Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    Lol if you wasted your time on this fight
    You sound bitter af. Lol

Every week I "waste" my time watching lower tier fighters since I'm a boxing fan. Had a nice little party with the fam, homemade tacos, and L.A. style hotdogs. Happy night with boxing!

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
      That is important. It was free. If they can't attract people for free ... you don't think that's important selling point?
      I'm not too concerned about that. I only care to see fights, whether on Fox, Espn, Dazn, or anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowballer View Post
        I'm not too concerned about that. I only care to see fights, whether on Fox, Espn, Dazn, or anywhere.
        I'm not concerned either. It's for DAZN purposes. It sold out that was a success but if no one saw it they have things to work on.

Comment

• This was a B U L L S H I T fight..That bum "Rocky" did everything possible to loose.I have no idea why would anyone make a big deal of this victory.This was worse than Cotto's victory over "one legged" Martinez & a dehydrated Geale..If Canelo wants to be considered among the best getting "gift" decisions & fighting dead beats is gonna get him there..Canelo & Oscar should stop ducking Jacobs & Charlo & now probably Callum & get it on..

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            sorry guy but nobody is in their prime at 36 yrs old. Doesn't mean they're washed up but definitely not in their prime.

Primes can be long, and primes can be short lived.

Some examples of fighters who had long primes are Floyd, Pacquiao, Hopkins, Marquez.

Some examples of fighters who had short primes are Erik Morales, Fernando Vargas, Juan Diaz.

Some examples of fighters with average primes were Oscar De La Hoya, Julio Cesar Chavez sr, Winky Wright.

I say GGG seems to be competing at a high level in his mid 30s, like the example of fighters with long primes.
            Last edited by Snowballer; 12-16-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
              This was a B U L L S H I T fight..That bum "Rocky" did everything possible to loose.I have no idea why would anyone make a big deal of this victory.This was worse than Cotto's victory over "one legged" Martinez & a dehydrated Geale..If Canelo wants to be considered among the best getting "gift" decisions & fighting dead beats is gonna get him there..Canelo & Oscar should stop ducking Jacobs & Charlo & now probably Callum & get it on..
              Lol. You mad.

This is a tune up fight buddy.

Don't get your panties in a knot.

Comment

• [QUOTE=BigStomps;19360181]You didn't go to the Canelo fight cause you couldn't afford it??
                You broke welfare hoe! ��

Hey Big Stomps I should have never fed in to your nonsense. Broke welfare hoe? Sounds like something a 16 year old would say. A little advice. Enjoy boxing and avoid the name calling ******ity!
                Last edited by Alan Smithee; 12-19-2018, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowballer View Post
                  Primes can be long, and primes can be short lived.

Some examples of fighters who had long primes are Floyd, Pacquiao, Hopkins, Marquez.

Some examples of fighters who had short primes are Erik Morales, Fernando Vargas, Juan Diaz.

Some examples of fighters with average primes were Oscar De La Hoya, Julio Cesar Chavez sr, Winky Wright.

I say GGG seems to be competing at a high level in his mid 30s, like the example of fighters with long primes.
                  that's not long primes. They were able to maintain themselves and not have a drastic fall off but mayweather not pac were the same fighters in their mid to late 30s that they were when they were in their 20s. Neither was Marquez. Hopkins is an odd case because he started boxing very late so while his physical prime was behind him, his technical skills increased with age. In the case of ggg, he started showing a noticeable decline based on his performances at around 34. Again, doesn't mean he wasn't still elite, but not the same guy from a couple of yrs earlier.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Snowballer;19360984]Lol. You mad.

This is a tune up fight buddy.

Don't get your panties in a knot.[/QUOTE

Hey Snowballer, we get the tuneup issue and the fact that it was for a 'title" but this fight had a stench to it as soon as it was made. Staying busy is cool, especially with the DAZN deal but May should be a reputable opponent. If he drops to 160 he should at least fight a ring ****zine top 10. I'm doubting that it will be Jacobs, Andrade, Charlo, or Saunders. Most like Sulecki, Lemieux, or even Derevyanchenko. Would mind any of those guys as long as he doesn't milk the DAZN deal with second tier guys forever. Can't hate him for taking some easier fights. He already has a world class resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                      that's not long primes. They were able to maintain themselves and not have a drastic fall off but mayweather not pac were the same fighters in their mid to late 30s that they were when they were in their 20s. Neither was Marquez. Hopkins is an odd case because he started boxing very late so while his physical prime was behind him, his technical skills increased with age. In the case of ggg, he started showing a noticeable decline based on his performances at around 34. Again, doesn't mean he wasn't still elite, but not the same guy from a couple of yrs earlier.
                      Fighters evolve, even in their primes. Its a natural occurrence. They get smarter and wiser with time.

Hopkins became a pro at 23 and had some tough fights along the way.

GGG became a pro at 24, and was fed nothing but cans.

When GGG finally stepped up, he's aura of invincibility and his "unnatural power" and but vanished.

But if it makes you feel better to have the opinion that Canelo beat a shell of what GGG once was or could have been then by all means have it.

Comment

Working...
                      X