land his right hand to the body, nothing more.

Canelo operate right hand to the body, with uppers, and left hook, combinations to the body too.

And Naoya only fought with B class fighters but he is a great fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        In terms of good opposition I’ve only ever seen him bother people with his body punching, not really hurting them. Lara comes to mind. He wasn’t enjoying those body punches, but not like he was doubled over at any point.

Inuoe has iced several good fighters with body shots.
        Lara is way better than the best fighter that Inoue fought at this moment of his career.

And Lara was in his bike all the fight because the body shots of Nelo.

And Nelo is better right now, he is perfecting his body shots in each fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
          Great body work last night. He hasn’t typically attacked the body so relentlessly in the past. I think after that liver shot he knew Fielding was busted up and kept in the body.

He hits the body hard. If this fight causes him to be a more consistent and persistent body puncher it could really take his game to the next level.
          He always was a counter puncher.

But in the rematch against GGG and in this fight, he is more offensive.

May be he knows after the fight against GGG that his chin is too strong and he feels confident to put pressure .

Thats my theory

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Disagree. Canelo is decent to the body, but I have Spence above him with Shannon Briggs a very close second, honestly. Current Briggs is now what Foreman was - heavy handed and dangerous close.

Tha f.uck are you talking about.,

Canelo is better fighter than Spence and a way better body puncher.

Comment

Canelo stopping Fielding to the body was probably the easiest prediction to make this year

Yeah I'm a HUGE fan of body punchers which is why "The Body Snatcher" Mike McCallum is one of my all time favorites but yeah Canelo one of the best at it currently for sure...WHEN HE COMMITS TO IT! It is not the flashest of punches, Casual Boxing Fans typically ignore it and I think even judges undervalue body punching and inside work but it is the most damaging. No Amount of sit ups can prepare you for body punches!

Comment

And inoue .

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                  Tha f.uck are you talking about.,

Canelo is better fighter than Spence and a way better body puncher.
                  You need to measure how many fighters have been stopped to the body. Canelo has VERY infrequently stopped guys to the body, whereas Spence is much more known for it.

Comment

Canelo was super clean in the rematch.

And f.uck, your idol is that fu.cking sh.it of MAtthysse?

The guy that dont won a single round against a 60 years old Pacquiao.

Lol
                    at least hes a clean fighter........unlike clen-nelo

once a cheater, always a cheater

Comment

No way in hell.

Naoya only land his right hand to the body, nothing more.

Canelo operate right hand to the body, with uppers, and left hook, combinations to the body too.

And Naoya only fought with B class fighters but he is a great fighter
                      Yeah Inuoe never throws the left hook to the body

Comment

Working...
                      X